Fascinated By You

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Present Day

Chanyeol grins at the sight of a shabby looking Sehun rushing out of the elevator, tie in one hand and an ped briefcase in the other.

 

“Nice of you to show up,” Chanyeol teases as Sehun acknowledges their secretary.

 

Sehun ignores him and takes the messages the secretary had taken while he was absent. He scans through them and makes a mental note to call his clients in the order the messages were received. He walks past Chanyeol, who's still looking far too amused for a lawyer who is supposed to lead an important staff meeting in less than three minutes.

 

Sehun puts his briefcase on his desk, and throws his tie on his chair, having no need for it at the moment. He senses Chanyeol entering his office, and he could already hear the questions threatening to spill from Chanyeol's lips. Now these are questions Chanyeol should know the answers to without Sehun's help, but being the type of person Chanyeol is, he goes ahead and asks anyway. Teasing Sehun has always given Chanyeol something entertaining to do at the office.

 

“So what is it this time?” Chanyeol asks, making himself comfortable on one of the leather armchairs Sehun has in his office.

 

“Lu wasn't feeling so good this morning,” Sehun replies as he takes out various files from his briefcase. “He had a pretty bad fever, and I couldn't leave him until Yixing got to the house, which took forever because he drives slower than my grandma.”

 

Chanyeol nods, knowing from personal experience. “Is that the only reason why you missed half the day?” he asks, eyes studying Sehun intently.

 

“I may have stayed longer than necessary,” Sehun says with a shrug.

 

“And why is that?” Chanyeol asks, lips already twisting into a smirk.

 

“Because I wanted to make sure he was fine before I left,” Sehun half-mumbles.

 

Chanyeol coughs. “Whipped.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Shouldn't you be getting ready for the staff meeting?”

 

“No, I'm good,” Chanyeol replies cheekily. He stands up and stuffs his hands into his pockets. “But you know, Sehun, I think it's amazing that you would miss work just because --”

 

“Luhan comes first,” Sehun says immediately, cutting Chanyeol off.

 

Chanyeol smiles. “The world knows that, but don't you think you're being a bit too protective?”

 

“No,” Sehun says flatly.

 

“Baek called me and told me it's just the common cold. A fever, runny nose, and a bit of coughing here and there, but nothing too serious. Luhan will be fine.”

 

“Well, I don't like leaving his side whenever he gets sick, so consider it a miracle that I'm even here.”

 

Chanyeol frowns. “But if you do things like this, what does that make me?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I came to work when Baek had the flu. Heck, I was even early!”

 

“Are you forgetting the fact that you only came to work because he didn't want you to take care of him,” Sehun deadpans. “He threw pillows at you and told you to get your flat to the office and make money. He even threatened to vomit all over you.”

 

Chanyeol gasps. “Who told you?”

 

Sehun raises an eyebrow. “You do know who I'm married to, right?”

 

Chanyeol sighs. “They tell each other everything, don't they?”

 

“Everything,” Sehun emphasizes.

 

“I wish I knew this before I asked him to marry me,” Chanyeol says while shaking his head.

 

“Who are you kidding? You would still marry Baek,” Sehun states with a small smile.

 

Chanyeol takes his hands out of his pockets and nods enthusiastically. “Yeah. In a heartbeat.”

 

Sehun looks at his friend for a second. Moments like this make Sehun realize that Chanyeol and him have a lot in common. They may be opposites when it comes to personality and work ethics, but how they feel towards their love ones, how devoted they are to their significant other, is something they share since the beginning.

 

Chanyeol's about to say something when the door opens, revealing their secretary who told them that the meeting is starting soon.

 

Sehun grabs his papers and just when he's about to check his phone, Chanyeol says, “Don't be checking your phone every two minutes, Sehun. He'll call if something's wrong.”

 

Deciding that Chanyeol has a point, Sehun leaves his phone in his pocket and makes his way out of his office.

 

“You're dying inside, aren't you?” Chanyeol asks in a whisper as they walk towards the main conference room.

 

“Shut up,” Sehun hisses.

 

“You're so mean when you're worried,” Chanyeol notes with a low chuckle.

 

Sehun wants nothing more than to smack Chanyeol with his stack of papers, but since they've arrived in the room with their staff eagerly waiting for them, he decides to spare his partner.

 

“Afternoon everyone,” Sehun greets with a smile, and the staff responds with a booming, “Afternoon sir! ”

 

“Heyyy guys,” Chanyeol greets with an enthusiastic wave and a toothy smile, and like always, the staff had no idea how to properly respond to that.

 

Chanyeol leans over to whisper into Sehun's ear, “Tough crowd.”

 

Sehun's smile grows wider as he tries not to laugh at Chanyeol. “Let's begin.”

 

Thirty minutes later, the meeting ends with everyone having a solid idea of what their goals were for today. After Chanyeol dismisses the team, Sehun takes out his phone (out of habit) and checks if he has any messages. Sehun frowns. He has a few, but they weren't from the person he needed to hear from.

 

“No message from Luhan?” Chanyeol asks after their secretary has left.

 

Sehun shakes his head and grabs his papers. “I guess he's asleep.”

 

“Yeah, as he should,” Chanyeol says with a smile before turning to leave the room.

 

Sehun spends the rest of the afternoon working as diligently as he could considering the circumstances. He checks his phone often, and even though Chanyeol catches him, he doesn't say anything. Sehun appreciates it.

 

Just when he got off the phone with a new client, Chanyeol enters his office, expression suspicious. “What are your plans for lunch?” he asks.

 

Sehun shrugs. “I guess I could go to that Italian place down the street.”

 

Chanyeol quirks his eyebrow. “Really?”

 

Sehun knows he's caught.“Fine. I'm going home for a few minutes,” he admits, fingers twiddling with his car keys.

 

Chanyeol claps his hands in a somewhat exaggerated manner. “Honesty is the best policy,” Chanyeol states.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes, but nonetheless he stands up and walks over to Chanyeol. “You can eat lunch with Joon.”

 

Chanyeol snorts. “No thanks. I did that last time, and I ended up paying for everything.”

 

Sehun smiles, and when Chanyeol sees this, he shakes his head, crooked smile intact. “Your mind is filled with Luhan, isn't it? You're already looking forward to seeing him.”

 

“Is it that obvious?” Sehun asks with pride in his eyes.

 

Chanyeol chuckles. “Yes. I swear whenever he's sick, you're so much more aloof. Bet you didn't even notice the female staff.”

 

“What about them?”

 

“They got all pretty and dressed up for today. Apparently, some hot big shot supermodel is coming today – or as they like to call him, the Greek god that can crush a thousand hearts,” Chanyeol explains.

 

“Really?”

 

Chanyeol nods. “He's here because of a contract dispute. Jin hyung has his case.”

 

Sehun detects a hint of envy in Chanyeol's tone. “You want to meet him?”

 

Chanyeol rubs the back of his neck. “Kinda want to see what all the hype is about..”

 

Sehun laughs. “Why? You can just look up his pictures online.”

 

“Because Baek is a huge fan,” Chanyeol says with a sigh.

 

“Ah.”

 

“Yeah. I purposely didn't tell him about the guy coming because knowing Baek, he'll be all over him.”

 

“Only for a little while.” Sehun pats Chanyeol on the back. “In the end, he'll come back to you.”

 

“Because he loves me right?”

 

“No, because he needs someone to take a picture of him and his Greek god,” Sehun jokes.

 

“Yah!”

 

Sehun checks his watch. He has thirty minutes left before his lunch break ends. “Hey, Yeol, I gotta go.”

 

“Yeah. Yeah. Leave me with the super hormonal staff.”

 

“Sorry. I'll buy you lunch next time,” Sehun promises as he runs out of his office, excitement already rushing through his veins.

 

He hears Ch

Please log in to read the full chapter