the boy named---

Dark Revelations

“Who’re you?”

 

The boy had blue-grey hair. He wore a dark long sleeve shirt-the ends of it were all torn and frayed. What caught most people’s eyes was the black bandana wrapped around his neck.

 

“I-I’m..My name’s Zelo..” The boy stuttered in a soft voice. Taeri stared at him,eyes narrowed at the boy. The boy, now introduced himself as Zelo, shuddered in the leader’s stare. Her eyes like a hunter targeting its prey.

 

“Yongguk. Explain,” Taeri’s voice grew louder as she crossed her arms and legs.

 

“Well...I felt like we could use some help and Zelo seemed like a good candidate,“ Yongguk shrugged his shoulders and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

Taeri gestured to the young boy to come closer. He quietly obeyed and shuffled his way across the room, standing in front of the leader. Eyes of the others rested on him, making him even more nervous.

 

“Zelo, can I ask you how you found out about us?”

 

Zelo’s breath hitched, eyes darting back and forth to the people surrounding him. “I, um-  noticed the red ribbons all around,”

 

“You’re quite observant to notice that. Most people don’t even see that. ” Yongguk pointed out, placing a hand on the younger boy’s shoulder.

 

“Listen Zelo and listen well,” the female brunette raised a finger at the boy,” If you want to join, you’re going to tell me everything. Starting from your background to why you want to join,” Taeri looked at the other team members watching with curiosity. “The rest of you...get out. From the looks of it, the pub sure needs some help.”

 

The others groaned, wanting to stay and watch, but proceeded to obey orders anyway. Shuffling and footsteps were heard and once Taeri, Zelo, and Yongguk - who was yelled by the leader to stay - heard the closing of the door, they continued.

 

“Okay, start,” the leader sat on the couch nearby, crossing her legs.

 

“Erm.. I have two parents and an older brother,”

 

“Do they take drugs?” Taeri interrupted the younger one.

 

“Wha-what?”

 

“You know, these things,” Yongguk pulled out a packet of tablets. The words “be happy” in bright,bold letters.

 

“They’re drugs that make you happy and give you all sorts of different good emotions. They work, but not in the way you want them to,” Taeri explained, eyes glaring at the pack. Zelo noticed and immediately closed of all thoughts regarding the drugs.

 

“So, have you seen your parents take them before?” the leader continued.

 

“Not only my parents, but my brother too,” Zelo added, voice going soft as his lips moved to the word “brother.”

 

“Have you tried it yet?” Yongguk questioned.

 

“No. I figured that I’m not sick so I don’t need to take them,” Zelo looked at the two innocently. Yongguk glanced at Taeri. Her mood changed from what he saw in her eyes.

 

“You..never had the urge to take them before? Even from curiosity?”

 

“No…Not once,” Zelo began twiddling with his fingers. Yongguk began noticing Zelo’s signs of nervousness and patted his head in comfort.

 

“It’s alright, kid. No need to get so antsy,” Yongguk smiled and stuck his tongue out playfully.

 

Taeri sighed, “ Well if you stay with your family, you’re bound to take them one day.”

 

There was a moment of silence. Taeri was still wondering whether or not to trust Zelo. It has always been hard when choosing members, being careful enough so that no spies can be infiltrated into the group. Having an eye in the sky was bad enough, but another set of eyes for the government to see is worse.

 

“I.. want to join”

 

Taeri furrowed her eyebrows at the young male,” What did you say?”

 

“I know you don’t trust me,but I want to join,”

 

Taeri and Yongguk flashed a brief look at each other. Taeri was momentarily confused from the shy boy’s sudden surge of confidence.

 

“Tell me why,” The brunette demanded, eyes stone cold.

 

“My family... Even though they were happy. It wasn’t genuine. It felt different every time they would smile at me. It’s colder now. Vast and empty with no thoughts behind it,” Zelo gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

 

“Now, Zelo, kid. Would you mind if I explain why and how this group was formed.” Yongguk grinned. Taeri took the opportunity to give him a punch in arm.

 

“You’re going to reveal our secrets to a kid that you brought in from the streets?!” the leader hissed.

 

Ignoring the girl, Yongguk wrapped a hand over the lost boy, “Well, you see. I met this devil on the streets,” Yongguk took the time to point at the leader who was burning holes in the older man’s skull. He cleared his throat.

 

“Continuing, we both had the darkest times in our lives. Anyway, I saw her on the streets and thought she was just like me. Fast forward a bit, we had planned to make this group. We noticed everything about the world and promised to each other not to fall from grace again. This was our chance to set things right. The people we recruited were mostly the people who have also experienced this thing. They had fallen into the abyss, similar to us. But we’re all together now, ready to take on the world.”


 

“Do you know what we’re going to do?” Yongguk flashed another smile as Zelo shook his head, processing the newly achieved information.

 

“We’re going to take the world by storm and make the people realize the dangers and lies society has fallen into. Making a change to society and its people. Now to get rid of a problem, we have to attack it at its source. The government. We’re going to overthrow the government. It’s getting harder and harder though,” Yongguk’s smile disappeared. Zelo glimpsed at Taeri, her expression crestfallen and discouraged.

 

Zelo had just met them, already knowing they were strong and confident people in the first place. But even the strongest people can break.

 

Another wave of silence washed over them. This time with uneasiness. All of the sudden, Taeri was starting to doubt if it was possible. She doubted if they were able to change society. It was a lot harder than she thought and she didn’t know if she had the power. The leader, the one everyone was afraid of, the one that showed no hint of backing down. The same person is now fearing for her life and future.

 

Zelo read the sudden change in the air.

 

“I heard two people talking about change in an alley. The way they were so excited to beat the government. The way they wanted to make the people see all the abnormalities in the world. For some reason, I got excited too. That day always stuck to me. From then on, I realized that there were people around me with red ribbons tied somewhere on their bodies. They looked happy and smiled. I felt that they had ability to change this world..”

 

Zelo stared at Taeri with eyes full of admiration and wonder. Her breath hitched as she noticed the slight tears in the latter’s eyes.


“They had the wings of freedom”

 

 


Sadist Author's Note:

And there goes chapter 2. May be mistakes. this chapter ...i feel like it's too boring. lool dont worry, things will get more interesting soon. and the other chapters will be longer, i hope. so introducing character, zelo~ woot. oh yeah, comments are welcomed. dont be shy LOL

 

-take it easy-