Confessions

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was nothing but silence between the three. Sehun, Suzy and Jongin were waiting for Hana to finish her operation but an awkward and intense atmosphere has built up among them. Suzy hasn’t talked to both Jongin and Sehun since the time she knew that the truth has already been revealed. The other two male had an ongoing fight for Suzy and Hana so they gave nothing for each other but deathly glares and a deafening silence.

The three were standing distantly from each other as they tried to focus their minds in nothing but the success of Hana’s bone marrow transplant. It took hours before the doctor came from the operating room. At first, he was taken aback by seeing the three of them together, but knowing the truth about Hana’s biological father, he chose to remain quiet over the issue. Instead he told them,

“The transplant has been a success.”

Even if they had another conflict at hand, all three smiled and sighed in relief. Both Sehun and Jongin had the urge to hug Suzy tight but then knowing that the girl was not ready for any intimacy at the time, they kept their joyful hearts to themselves. Suzy’s eyes were b with tears of joy and she chuckled as she wiped them away. Sehun bowed ninety degrees to Dr. Lee as he said,

“Thank you. Thank you very much.”

Dr. Lee smiled as replied, “It was Hana. She fought ‘til the very end. It was all thanks to your efforts too.”

Suzy also bowed to the doctor and the latter gladly mirrored it. He also patted Sehun’s shoulder to recognize him and he added, “But we’re going to keep Hana confined for further observations. Until then, you can take her home.”

Dr. Lee then turned to Jongin as he said, “Let’s talk in my office.”

Both Sehun and Suzy were surprised to hear those words for Jongin. Instinctively, they looked at each other and by then, they realized that the doctor considers Jongin as one already one of Hana’s parents. Jongin then, just nodded slowly.

“The nurses will keep watch of Hana in the Operating Room (OR) so please have lots of rest for the mean time,” Dr. Lee turned to Sehun and Suzy once more. He then added with a warm smile, “You truly deserve it.”

Both bowed at the doctor once again to bid him goodbye and they watched as he walked away with Jongin by his side.

The silence was killing both of them but no one dared to speak as Sehun and Suzy started fixing Hana’s room. However, when they found nothing else to keep them occupied, they felt the awkwardness in every single second. Both of them were staring at the ground but Suzy was sitting on the bed while Sehun was sitting on the couch.

“Are you mad at me?” Sehun finally breaks the silence as he looks up and his gaze lands on Suzy but the latter kept staring at the ground as she replied,

“You only did what you were supposed to do. You were thinking about Hana’s condition and telling Jongin the truth was the best and last resort you had.”

She finally met his gaze and he watched as the corner of her lips lightly pulled a smile as she asked, “How can I be mad to you, Sehun?”

Sehun then slowly walked towards her and kneeled in front of her. He looked up to meet her eyes as he asked, “Then why? Why do I have this uneasy feeling? Why does it come from you?”

“Because I am anxious,” Suzy whispered as she stared right into him. “I do feel uneasy.”

Both of their eyes gave troubled gazes but then Suzy took Sehun’s hand and held them tight. She smiled, not one of happiness, but of dilemma and pain.

“This is why I was trying so hard to keep it,” she added in a whisper. “Because once the truth is set free, we wouldn’t know where to start again.”

When he was about to reply, a few knocks came from the door causing both of them to flinch and stand up. Just then, the door creaked and slowly opened revealing Mrs. Kim. Both Sehun and Suzy bowed in greeting while the elderly said,

“Hello to you two.”

“Come in, ommeoni,” Sehun gestured. No matter what issue he had with Jongin, Sehun considers that his mother was out of it.

Seeing the empty bed, Mrs. Kim asked, “Where is Hana? I heard that her operation is today.”

“She’s still in the OR and she’s under observation but the doctor said that it has been a success,” Suzy told with a smile.

Mrs. Kim beamed as she asked in relief, “Really?”

Sehun and Suzy looked at each other before they smiled and nodded at the woman. Mrs. Kim smiled brightly once more as she whispered, “Well, that’s good news.”

“But,” Sehun replied. “If you want to visit Hana, you still have to wait for tomorrow, ommeoni.”

“No. It’s okay,” Mrs. Kim waved her hand in dismissal. “It’s really the two of you who I came for.”

Suzy then suddenly gripped the back of Sehun’s shirt and the latter felt that she was crumpling the cloth in her hand. He knew that like him, Suzy was becoming nervous with the mention of a serious conversation. Mrs. Kim saw the uneasiness in their eyes but then she continued,

“Jongin had told me everything.”

Sehun the bottom of his lip as he gulped, preparing to explain as he said, “Ommeoni-“

“You… do you two want a cup of coffee?”

“At midnight of Jongin’s birthday, he called me,” Mrs. Kim started.

The snow was falling outside, but they warmed themselves with the coffee that the nearby shop served. Mrs. Kim was sitting across both Sehun and Suzy who sat beside each other. She kept her stare at her cup while the two listened intently.

“He kept telling me how much he loved me and his father,” she smiled sadly. “And he kept saying sorry. He was pleading for the forgiveness of the two of you.”

Suzy’s gaze softened as she remembered every detail of that night, but she never knew what happened after she had left Jongin. She had no idea where he had been but she knew that his mother was about to explain everything.

“I didn’t know what it meant back then. Maybe he knew that he was about to die.”

Sehun and Suzy widened their eyes as they heard the words. They never knew that Jongin had a fatal attack the night before his twentieth birth day but then Mrs. Kim continued,

“He almost did. Fortunately, a stranger picked the phone and told us about his whereabouts. There were also concerned citizens who immediately rushed him to the hospital. When we arrived, the doctor told us that we could do nothing but wait until he dies.”

Mrs. Kim faked a chuckle as she met their gaze and asked, “But even if the world would tell a parent to give up, she would never let go. Right?”

Sehun and Suzy nodded in reply. The doctor’s advice was absurd. They too would not wait if someone tells them that they could do nothing for Hana’s condition. They nodded because they completely understood Mrs. Kim. Like her, they were willing to do whatever it takes to save Hana.

“So we immediately took him to America and we searched for the best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter