Eyes & Eyeliner

♕An Ulzzang's Beauty Diary

 

12 August 2013

7: 15 PM EST

Entry #3 MAKEUP: Eyes & Eyeliner

Dear Beauty Diary,

                                    One of the most important parts of ulzzang makeup is the eyes. Ulzzangs, both men and women,

invest in a large amount of effort into perfecting their eyes, whether it be wearing eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, or even

contacts.

Here's a simple, sweet eye makeup for ulzzangs:

1NSXLp1xo7DMqlLbNfNz37JBKFIwJdsaUsywX0PB

 



 

Now, let me introduce to you the three different types of eyeliner:

pencil, gel, and liquid

vL1ptjp5YHisbu8MumjBaAUlwjV2GjwEB9vg39SQ

afyod7AQjllQpV745JPUdgXZIcd7OFe39s7YDwzH

Depending on your skin type, your eye size, your personal preference, and your experience with makeup, you may want to choose different types of eyeliners. Don't know which one suits you best? Don't worry I'll help you.

 

​Pencil Eyeliner: This type of eyeliner is the most commonly used since it is very easy to manage and control. Pencil liners are just like any pencil; once the point gets dull, you have to resharpen it. To use the liner, simply 'draw' the line onto your lashline. Pencil liners are best for lining the waterline since the pencil is usually a lot duller than others.

Pros:

*easy to control

*good for beginners

*provides softer, duller line that other liners cannot make

Cons:

*does not provide a sharp, thin, crisp line (must buy a sharpener to keep pencil sharp)

*smudges very easily, especially if you have smaller eyes or oily skin

*application is not as smooth as those of other liners

 

Gel Eyeliner: Gel eyeliners are generally used by professional makeup artists; however, the liner is becoming increasingly popular among the mainstream public. Gel (it could also be cream--but it'd be a different texture) eyeliners generally come in a pot with an angled brush or a fine tip brush. The brush is used to apply the product. Generally, to use, you would first scoop (not literally, but you get what I mean, right?) some of the product onto the brush and slowly line your lashline with broken lines. It's impossible to ever be able to draw a perfect line in one , even with a pencil liner. With all liners, draws dashed lines first and then connect them at the end.

Pros:

*can easily control the amount of product used

*glides easily onto lids

*creates smooth, thin line

*does not smudge as easily as pencil (lasts longer--no raccoon eyes)

Cons:

*harder to control application of product

*since it glides very easily, you will have to have a slightly steady hand (the liner is a lot more creamy than pencil)

*is not as portable as a pencil eyeliner

 

Liquid Eyeliner: Liquid eyeliner is the most difficult to apply. The liner is bold and slick, making it harder to fix. The liner usually comes as a tube with a brush at the end, which will dispense the product. Some say the liner is almost like a marker. To choose the right liquid liner, you should look at its formula and tip. Some people prefer thicker tips and some prefer finer tips. To use, you would start at the middle of the eye, directly above the upper lashes (stay close to the lash line), and slowly brush across the lashline until you reach the front inner corner of your eye. Start again at the middle and continue out to the other end of your eye. Remember, make broken lines first, and then connect them at the end.

Pros:

*makes a very thin, smooth, dark line

*great for dramatic looks

*hardly smudges, lasts for a long time

*great for smaller eyes since the line won't be too thick and overwhelming

Cons:

*very difficult to control application (you must have a very, very steady hand)

*hard to control the amount of product used (sometimes the brush/tip might dispense product unevenly)

 

From,

applecyanide