Chapter 2

Accidents Happen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
You never thought something like this could happen.
 
Are you prepared when it does?
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
You felt like something was wrong. Kyuhyun had left earlier for a radio show with Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Shindong. He had promised to text you when he was coming home, which should have been about half an hour ago.
 
You were holding your phone, which had no new messages. You frowned, wondering if you should call him. But there was probably no reason to worry.
 
Kyuhyun could just be staying later. Or maybe he didn't even feel like texting you. It was fine, you decided. If you called now, you might interrupt him in the middle of something.
 
Besides, you didn't want to seem like one of those clingy girlfriends who were always checking up on their boyfriends.
 
And it wasn't like you had nothing to do. Sometimes you had to remind yourself that you were an idol now, a dream you never thought you could achieve. You got in your car, ready to drive to the studio for a long schedule ahead of you.
 
Before you shut the door you cast one last glance at your phone. He'll be fine, you thought, tucking your phone in your pocket.
 
-
 
You were exhausted, sweat running down your face. You had been practicing for almost 3 hours now, hard at work on getting down your choreography right. It was important that everything was perfect for the upcoming weekend.
 
You had your first concert coming up, an intimidating yet exciting prospect. You would be touring in Korea, Japan, as well as other countries in the Far East. No more small-time shows and minor gigs for you, you decided, grinning to yourself.
 
But a concert was a pretty big deal, and you needed all the practice you could get. You couldn't afford to waste even a day.
 
But even as you thought that, your mind turned back to Kyuhyun. Where was that babo? He should have long since arrived home by now, yet he still hadn't alerted you to his whereabouts.
 
Of course, there was still the possibility that he forgot to call or didn't think he needed to but you two had planned to go out for dinner that night, and you were starting to worry.
 
You thought about calling him, but with your manager hovering over you and yelling if you so much as faltered, you decided it could wait.
 
Aish, he's going to be in so much trouble later! You fumed, planning to scold him when you got back. But not too much, since you still looked forward to the dinner you had planned together.
 
But you never got to do any of those things.
 
-
 
You slumped down against a wall of the studio, fingers fumbling to turn on the small TV in the corner. Your manager had finally let you take a break, and it was about time. You flipped through the channels absentmindedly, before deciding on a news channel.
 
A big generic "BREAKING NEWS" symbol appeared on the screen. You let your eyes shut, tired, wondering what was so important.
 
The excited anchorwoman was chattering on about something in Korean, almost to fast for you too make out the words. You had been working on your Korean, but you were still a little rusty.
 
It was something about a car accident, that much you could understand.
 
".....horrific accident.....involving our own idols....tragedy.....Super Junior......"
 
Your eyelids flew open. What? No...that's not possible...you must have misheard.... Yet there it was again. That name.... 
 
There on the screen, in big letters, were the words 'Super Junior Car Accident'.
 
You lunged forward, grabbing the TV, your eyes fixated on the headline. NO! That's not true! It must be a mistake.... You couldn't believe what you were hearing. But as if that wasn't terrible enough, then came the pictures.
 
A wide shot of the totaled car was shown. As more pictures of the devastation flashed by, you felt the horror in your stomach grow. But it wasn't over yet.
 
The headline changed. 'Super Junior leader Leeteuk confirmed in accident'. A new wave of horror washed over you as you saw his name.
 
The leader had always been kind to you, and had supported you when you needed help. You couldn't accept the fact that he could possibly have been in that wreck of a car. More names came up as you stared in dismay. Shindong and Eunhyuk had also been in the accident! You sat there numb with shock as the reporter continued talking.
 
But something she said caught your attention.
 
".....car flipped....lost control....way back from radio show....."
 
You froze, something in the reporter's words stirring up a memory. Didn't Kyuhyun say he was going to a radio show this morning?
 
.....With Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Shindong?
 
The realization dawned on you even as you fervently denied it. You were tense, barely able to breathe. No....please.....anyone else.... You felt bad for saying it, but still....
 
Anyone, anyone but....
 
"....reports confirm....Super Junior's Kyuhyun......severely injured."