Baekyeol

Companion ❦ - Sequel to figment -

- 30 years old -

 

“You guys have to thank me, y’know.”

“Yeah yeah… this is fate and I would’ve met him no matter what.”

“EWW, I’m allergic to cheese.”

“WARNING: OVERDOSAGE.”

Baekhyun giggled in his oh-so-manly way, sitting back down. To other people around him, it seemed like there was empty seat beside him. But that wasn’t the case for Baekhyun—Chanyeol was sitting there.

“The bride and groom may… The groom and groom…? You may kiss.” Sehun happily leaned in, and the crowd cooed at the adorable image. This is so funny. The ‘manliest’ out of all of us is the only straight one. Suho was a graphic novelist, while his boss was his girlfriend. It’s funny how he used to complain about her being too strict despite her young age, and now they’re hooking arms.

Daphne was 4 years younger than Suho, not any less accomplished than he was and Luhan always chided Baekhyun to follow her example. She was amazing at socializing, always being able to spot the other’s habits, likes and dislikes.

Kai and Kyungsoo became instructors of the top arts university in Seoul. Their other job though, was being backup dancer and singer. Sehun was no longer lost; he had a company of his own. He made full use of his exceptional brain and started up a publishing house. Which became popularly known as one of the best educational publishing houses in a mere 3 years.

Baekhyun smiled softly as he watched his friends form families. He knew he wouldn’t ever have one, but he was fine with it. I could always adopt, like Hunnie and Hannie are planning to.

God knew how surprised he was when he found out the imaginary friend Sehun had when he was a kid looked exactly the same as Luhan. It was supposedly fate, but love kept them together. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the mushiness and wondered if it would ever happen to him. Nah, it’s fine. I like the way things are going right now.

 

- 36 years old -

 

“Channie, my company’s closing down. Where do I go now?” Frustrated, Baekhyun almost pulled his hair out and Chanyeol patted his head, motioning for him to calm down. “Speak, god damn it! Why can’t you just talk to me?” Baekhyun was on the verge of bursting into tears and Chanyeol just hugged him. It was exactly what Baekhyun wanted him to do, but something about it just made him feel even more down.

‘No way, you evil man!’ The kid raised the toy, playing around with it. ‘I’m Chanyeol.’ Baekhyun’s grip on his pencil tightened. He was sleeping soundly, the stress the past few weeks finally knocking him down and Chanyeol sat on the bed, watching him sleep. He moved, his hand trying to carry Baekhyun up but his hand only passed through Baekhyun.

‘Baek, wake up.’ Who’s speaking? Baekhyun stirred, mumbling some nonsense as he tried to place the voice. It’s deep. I like deep voices. ‘I can’t touch you when you’re sleeping, Baek.’ The said boy shot up, his eyes wide as he stared at Chanyeol. “Ch-Channie?” He hugged him immediately, sighing contentedly. “I like your voice. Sorry for getting mad earlier on. Channie-ah.”

 

59 years old ~

 

“Guys! My daughter just gave birth! Come check out her kid!” What the , Suho? Check out your kid?

“Dad, I have a girlfriend. Her name’s Grace.”

“I’m sorry Dad, I can’t go today! Grace is in labor!”

“Grandpa!”

“Uncle Baekhyun! Why don’t you marry anyone?” Good question there, Daniel. I don’t know either. Maybe it’s just this man beside me stopping me from doing so. He has my heart after all. But of course Baekhyun didn’t say that. “Because I like it this way.”

 

 

The two spent the bulk of their lives together, watching each other age and finally, they had to part. As Baekhyun lay on his bed, he smiled. Chanyeol’s face was blurred, but he didn’t mind. In his mind was the 5-year-old, then the 18-year-old and the him two days ago. He didn’t mind. He didn’t regret choosing Chanyeol. And he won’t ever forget.

He didn’t bother reaching for his phone; he wanted to use the last of his strength remembering the face of the love of his life. ‘Baekhyun.’ “Yes… Cha—” ‘Don’t speak. Just… listen.’

He could no longer see, feeling his heartbeat slow down. Three things registered: one was the searing heat of a person’s tears dripping on his face. Second was the person’s lips over his. Who? Just… whose lips were those? Third was the voice he heard.

Thank you, Baekhyun, for everything you’ve done. I, Park Chanyeol will never regret falling in love with you. Baek, I love you.

Park Chanyeol.

Park Chanyeol.

… Channie? Who’s that? Why do I feel such hurt just thinking of him?

Who’s that boy in my memories?

 

-----------------

A/N: Because more often than not, when your imaginary friend disappears, your memories with him disappear too. It’s sad, but most of the time true. 

Help to advertise this, guys! It has a pathetic number of views D: 99 D: views D: 99 D: 99 D: 99 D: 99 D:

Enjoy the Baekyeol! I'll post non-Baekyeol here soon too ^^