I'm gonna have to breathe for you...

Fine, Fine.. I'll Breathe For You

...

DongHae was speechless.



Zoey: "What are we gonna do?"

Me: "I don't ... know."

For 15 minutes we were all acting frozen.

Zoey: "We have to do something."

Me: "But, what?", I yelled out.

Zoey: "Ok, first you need to stop panicking. We need to think of a way to provide air for him until Kyu is back."

DongHae was still speechless.

Me: "DongHae please don't be scared, we're gonna think of something.", I said it to him not even sure if I believe that.

DongHae turned his head around trying to hide his terrified face.

Zoey: "Wait.. I have an idea. May, remember what we watched on TV last weekend?"

May: "... Wait. Oh Oh yes. I remember!", I got my hopes up " .. When that guy used cane or something that he found to breath under the water."

That gave DongHae hope.

Zoey: "o.O Ha? What? No , I meant the.... "

Me: "Yes, that might work, let's look around for it."

Zoey: "Ok, fine, what I had in mind can be the plan B.", she said kinda disappointed. 


... Ten minutes later.

Zoey and I are sitting on a grass hopelessly.

Me: "Of course there isn't any."

Zoey: ".. We are not in the jungle and this is not a TV show."

Me: "..This is a safe environment being provided and protected by school."

Zoey: "We are idiots.... although we are not the ones stuck in the river."

DongHae: "Hey!"

Me: "Hey!!! It's not like there was a sign saying "It's dangerous, don't go in the water!"."

Zoey: "No! There's just a bridge over there."

Me: "Well, at least he can lean on trees normally without tripping."

Zoey: "Ha! I wouldn't bet my life on that."

DongHae: "OK, fine. STOP fighting! I'll drown if you want just stop fighting. The water is already up to my shoulders, we don't have enough time anyway."

Zoey: "Unnie, I'm sorry."

Me: "No, it's my fault."

Zoey: "Awww :) .. Well I guess that leaves us with plan B.", she said happily.

Me: "What is the plan B exactly?"

Zoey: "Well, you remember when we watched Super Junior EHB (Exploration of the human body) last week? :D"

Me: "o.O"

Zoey: "*cough* .. umm... episode 12?"

Me: "So? o.O"

Zoey: "Welllllll? :D"

And than I realized: "O.O No!" 

Zoey: "Yes! :D"

DongHae: "What? o.O"

Me: "NO!"

Zoey: "You want him to die?"

Me: "No."

Zoey: 'So?"

Me: "But.... I can't.... I'm not.. You can do it!"

DongHae: "What?"

Zoey: "ME?? I have a boyfriend."

Me: "So?"

Zoey: "NO!"

Me: "....Fine!"

Zoey: "You're gonna have to do it. :)"

DongHae: "What? o.O"

I whispered to Zoey: "But.. that's my first..."

Zoey: "I know :D You're so lucky. Go! Go!", she said cheerfully. 

I took my shoes off slowly. I stepped in the water and I approached him. ... My face got so red.

DongHae asked me gently: "What is it?"

Me: "Well.... in that episode.... umm... they were researching how long... can a person... umm.. hold their breath under water...", I was partly mumbling.

DongHae: "Ok..."

Me: "... while the other person.. is providing.. air for them..."

DongHae: "Ok..?", he said confused.

Me: ".... mouth .. to mouth."

DongHae was confused and then he realized what I meant by that.

Me: "I'm... gonna .. have to.. breath for you."

He swallowed hard. His face got red and so did mine. We weren't able to look each other in the eyes.
Meanwhile Zoey was just looking at us and coughing trying to stop her excitement from blowing out.

Me: 'Umm... khmm.. I..."

DongHae's head was facing the water. His eyes were hidden behind his bangs.. his lips were trembling. I felt like dying, he doesn't even like me, why would he want to kiss....

DongHae: "Ok" He mumbled.

My head was gonna explode when I heard that.. I started bitting my lips, Even thinking about it was embarrassing: "... Kmm.. yeah."

Zoey was losing her patience. She got in the water and said to us: "Well, looks like I have to be the one speaking here. DongHae, you take her hand!", she said while taking his hand and making him hold mine hand.

The moment he touched my hand my whole body was trembling, I really hope he didn't feel that.

"OK, look..", Zoey continued : "You're gonna hold your breath under water as much as you can. Once you feel you're at your limits pull her arm so that she knows and then pull her entire body into water if she's too high. And... You. Must. Not. Panic! May, you just stay up and be prepared.", then she whispered to me: "You must not panic either.", and then she winked at me so I can relax.

The water was already up to his neck so I was already swimming instead of touching the ground.

Zoey got out of the water: "Oh! And to be sure this will work .. try it now once. Umm... you know... just in case."

I turned my face looking at her with "You. Are. Dead. To. Me." look in my eyes.. but the same second I felt .. DongHae's arm moving. He dived in. He really dived in. Immediately. He didn't even take a second to think.

That was it! I was standing there.. waiting... for one twitch from his hand. I was nervous. I felt the Earth shaking... volcanoes erupting .. vortexes in my mind... and then...

.. His hand moved...




...


-Spoilers from final chapter:

.. "I like you "...
.. "I like you too."