Despair in a Distance.

Your The Only One I See

 

“Uh, our seats are…”, Key hesitated looked up at the rim of the seat, “Ahaaa! Here!”
 
“Uhm, Jjong, Onew and I are here. And  Minho and Taemin, are here!”
 
“Okay!”, Jonghyun said.
 
After a couple of hours, the young half of them they slowly fell asleep. Onew and Key were wide awake.
 
“Key hyung…”, onew began in a whisper.
 
“eh?”
 
“I haven’t forgiven you…”, Onew stated. Key quickly frowned.
 
“Why? Taemin forgave me…”, key responded, confused.
 
“Anyi, about Eunhee. I loved her first.”, key already knew this.
 
“Mihaenaeyo”, he said even though he didnt truly didn’t mean it.
 
“Don't be, I know how you guys were. I was just always jealous. And I think you should know that, hyung”
 
“Wae?”, key questioned.
 
“I don’t know… I just thought that you need to know that you weren’t the only one that missed her. And your not alone?”, he began to think that what he was saying was nonsense,” Aigoo. Just go to sleep.”
 
“Neh, same to you, dongsaeng.”, and they fell fast asleep as the plane slowly got closer to their destination.
 
-
 
 
“Uhm its on the next street…”, Key tried to point out to the yellow cap driver. His English was excellent compared to the others.
 
“Okay! Just wear your seatbelt!”, the American answere, "Tchh", He muttered.
 
When they stopped at a modern looking building. The walls were colored in a solive metalic silver. This was an art studio they looked all around. They all began to focus on the door..
 
There was a dirty laminated piece of paper written on it.
Key tore if off the door and realized that if they had some a day later, the tape would have lost hope in holding this letter.
 
It read:
 
“Hi there. Welcome to Eun's Art Center. There is only one reason that this place still stands.
Are you Shinee? If not, it woul be nice if you left. The mortage is fully paid for, and there is not reason for you to be on this private property. Sorry to sound rude, if at all. But this place is only here for them. If your are Shinee...
 
[[Then it turned into Korean:]]
 
Shinee-ah. Anyong. I'm so glad that you can read this. But im also upset that you have to read this. But atleast my last efforts wont be for nothing. There is a box somewhere around here for you guys. Can you answer this riddle?
 
“Do you see Key’s favorite toy?”
 
They all instantly knew the answer to that. They looked around for a camera. Their eyes lay on a security camera. Jonghyun reached for a string dangling down from it. Down with is came a piece of paper.
 
It read:
 
Shinee, if you ever have to read this… is means I've passed. It said in big and terrifying letters. I know how you boys think, and this isn't a joke. I'm sorry. And I love you guys. Please, please follow instructions. 
 
Under it, it said in smaller letters: Call this number. -_---_---_---- 
 
At that Jonghyun, collapsed on the floor. Key sprinted for the letter that began to fall of Jjong's hand, as Minho and Onew helped Jonghyun up. Jonghyun had tears streaming down his cheeks already.
 
“Nooonna!”, he yelled into the empty air. 
 
Then the others took the letter from Key’s hands. Key shaked. His whole body trembled from the Santa Ana winds, blowing the approaching winds towards his pale face. His first love is dead. He didn’t even cry. He began laughing. He quickly went into hysterics. He rolled all over the wet dirt like a dog, laughing hard.
 
“Hyung!”, Taemin ran up to him. And tried to lift him up.
 
“She's......! ....Dead! Guys! We....", He took in a break of air, "! Wasted! Money! Wooooooo!”, he yelled like a drunk man.
 
“…Key-ah…”, Onew ran over to him, and began patting his back. Trying to calm him down. “Keeeeeeeeeee---yyyyyyyy”, he cried with him.
 
“I should just… die with her! Hah!”, Key screamed.
 
“Anyi…”, Onew cried, “Lets just strong for her.”
 
Taemin finally got the letter he read it over and over again. But it wouldn’t hit him. He was horrified by the words, but it didn’t seem real.
 
“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaa, do you hear us? Why did you have to go?!”, Taemin cried as he ran his fist into a pole, He let out a frustrated whimper as his knuckles became numb bruised into a painful blueish-purple.
 
-
 
Hours later, they were just sitting on the steps of the art studio, letting their eyes dry up and begin to poof. Then Onew broke the silence and decided to call the number.
 
“Hello, This is Marie Kim at the Los Angeles Forest Lawn, How may I help you?”
 
“Hello this is Onew… we received a letter with your number on it…”, he struggled to speak in English. Then he realized that her name was Korean, “May I ask, are you korean?”
 
“Yes. I'm going to guess that your from Shinee?”
 
“Oh…”, he said surprised, “Ye…”
 
“Anyonghasaeyo!!”, she said began to speak in Korean.”EunHee was a friend dear to me, and this was a favor that she asked of me…
I'm sure she’s very happy now. She didn’t think that you guys would ever call.”, As she spoke, Onew felt a rush of guilt. Why didn’t we come any earlier?
 
Onew was silent in thought. Marie was curious
 
“Hello? Onew?”
 
“Oh. Uh. Yeah. Hi. Sorry.”
 
“it's okay. How are you guys holding up?”, she asked her face began swelling as she remembered her friend’s death.
 
“We’re not so good…”
 
“Is it Key?”, she asked.
 
“How did y-”
 
She cut him off, “Best American friend right here! Hello!”
 
“Ahhh, I forgot. It's hard to imagine Eunhee with other friends than us.”, Onew stuttered, trying to cover up his pain.
 
“Anyway. Do you need a taxi for you guys to get here? I can only stay here a couple more hours… because I'm a intern! Still a student! Ooh, then you guys can come to my place tell me about Eunhee in gradeschool!”
 
“Oh… uh. Okay. We’re at her art studio…”
 
“Oh. Okay! I’ll have a cab there in no time. Cheer up. She wouldn’t want you sad…”
 
“Neeeh, kamsahaminda!” He said as she hung up. He looked around for the rest of them but key and taemin weren’t there.
 
He slid his phone open, showing his qwerty keyboard. He texted Taemin:
 
where are you guys? I didn’t get to see you and key go anywhere. jjong is asleep on the pole and Minho is stoned. Come back. I have news.
 
Taemin Replied:
 
OK I’ll be right there, Key hyung threw up…
 
He looked around the corner and took out his handkerchief.
 
They Taemin and Key entered his sight range, he explained it all and they got Jjong and Minho back to their senses.
 
They walked into the cab; sorrowful and soaked, ready to listen to what a total stranger knew about their best friend.