Chapter 3

Accidents Happen

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
You never thought something like this could happen.
 
Are you prepared when it does?
 
No matter how much it hurts...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Your manager was in the other room, blissfully unaware that his charge was close to having a mental breakdown on the floor.
 
You couldn't even keep up with the emotions that were running through your brain. Your mind, still reeling from the shock of what had happened, was flashing back random memories.
 
The studio had disappeared. All you could see before you was his face.
 
Kyuhyun.
 
You saw your first date together, him shyly confessing his feelings for you after giving you a small plush animal. A dolphin, your favorite.
 
You heard his voice. His beautiful singing which you loved to listen to. You remembered the time you two had a karaoke contest, each trying to outsing the other.
 
He finished off with a song you had never heard of. One he wrote just for you.
 
All these memories of your time together flashed by, one after another in a jumble of feelings you couldn't identify.
 
And among these things, you heard three syllables which stood out from the rest.
 
I love you.
 
Saranghae.
 
Suddenly, a loud voice snapped you out of your reverie.
 
"So, do you feel ready for some more work?" It was your manager, calling from the other room.
 
"I was thinking maybe for the opening we could screen this suspenseful trailer, and then at the end—" he trailed off as he saw you sprawled on the floor with a glazed look in your eyes.
 
"Uh, is there something wrong?"
 
His words brought you back to reality, and the horrific memory of the news story. It was still playing on the TV, and you could hear the newswoman still describing the terrible event.
 
The name of the hospital where the members had been brought to showed up on the screen. You managed to lift your head and focus your eyes long enough to commit it to memory.
 
A sudden image of Kyuhyun bloody and broken lying on the ground flashed through your mind.
 
Something snapped inside of you, and the wall that had been holding back your emotions crumbled. All of the pain and grief from before came back tenfold.
 
Struggling to hold back your tears you scrambled to your feet. You had to get to Kyuhyun now.
 
At this point your manager had finally grasped the situation. But at the sound of your movement he turned from the TV.
 
"Hold on, where do you think you're going?" he demanded.
 
"I...I have to see...Kyuhyun...." you managed to choke out. You grabbed your bag, checking to make sure your keys were inside.
 
"But we still have to work on your routine!" 
 
What?! Did he not even look at the news? Did he not see the pictures? Four members, not just Kyuhyun even, had been through a massive car wreck and he was worried about the routine?!
 
Right now you didn't care about any routine. You didn't care if you messed up the concert, in fact, you would give up your career on the spot. If only Kyuhyun was alright....he was all that mattered to you. 
 
You wanted to scream it into your manager's face but instead you didn't reply. You quickened your pace, wanting to get out of there now.
 
"Look, I know you're worried. But the doctors know what they're doing, and if we just let them do their job then everything will be alright!" he stammered, desperate. He was gesturing wildly, and walking towards you.
 
You looked at him in disbelief. Was this man really so naive and unaffected that he thought doing nothing would make everything better? You knew you couldn't help Kyuhyun; you couldn't make him better, but no matter what happened you would make sure that you were by his side.
 
"I know you care about him, but..." your manager reached out and took your arm, trying to keep you from leaving. 
 
You couldn't take this anymore.
 
"I don't just care about him..." you muttered.
 
"What?"
 
You spun away, jerking your arm out of his grasp.
 
"I. LOVE. HIM!" you screamed.
 
 
The last thing you saw was your manager's shocked face as you sprinted out of the room.
 

 

I was originally going to make this 3 chapters but I guess I'm stretching it to 4...

Hope you like it so far! uwu If you do feel free to leave a comment! ^^