Someone Else

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Present Day

The second Sehun puts down his phone, Chanyeol comes rushing in his office, looking comfortably casual in his untucked black dress shirt and tight denim jeans. Although Sehun initially disapproves of Chanyeol's relaxed style around the office, it no longer bothers him because he's gotten so used to it.

 

And something else he's gotten used to is Chanyeol's persistence in making sure he treats their employees to dinner at the end of every month.

 

“Are you ready, Mr. Oh?” Chanyeol asks with an impish grin as he plops down on the chair in front of Sehun's desk.

 

Sehun quirks his eyebrow. “Why do you always look excited before we go out to eat? Does Baekhyun not feed you enough at home?”

 

“He feeds me plenty,” Chanyeol counters with slight indignation in his tone.

 

Sehun stares at Chanyeol for a second, secretly admiring his friend for standing up for his lover even when Baekhyun sent him to work today with nothing but a free sandwich coupon for the nearest deli.

 

Able to read Sehun's thoughts, Chanyeol sits up straight and clears his throat. “There's nothing wrong with sandwich coupons. I still get to eat.”

 

A small smile graces Sehun's sharp features. “I guess you're right.”

 

“Food is tastier when it's free,” Chanyeol continues, his eyes daring Sehun to disagree.

 

Sehun nods. “Definitely.”

 

“Store bought food is not that far behind from homemade food. It's good too,” states Chanyeol as he spots Sehun's lunch box on top of the file cabinet – the lunch box that Luhan prepares everyday for Sehun.

 

Sehun grins, aware of how lucky he is. “I'm sure.”

 

Chanyeol groans, defeated. “Fine! Lunch wasn't enough for me. I'm absolutely starving, so let's go eat now! And would it kill you to share your lunch sometime, Sehun? You had sweet and sour pork with stir-fried noodles today!”

 

Standing up, Sehun asks, “Would you share your lunch coupons?”

 

Chanyeol looks scandalized. “No way.”

 

“There you go.”

 

Chanyeol stands up and shakes his head. “It's because Baekhyun only gives me one!”

 

Sehun chuckles. “I know.”

 

“Then why are you asking?!”

 

Sehun shrugs. “For entertainment?”

 

Chanyeol narrows his eyes into slits. “Aren't you the perfect Satan.”

 

Sehun sighs at the nickname, one that Chanyeol coined for him since law school. “You need to stop calling me that,” he says, putting his phone in his pocket.

 

“It suits you,” Chanyeol argues. He sticks his tongue out, and Sehun wonders briefly how someone his age can still do something so childish.

 

He opens his mouth to retort, but stops when there's a knock on the door. “Come in.”

 

Their secretary enters, holding a slip of paper. “I'm sorry to bother, but Ms. Da left a message saying she wants you to contact her via a new number.”

 

“Oh. Put it in my coat pocket,” instructs Sehun as he steps out from behind his desk. “I'll make sure to call her tomorrow.”

 

“Yes,” she says as she walks over to the black wool coat on the hanger and slips in the note with the number before leaving.

 

“Are you going to work tomorrow?” Chanyeol asks with his eyebrow raised.

 

“No,” Sehun says. “Of course not. Knowing you, I'll probably be suffering from a hangover for the first half of tomorrow.”

 

“But –”

 

“But I can still give our client a courtesy call.”

 

Chanyeol grins. “Always looking out for our clients. This is why you're my partner, Oh Satan.”

 

“If you call me that in front of our team during dinner, I will gladly strangle you,” he threatens.

 

“Maybe you should save your desire to strangle me for some other day,” Chanyeol replies nonchalantly.

 

Sehun walks over to his coat and puts it on. “Why is that?”

 

“Because you'll be too busy having fun.” Chanyeol gives him a greasy wink, and adds, “It's not just another simple company dinner, we're also celebrating Ryu Won's birthday. You didn't forget, right?”

 

“No, I didn't.”

 

Chanyeol walks over and puts his arm around Sehun's shoulders. “Well, be prepared to drink the night away.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “You know we can't stay out too late.”

 

“Of course,” Chanyeol says, flashing Sehun his wedding ring – an important reminder as to why they can't stay out till dawn like they would during their college years.

 

“Promise me you won't do something stupid,” says Sehun as they walk out of his office.

 

“Are you worried about getting in trouble with Luhan?” Chanyeol asks, slightly teasing.

 

Sehun scoffs. “I'm more worried you would get in trouble with Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol laughs. “Sehun, we'll be fine.”

 

*******

It's almost 4 AM, and instead of being in bed, Luhan is downstairs pacing in his living room.

 

He tries convincing himself that everything is fine, that Sehun is fine, but disturbing thoughts continue to smother him, threatening to overwhelm him. Thoughts that made it hard for him to stay still, let alone sleep peacefully.

 

Luhan stops and clenches his cellphone. He's been calling Sehun repeatedly, but his husband would not pick up. Normally, when Sehun doesn't answer his call immediately, Luhan would get upset, but right now, he's past that. He's worried.

 

And to make matters worse, he finds out that Baekhyun is experiencing the same thing. Chanyeol is also not answering his calls.

 

But unlike Baekhyun, who sounded absolutely hysterical on the phone, Luhan is still put together, composed. He hasn't broken down, not yet at least, but with each passing second, he could feel himself slowly losing it.

 

Is Sehun alright?

 

Where was Sehun?

 

Why hasn't he called?

 

What happened to the dinner that usually ended before midnight?

 

Did something happened?

 

Is Sehun hur –

 

Luhan shakes his head. No. He takes a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. Luhan told himself that he's not going to go there. Sehun is fine. Sehun is fine. He repeats it like a mantra. Sehun is fine. Sehun –

 

The doorbell rings and Luhan makes a run for the door, heart beating frantically, threatening to burst. Please let it be Sehun.

 

He opens the door, and relief hits him hard when he sees Sehun on the other side, slightly swaying.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan pulls Sehun in for a rough hug, eyes welling up at the fact that Sehun's home and in one piece. “Thank goodness,” he whispers.

 

Sehun hugs him back. “Morning babe,” he slurs, causing Luhan to realize for the first time that Sehun's completely wasted.

 

Luhan pulls back and cups Sehun's face, which was red and felt entirely too hot against his fingers. “Do you know how worried I was?!”

 

Sehun blinks. Suddenly, he leans forward, the tip of his nose touching Luhan's own. “Do you know how cute you look when you're angry?” he asks before pecking Luhan on the lips.

 

Luhan frowns. Sehun tastes like soju.

 

Deciding that he'll reprimand Sehun later for coming home drunk, Luhan puts an arm around Sehun to help him inside. Sehun, however, shakes his head, refusing Luhan's help, and gestures toward their driveway.

 

“Babe, you should pay the taxi driver first,” Sehun says matter-of-factly.

 

Luhan's eyes widen. “What?!” He looks to where Sehun's pointing, and sure enough, there's a taxi parked in their driveway.

 

He groans, and despite his intense urge to scold Sehun right now, Luhan helps Sehun into the house first. “I'll deal with you later,” he warns before grabbing his wallet and running out to pay the driver.

 

After apologizing to the driver, Luhan makes his way back to the house. He finds Sehun sitting on the floor in the living room, his head drooping.

 

All thoughts of yelling at Sehun quickly disappear as Luhan got on his knees in front of Sehun. “Are you okay?” he asks gently, fingers caressing Sehun's face.

 

Sehun smiles. “I'm great,” he says, pulling Luhan into his lap. “My head's spinning, and I think I might throw up, but otherwise, I'm good.”

 

“Why didn't you answer your phone? I called you so many times.”

 

Sehun digs into his pocket and brings out his phone. He turns it on and chuckles lightly. “Oops. I had it on silent.” Sehun taps his phone screen a few times. “There. It's no longer silent. You can call me now,” he says as he grins at Luhan.

 

Luhan sighs. “Let's get you to bed.” Standing up, Luhan offers his hand.

 

Sehun looks at it for a brief moment before he turns his attention to Luhan. “I'm in big trouble, aren't I?”

 

“At least you know that.”

 

Sehun nods. He takes Luhan's hand and pulls himself up. “What if I tell you that I love you very much? Would that get me out of trouble?” he asks cheekily as he wraps his arms around Luhan's waist.

 

Although Luhan's fully aware of how Sehun is when he's drunk, he couldn't help but be surprised each time Sehun says or does something remotely cute.

 

Ignoring his fluttering heart, Luhan replies with a firm, “No.”

 

Sehun leans in and kisses him on the cheek. “What if I kiss you here?”

 

Luhan shakes his head. “No, Sehun.”

 

“Okay. What about here?” Sehun kisses Luhan's nose.

 

Before Luhan could say no, Sehun proceeds to cover every inch of his face with sweet kisses.

 

“Sehunnn,” Luhan moans when Sehun's mouth starts exploring his lower jaw and then his neck and – “Sehun!”

 

Undeterred by Luhan's gasps and mild protests, Sehun continues to tenderly kiss and the sensitive spot on Luhan's neck.

 

Luhan could feel his resolve slowly crumbling with each kiss. He's always been weak for Sehun and his kisses.

 

And luckily for Sehun, it doesn't take much to have Luhan finally under him, pressed into the cushions of their couch, wanting more.

 

“I love you so much,” Sehun whispers into Luhan's soft skin. He wants to thank Luhan also for letting him press countless I love you's into his lips, but decides not to, afraid of ruining the moment.

 

When Luhan starts kissing him back, almost eagerly, Sehun smiles and pulls away. Luhan watches him curiously. With his eyes fixated on Luhan, Sehun takes off his coat, unaware of the slip of paper that fell out in the process.

 

Unfortunately, Luhan doesn't miss this, and he sits up. Sehun stops trying to take off his shirt and frowns.

 

Picking up the note, Luhan's heart immediately drops. There's a name and a number written on the note, and Luhan recognizes neither.

 

“Da Hye?” Luhan reads. He stares into Sehun's eyes. “Who's Da Hye?”

 

Sehun blinks. “Da Hye?”

 

“Yes. Da Hye.” Luhan shows Sehun the name written on the note.

 

Staring at the note, Sehun scratches his head. “Uh..I don't know? Maybe you should ask again tomorrow when my head isn't –” Sehun stops talking when he notices Luhan's eyes have darken considerably.

 

Without another word, Luhan walks out of the room, leaving Sehun alone to think about what just happened.

 

Sehun picks up the note that Luhan dropped and stares at it, forcing himself to try to remember why he had this person's number in the first place. When he couldn't, Sehun drags his body upstairs.

 

And although he's not ready to face the silent treatment Luhan will no doubt give him, not at all, he's too tired to think of anything else. He can only hope that by tomorrow, his headache would clear and he would be able to explain himself to Luhan.

 

He has to.

 

After crawling into bed next to Luhan, Sehun falls asleep immediately. Luhan, on the other hand, isn't so lucky.

 

*******

With his head pounding, Sehun opens his eyes and immediately squeezes them shut when the blazing sun rays hit his face.

 

“Luhannn,” he moans out of instinct. “Luhannn.”

 

When no reply comes, Sehun opens his eyes. “Babe?” With his skull feeling as though it's split in half, Sehun slowly sits up and looks around.

 

All he could process is that Luhan's not here.

 

Not willing to stay in bed without knowing where Luhan is, Sehun gets up and makes his way downstairs.

 

“Babe?” he calls out before entering the empty kitchen. He's about to leave when he spots something in the middle of the kitchen table.

 

Besides a bowl of soup, a glass of water, and a bottle of aspirin, Luhan left him a note that simply read, For your hangover.

 

Sehun's heart squeezes at the sight of his husband's handwriting.

 

If he didn't know it before, he knows it now. Luhan is definitely mad at him.

 

And Sehun couldn't blame him because if he remembers correctly, he came home late. Really late. Not to mention he was beyond wasted.

 

Sehun groans as the images of what happened at the dinner party flash through his mind.

 

“This is bad,” he mumbles to himself.

 

Before he could decide on what to do, his phone rings, and Sehun leaves to search for it.

 

He finds it on the sofa, next to his coat. “Hello?”

 

“We're screwed,” says Chanyeol solemnly.

 

Sehun sighs and plops down on the sofa. “You think?” he asks, voice dripping with sarcasm. “Chanyeol, we came home in the morning. Anybody with a brain could tell how screwed we are.”

 

Chanyeol moans miserably on the other line.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter