Diagnosed

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin watched as Suzy kept trembling, her eyes fixed on the ground. She kept chewing her bottom lip in anxiousness and Jongin’s nervousness doubled with what Suzy was showing. His eyes showed concern and he kept biting his nails to relieve the tension he was feeling. As much as his heart drummed with uneasiness, he wanted to comfort the broken girl beside him. He wanted to take Suzy’s hand and tell her to calm down, but he was afraid that his feelings as a lover would get through and this was not the time for him to display his affection for her- especially not in the time when they barely managed to take Hana to the hospital.

“Su?”

Both of them turned when they heard Sehun’s voice and Jongin watched as Suzy stood up to meet her husband but her legs wobbled and gave her away. She stumbled in front of the chair they were sitting and Jongin managed to catch her. However, Sehun ran towards them and Jongin’s hands slowly left Suzy’s shoulders. He watched as Sehun helped Suzy to stand up and they stared into each other’s eyes.

“I-I’m sorry,” Suzy stuttered. “I-I didn’t know what to do.”

“Shhh,” Sehun hissed, trying to calm Suzy down as he brushed her arms.

“S-She was turning blue,” Suzy confessed. “S-She couldn’t breathe p-properly. T-There was no bl-blood so I…I didn’t know what’s wrong. Hana…”

Suzy’s voice broke and tears welled in her eyes. Her lips kept trembling as she continued, “H-Hana… she… she looked like she was about to die.”

“Don’t say that,” Sehun said sternly, slightly widening his eyes at her for saying such words.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” Suzy kept mumbling as she covered with her hands and short sobs left her.

Sehun’s eyes then softened upon seeing her cry and he enveloped her in his arms as he whispered into her ears, “Don’t say sorry. What happened is not your fault, Su.”

He felt Suzy gave a nod and she clenched onto his polo as she continued crying while Sehun tightened the hug between the two of them. He felt his own heart beat speeding. He remembered when he was eight and he first saw Jongin had an attack- he knew that Suzy was feeling the same way too or even worse. He was then reminded of Jongin’s presence and their latest conversation did not ease his mind but he tried to set it aside because for now, what matters the most is Hana’s condition.

Jongin, on the other hand watched as the two exchanged an intimate embrace. He watched as Suzy showed vulnerability in front of his best friend. He knew that only in front of Sehun did she let all her defenses crumble down. He bit his lip to suppress all the monstrous emotions he was starting to feel and when he felt the tangy taste of blood, he immediately averted his gaze. He then started taking deep breaths as he felt his heart clenching at the sight before him. He then prayed that Hana was okay for if she was, then he could leave peacefully and be away from all the heartbreaks.

Sehun and Suzy sat beside each other, holding each other’s hands while Jongin sat a few chairs away from them, maintaining a good distance, as he stared at the ceiling. Every second passed by in silence but the three of them immediately stood up as the doctor came from Hana’s room. The doctor looked surprised upon seeing three people so he asked,

“Who are the parents?”

Suzy’s grip on Sehun tightened but it was Jongin who answered, “They are.”

“I am Doctor Lee Jong Suk,” the doctor introduced himself with a handshake which Sehun gladly took. Based from his looks, he was a little older than them.

“Hana is already stable. Her breathing was already normalized,” Dr. Lee said. “However, we haven’t found the reason for the incident. We still have to do a series of tests but the girl still needs rest for now. I’m afraid that you have to stay in the hospital for the night and the tests shall be made in the morning.”

“We understand,” Sehun replied as Suzy kept silent the whole time.

“And… Hana is already looking for someone to accompany her inside,” Dr. Lee said. “But..”

The doctor’s gaze then travelled towards Jongin as he said, “I have to talk to her parents- privately.”

“Okay,” Jongin smiled. “I’ll go into her room then.”

Jongin then looked at Suzy and Sehun for approval and Sehun just gave him a nod while Suzy gave him a small smile as she mouthed a “thank you”.

“Thank you,” Dr. Lee bowed and Jongin mirrored his action before proceeding into Hana’s room.

“Let’s go into my office then,” Dr. Lee then told Sehun and Suzy. He gave them an assuring smile as he led the way and the two followed.

As soon as they arrived into the neat and clean office Dr. Lee has, the doctor made them sit down.

“Was Hana experiencing loss of appetite these past few days?” he asked.

“Neh?” Suzy asked back as she started to think of it. “Well, she’s been eating lesser.”

“I’ll be honest with you,” Dr. Lee said seriously. “I’ve found swelling in the lymph nodes of Hana. I can’t give out any more words because we still need to do tests to be sure. However, I want you to be ready whatever the results of diagnose may be.”

Sehun and Suzy looked at each other before their gaze travelled back to Dr. Lee who added, “Moreover, I want you to be strong for Hana.”

When Suzy opened the door, the chuckles of Jongin and Hana filled the air. Their laughter faded when they heard the door creak and both turned to see Sehun and Suzy go in the room. Hana displayed a bright smile while Jongin just gave a small one as he stood up from Hana’s bed.

“Omma! Appa!” Hana greeted cheerfully as if nothing happened.

Sehun smiled at the little girl and he looked at Suzy who also showed a bright smile.

“How are you?” Suzy replied with the same energy as Hana’s.

“I’m fine. Thank you,” Hana said as if she memorized the line. It was quickly followed by a giggle indicating that she was fooling around.

“Are we going home now?” Hana asked.

Sehun and Suzy looked at each other and Jongin did not miss the hint of worry in their eyes.

“We’ll be staying in the hospital for the night,” Suzy told.

“Wae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter