Clothes: Do's and Don'ts

♕An Ulzzang's Beauty Diary

12 October 2013

10:37 AM EST

Entry #16 Clothes: DO's and DON'TS

Dear Beauty Diary, 

(Hey This is ShirosakiShirayuki! Sorry for not posting something sooner but tbh, I was a bit lazy. Kay, hope you enjoy :))

Why can't I find anything to match? When did my clothes look so ugly? Well kind sir or ma'am, you've come to the right place.

Let's start off with the Do's and Don'ts before we find what to pair with what, shall we?

Do's and Don'ts: These are just a few tips I find important; there are millions more, but I'll just do these for now.

 



 

Clothing Don'ts:

I know some people may enjoy putting jeans under knee length dresses, but please, you don't want to do that, esp. with flowery dresses. However, if you're paronoid about you hairy legs or you think you need to cover then up, then feel free to wear tights or stockings. SInce black is a figureless color, you'll look skinny and stylish at the same time.

     or      

    When to wear black jeans and when to wear blue jeans? Tbh, they both work, it's just your opinion. Just try not to wear a blue top with blue or black jeans. Instead, opt for a lighter color; the best would probably be white jeans. As I said previously, if you want to look skinnier, wear black jeans.

What I'm trying to get at is the fact he sorta looks like a blue blob.

 



 

Clothing Do's:

- If you're generally a lazy person, get a long cardigan, tanktop, and jeans. Put on some boots, and you're done! Trust me, no matter your body shape, EVERYONE looks good in a cardigan. 

- This is just a personal thing, but some girls these days wear really tight short tops or wear a bra in a see through shirt. Do you like the way they make you look? If you're one of them, you look beautiful the way you are, don't let everyone see your body. I really like the see through shirts too, but I always wear a tank top inside instead of wearing a bra. It makes you look more decent.

(I'm not putting up a picture, you know what I'm talking about)

- Leather: Don't think I'm or anything, but I think leather looks great. :) You can virtually pair that with anything- leather boots, jackets, pants... You don't look fat, and there are stretchy ones out there too. They also last a long time.

- Harem Pants: Let me tell you, THEY ARE THE RAVE (yes, I used the word rave)!No matter what kpop group you like, Harem pants are a yes! The popular group Exo, in their mama album, wore harem pants- and they were the yummiest guys around. Taemin from Shinee also was seen sporting harem pants. Wearing them, you're basically shouting: "Look at me, I'm FABULOUS~"

- Oversized sweaters, especially ones with a pattern, can make you look especially cute. BUT NOT Y. So if you're looking for the cute look, pick this. With oversized sweaters, you can wear a cute hat:

- If you want the sophisticated look, wear a cardigan or a knee length dress. 

- Mini skits look great with cardigans too, just don't go to a too windy area :)



Clothes are a huge part of your look, they reveal more than you can imagine- your personality, style, and even how you live life! Make a good habit of choosing the right clothes for the right situation, and you'll do great!

I think I'll write a sequel to this topic: Clothes....maybe accessories? 

Anyway, if you're interested, I can tell you my morning routine, not just my thought process on picking out clothes... so, if you have any concerns or want any more tips, address me in the comments below, thanks:)

 

With love, 

Shirosaki Shirayuki