{Chapter 3} Unexpected Specialties

{The Yearbook} Starring EXO's D.O.

I can’t concentrate now that the test has been passed out. Thank you teacher for letting me have a second chance at this test that I so rudely missed this morning. I can only focus on the rashful decision I made with D.O. I feel like crawling into a hole and dying in there, how embarrassing.

He asked me to wait for him until his club meeting is over. I really shouldn’t have accepted to help him out, I need all the time I can get to study, and I can’t afford dropping out of school because of my pitiful dropping grades.

But a promise is a promise so I have to go. I’ll just study as much as I can when I’m there.

 


 

I managed to jot down some reasonable answers before the teacher came to collect the tests, hopefully I get a passing grade, but I doubt it.

I collect my things and walk out of the classroom just as the ‘end of the day’ bell buzzed through the ears of every irritated student. I check my phone for any texts from D.O.

 

To: Hwa Young

From: Kyung Soo

Come to room 240! I’ll be waiting! :D

 


 

“Hey,” D.O stops me right as I turn the corner, “come inside.” He gives me a warm smile and drags me in. I can see why so many girls are chasing after him, must be tough to be born with a cute smile and big doe-like eyes…

Focus Hwa Young! Focus. You are here to study not to fall madly in love with his looks.

“Hey Kyung Soo! What’s with the girl?” A very handsome-looking boy called out to D.O as we enter the room, the boy dressed with sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt which seem to highlight his –ahem- y skin color. He winks at me and I can’t help but blush.

Now that I mention it, the whole room was filled with handsome, charming boys, twelve of them to be exact and in the cluster I spot out Luhan and Tao smiling at me.

This meeting is full of the smartest guys in school…!

Ah. If only Hye In was here to see me in this room, she would be so jealous.

“Oh. She is my bodyguard.” He turns to smile brightly at me, but I respond with a glare, Don’t title me as a bodyguard. He chuckles, Oh. Sorry. “I mean… she is my knight in shining armor!”

He turns back to face me with a questionable look, Better now? But I narrow my eyes signaling a No. But he turns away laughing not acknowledging my pissed off face.

“If you aren’t busy Kyungie, we need to practice now.” One of them calls out who happens to be in my class, his name is Baekhyun. I rarely get to see his face because of the hoards of people, I mean fan girls that crowd around him every day, once in a while they would even call him ‘Bacon’ for fun, I’m not really sure if he likes being nicknamed as food. He would march out of the room before I could tell.

“I’m coming.” D.O shouts back at Baekhyun and then turns back to me, “Just stay here until it’s over.” I nod and he runs into the cluster.

I take out my notebook and start to scribble new facts that the ‘for once helpful’ math teacher taught the class earlier. The lesson had something to do with binominal terms…

A cold menacing sound booms through the speakers of the boom box beside me and I look up only to find the twelve ‘princes’ in a row with their arms out in a weird way. Boom! The song starts and one of them claws the ground and jumps out only to start singing.

Chogiwa danbeone neukkyeo neol hanibe cheese choreom jibeo noeul tteda

That’s when I realize what they are doing.

There is a school concert in just a few months and I’m guessing that’s what they are practicing for, the school concert is going to be the last school gathering we will have before summer vacation and it’s very important for all the grades to send representatives to show off to the entire school.

Hyangi madgo, saekkal aemihago wine boda uahage jaba meogeul tteda

I would’ve figured that the second years would send twelve gorgeous boys to do so, they always send pretty looking people who actually have talent like Hye In, I remember when we all –and when I mean all I mean everyone except me- sent her for the school concert and she seduced every senior in the auditorium.

Thankfully they graduated so they can’t drool over her unlike the seniors this year, yuck.

Ageureonde ppaltobe himi ppajyeo imatkkaji eh~ Eobseojyeo hokshi naega apeungolka byeongirado geollin geoni

My heart skips a beat as they jump out from the weird position prowling around like wolves.

Six of them jump out of the area to stand flat against the walls of the room while the remaining six stay to keep singing.

Geureon ani geori ppunirago

I never really heard Baekhyun sing before so this is whole is a shock to me.

 Hey~ Hwak meureo geu daeum mak mak heundeulha jeongshi naege

Hey~ Ja anaebon seutailo jeogeun boreumdari jigi jeone haechiwora

Now that I think about it, so far the song seems very wolf like, biting people?

Geurae Wolf, naega Wolf Awoo~

Ah. There we go.

The song goes on for a bit and I start to wonder if the ones resting near the walls will jump in a dance as well. I stare at D.O. for a bit, his eyes seem very focused and unlike him.

He suddenly looks at me and gives me a wink and a boyish smile which makes my heart flutter but I keep my face in neutral state. 

That’s when the six ‘princes’ in the middle of the room jump out leaving room for the other six to jump back in.

I decide to put away my notebook just to watch the boys dance. This performance will surely shock everyone at the concert.

 


 

 

“So how was it?” D.O asks as he seals his water bottle.

“It was amazing. I-i’m still in shock.” Throughout the dance I was receiving shivers from every direction, they are flawless.

“Alright. Let’s go home.” He grabs onto my hand and pulls me toward the door when he stops and turns to the other boys, “See you guys tomorrow!” A few of them stare at me while others whistled and hooted as we turn out the door.

 

“D.O-“ I call him, he turns around with an unpleased look plastered on his face, “Call me Kyungsoo from now on.” I can't handle him and I yank my hand free, "We are not that close yet." 

He looks at me with a blank expression which yells that I'm being too harsh. He turns away from me leaving me stranded alone on the stairs.

 


 

“Is there something you want to tell me?” Il Sung pushes toward the dinner table with a death glare locked on me.

“Can you please just eat your food? It’s getting cold.” I avoid his eyes and keep eating but it still feels uncomfortable somehow. I never felt uncomfortable around my brother before but this time he is just too serious. What is up with him these days? Mood swings much.

“Why were you late today?” He stabs his spoon into what’s left of his rice.

“I had a club meeting today.” I carefully pick up the rice with a spoon and shove it in my mouth.

“No you didn’t. I saw Soo Jin as I was going home.” I look up to find his eyes narrowing.

“She wasn’t needed today.” I glare at him which gradually made him shut up.

I guess this another day where we end up eating in silence.

 


 

I rub my eyes as I struggle to concentrate on the Japanese language class homework, I keep thinking about what happened today.

So many things happened that I know would change my high school life but I’m not sure for good or for the worst. I was praised and blessed by some of the smartest boys in school and I even made a promise with one of them and then made him angry all in the same day. I'm a horrible person. I cup my face with my hands to make myself feel more invisible. I am a horrible person.

My heart keeps pounding as I remember the smiles the boys have given me today. But why would they want anything to do with me? One of the DUMBEST students in school.

I really hope D.O -ahem- I mean Kyung Soo isn't too mad about what happened. 

I ease my mind as I turn off the study lights to lie down and cuddle up in my bed. I hope for a better tomorrow, one that’s not so confusing.

 


 

{ Sorry everyone for writing so little this time. D: My head hurst so I decided to stop here. I'll upload the next chapter soon. How was it so far? I'll update next week so be sure to subscribe!~}