Everything about Eyes

♕An Ulzzang's Beauty Diary

28 November 2013

2:24 PM EST

Entry #18 MAKEUP: Everything about Eyes

 

Dear Beauty Diary,

                                      As someone who has relatively small eyes, eye makeup is a must for me, especially for those special occasions. And with the holidays coming up, I will have to be slathering on so much eye makeup constantly. However, eye makeup is extremely hard to put on. Mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow...are there any tips that can make eye makeup application so much easier?

Hmmm…well, according to my ‘borrowed’ ulzzang beauty diary, there might be. ;D

 

1. Eyeshadow

Matching your eyeshadow to your eye color sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't work like you’d think. Eye color can get lost and muted when put next to a similar shade. Go for contrast instead.

 

• Dark eyes look good in grays, blues, purples, and greens.

 

• Light eyes look good in brown, taupe, and bronze shades

 

Deep Set eyes

Rely on pale, shimmery shades to enhance your eyes. Sweep a light shade across lid from the inner corner to a just beyond the outer corner.

Wide Set eyes

Create closeness applying a deep shadow shade from the inner corner to mid-lid. Then apply a lighter shade from mid-lid to outer corner and blend where shades meet.

Close Set eyes

Help them appear wider by applying a pale shade from the inner corner to mid-lid. Then apply a slightly deeper shade from mid-lid to outer corner and blend where shades meet.

Glass Wearers

Forget about adding more color with shadows. Instead play up lashes with an inky black mascara.

Take time to shape and define your eyebrows—remember, brows should frame your eyes, not your frames.

Asian eyes

To bring out their beauty, create a thick, smoky line along top lashes—thick enough to be seen when your eye is open—and a thinner one under bottom lashes.

 

2. Eyeliner (Technique 1) ━ Smooth Gel Eyeliner

Step 1 Dab some gel formula onto the top of your hand, add a small amount of your favorite liquid formula, and mix mix mix! This trick will make your eyeliner super smooth.

Step 2 Take your eyeliner brush and dip the tip into the formula (make sure both sides of the brush are covered evenly with no bumps).

Step 3 Start lining the inner side of your eyelid at the outer corner and continue inwards towards the middle of your eyelid.

Step 4 Now, starting from your inner corners, do the same and draw a line to the middle of your eyelid.

Step 5 Join the two lines in the middle by connecting them with a solid line. Dab into your gel eyeliner once more if needed and go over any parts that you may have missed.

 

3. Eyeliner (Technique 2)

Step 1 Start with drawing a line with your brush at the outer corner of your eyes. Draw a line of your desired thickness.

Step 2 Skip to the middle and draw the same line.

Step 3 Skip again to the inner corner of your eyes and draw another identical line.

Step 4 Fill in the two gaps evenly.

 

4. Mascara

Step 1 Start at the bottom of the lashes and zig-zag the wand from left to right. Applying the mascara close to the roots━not the tips━will give a better illusion of length and volume.

Step 2 Pull the wand up and through lashes, wiggling as you go.

Step 3 Close your eyes and place the mascara wand on top of the lashes at the base and pull through to remove any lumps.

Step 4 Use a small brush to go over each lash individually for desired volume and length.

 

That's all for now, dears.

See ya next time!

 

AND HAPPY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday.

May everyone be happy with your friends, family, and loved ones.

Today is the day to express love, gratitude, and appreciation.

Be sure to let those around you know that you care for them!

Be thankful and humble!

May your lives be happy and beautiful!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

 

From,

applecyanide.