Make Love To Me

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Present Day

Sundays, in Sehun's opinion, are severely overlooked in terms of being considered the best day of the week. Most people go for Saturday, which Sehun understands because he too enjoys the beginning of the weekend, however, the relaxing aura of Sunday happens to be just as appealing. And although some people play catch up on Sundays, whether for work or school, Sehun likes to spend it doing nothing in particular but still definitely worthwhile with the only person he wants to spend every day with.

 

In fact, the main reason Sehun enjoys Sundays so much is because he's in bed with Luhan for most of the day – only leaving the warmth of their bed to use the bathroom or to grab a bite to eat downstairs. Now it goes without saying what they do underneath the covers, but aside from the obvious, Sehun loves their Sundays together because it's the one day out of the week where they get to just be wrapped up in each other's presence.

 

Lying on their sides, Sehun and Luhan would face each other, their noses only a few inches apart, and with a warm smile on each of their lips, they would gaze into each other's eyes and, for a few silent seconds, just simply admire the person behind those eyes. They're probably thinking the same thing – probably thanking their lucky stars that they had another day with the person in front of them.

 

Eventually the silent moment, which Sehun jokingly refers to as the 'Stare Down of Love' (a phrase Luhan considers embarrassing and refuses to use), is replaced with comfortable casual conversations. They talk about everything – from what they are going to do with the backyard to where they want to go for vacation to which movie they'll watch later. Luhan likes to refer to their Sunday conversations as 'Slow Down Talks' because they can calmly discuss anything and everything without the pressure of work and that annoying thing called time hanging over their shoulders, and honestly, Sehun loves Luhan too much to tell him that the name is just as silly as the 'Stare Down of Love'.

 

And sooner or later, one of them, doesn't matter who, would move a little closer, and this always result in the other person taking advantage of the proximity and leaning in for a kiss. The kiss is sweet and innocent at first, but one small noise from Luhan, whether it's a needy whimper or a cute moan, would trigger the beast inside of Sehun and innocence goes out the window to be replaced by another round of passionate love making.

 

Sehun loves Sundays, and he has a feeling Luhan shares the sentiment.

 

 

 

It's Sunday once again and instead of being in bed, Sehun's sitting on the couch in the living room supposedly watching a movie, but to be honest, he's not really paying attention. His eyes are darting back and forth from the television screen to the front door and occasionally, he's checking the clock on the wall. Sehun is not even sure when Luhan was supposed to be back since he left this morning after a call from his publisher, but he's still sitting in anticipation of when Luhan would walk through the front door.

 

Sehun's starting to realize that he's been waiting a lot lately. Ever since Luhan had signed a deal to write a cookbook, which has been a dream of his since he was younger, he's been incredibly busy. During the weekdays, he's at the restaurant and on the weekends, he's meeting with his editors, and in between all of that, he's taking care of the catering business with Baekhyun while still fulfilling his role as Sehun's significant other. It's amazing that Luhan still has energy to do everything, and he does it with such a huge smile on his face, Sehun wonders if he's even human.

 

Caught in his thoughts, Sehun doesn't catch the sound of the door opening and closing.

 

“Why are you shirtless?” Luhan questions, his tone amused.

 

Sehun looks away from the screen and for the first time since Luhan left, he smiles. “What do you mean?” He looks down his chiseled chest and then back at Luhan, his smile transforming to a grin. “This has always been my Sunday attire.”

 

“I know,” Luhan says as he plops down next to Sehun. He eyes Sehun's toned abs. “But that's when we're in bed. I didn't think you would walk around the house shirtless in the middle of November. Are you not cold?”

 

“The heater's on,” Sehun says simply. He places an arm around Luhan and pulls him close to his side, well aware that Luhan's slightly lustful eyes have traveled down to the drawstrings of his pajama pants. “If you really like what you see, you can just say so. There's no need to beat around the bush, Lu.” He nuzzles Luhan's honey blonde hair before whispering, “Also, if you want to touch, you can.”

 

Luhan scoffs but doesn't pull away. “I leave for a few hours and come home to a cheeseball as a husband,” he says as he snuggles into Sehun's shoulder.

 

Sehun laughs. “A cheeseball who loves you to the moon and back.”

 

Luhan looks up at him. “Is that so?”

 

“A cheeseball wouldn't lie,” says Sehun as he leans in to kiss Luhan's waiting lips. He can feel Luhan smiling into the kiss, and that simple gesture makes him unbelievably happy. The things Luhan can do to him.

 

Sehun then moves to pull away, but Luhan quickly shakes his head and latches himself onto Sehun, causing the latter to fall back on the couch.

 

“My very own koala,” Sehun jokes as Luhan kisses his cheek repeatedly. He wraps both arms around Luhan's waist to keep his eager lover on top of him. “Since you're this excited, I'm guessing everything went well at the office?”

 

Luhan nods. “Some of the photos were mixed up, and we spent most of the time sorting them out. Everything's fine now, and they told me that printing should start next week. I can't wait for my book to hit the shelves, Sehun!”

 

“I'm getting my free copy first, correct?”

 

Luhan's smile slips, and he gives Sehun a stern look. “Sehun –”

 

“Did I say free? I meant purchased because I'm definitely buying your book,” interjects Sehun in hopes of salvaging the situation. “Buying it with my own money. Yes. Definitely.”

 

The stern look Luhan had earlier is quickly replaced by one of content, and Sehun exhales. Luhan leans in and whispers, “If you show me the receipt, then maybe I'll give you something special in return.”

 

Sehun finds it adorable whenever Luhan tries to promise him in return for something. He knows Luhan meant for it to sound seductive and enticing, but all it does is put a goofy smile on his face.

 

“Speaking of that,” he starts as he shifts their bodies around, trapping Luhan between the couch and himself. “It's been awhile since we last engaged in special activities.”

 

“Mhm,” Luhan hums, pressing his forehead against Sehun's. “How long has it been?”

 

“Three days,” Sehun answers all too quickly, and Luhan smiles. “I'm estimating,” Sehun adds, in order to save his dignity.

 

“Well, three days sounds about right,” comments Luhan, his eyes gazing innocently into Sehun's own as his fingers trail down Sehun's side. “We should really change that...”

 

“We should.” Sehun gently cups Luhan's face. “And the first step is to get you out of your jacket.”

 

Luhan laughs as Sehun struggles to his jacket in his haste. “I got it,” Luhan finally says as he takes off his jacket and tosses it to the floor.

 

The slightly embarrassing moment reminds Sehun of the past, and he can't help but feel as though they're back to being teenagers spending time alone on Sehun's parents' couch.

 

“You're cute when you're flustered,” Luhan remarks with a grin.

 

“Don't ruin the moment, Lu.”

 

“Right!” Luhan throws his arms around Sehun's shoulders. “What's next?”

 

Sehun sighs. “You're teasing me, aren't you?” Luhan nuzzles his face in reply, and Sehun pretty much got the idea. “Only you,” Sehun mumbles as he presses their lips together.

 

Luhan's hands eventually settle on Sehun's hips, slender fingers digging into his skin when Sehun slides his tongue inside Luhan's mouth. And like clockwork, one of Sehun's hands slips underneath the fuzzy champagne colored sweater Luhan loves so much to caress the baby soft skin he's come to worship. A moan slips through Luhan's lips when Sehun's experienced hand starts traveling up his stomach to his chest and –

 

The doorbell rings.

 

Sehun groans. “Talk about terrible timing,” says Sehun as he makes no effort to get off of Luhan.

 

The person on the other side of the door rings the bell again, and Sehun is tempted to curse out loud at whoever it was.

 

“It probably won't take long,” Luhan assures him as he gently pushes Sehun off. He rushes to the door while fixing his sweater, and before he opens the door, he takes a quick glance at Sehun, who looked like someone had rained on his parade. “Smile, Sehun.”

 

Sehun scowls instead as he stands up. “No.”

 

Luhan opens the door and Kyungsoo immediately steps inside. His cheeks are unusually red, and Sehun couldn't tell if it was from the howling wind or from the red hot anger that seemed to be radiating from his petite body.

 

“Luhan! I need your help!” Kyungsoo all but cries.

 

“Soo, what's wrong?”

 

“I need you to –” Kyungsoo's eyes widen when he finally spots Sehun standing in the middle of the living room. “What happened to your shirt?”

 

“Nothing happened to it,” Sehun answers, crossing his arms to cover some parts of his bare chest. “It's still in my closet.”

 

“Okay... I – never mind – Luhan!” Kyungsoo turns his attention back to Luhan. “I need you to remind me why I married Kim Jongin. What was I thinking?! What could I have possibly found desirable in that man? There's no way I –”

 

“Whoa. Kyungsoo.” Luhan raises his hands to stop his blabbering and slightly hysteric friend from continuing while Sehun watches from the side, looking just as confused as Luhan did. “What are you talking about? What happened between you and Jongin?”

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before he looked Luhan in the eyes, his expression grim. “Jongin and I have been arguing a lot lately – more than usual, that is. This all started when he began coming home later than usual, and sometimes he leaves before I even wake up! Whenever I ask him about it, he gives me shady answers, and I just have this strong feeling he's keeping something from me. At first, I thought, just for a minute, that he could be cheating on me –” Luhan gasps at this, his eyes blown wide in shock. “But then I realized that Jongin wouldn't dare cheat on me,” Kyungsoo continues. “He's smarter than that. He knows he wouldn't make it out alive if he did that to me.”

 

Luhan nods in silent agreement, and Sehun suddenly feels sorry for Jongin, who isn't even here to witness the two best friends talking about his ultimate doom as if they were discussing the weather.

 

“So the next thing I did was confront him on it, and while we were in the middle of arguing, you know what he did?”

 

Luhan shakes his head. “No. What did he do?”

 

“He walked out! He just stopped talking and walked out the door,” Kyungsoo replies, sounding flabbergasted at Jongin's actions. “I thought maybe he needed time apart or personal space, so I waited for him to come back, and when he did, you wouldn't believe what he had in his hands!”

 

“What?” Luhan asks, expression captivated by what Kyungsoo said. Sehun finds it adorable that Luhan seems so invested in Kyungsoo's story.

 

“Fish cake on a stick! Luhan, he went to go get food! In the middle of our argument, he left to go get street food!” Kyungsoo makes a growling noise, and Sehun takes a careful step back just in case. For a brief moment, he thought about snatching Luhan away from Kyungsoo, but he decided not to because he trusts Kyungsoo not to harm Luhan.

 

“How could he?” Kyungsoo half-shrieks. “I just can't believe that he left to go get food! Is our relationship second to food? Am I not important?!”

 

“Maybe he was hungry,” Sehun mutters absentmindedly, which proves to be a huge mistake because both friends turned to stare at him as if he just said the unthinkable. Fully aware that he's outnumbered, Sehun clears his throat and sits back down on the couch, refocusing his attention on the movie. He could have sworn he heard Luhan softly chuckling on the side, but he doesn't want to risk turning around to face Kyungsoo to confirm.

 

“Does Jongin know you're here?” Luhan asks.

 

“No, but there's only two places I could be, so if Jongin was any smart, he should be able to guess where I am.”

 

“I'm sure he'll figure it out,” says Luhan optimistically. For Jongin's sake, Sehun hopes his friend can pull it together and guess correctly. He has a 50/50 chance – not a bad probability at all.

 

“Do you want to wait for him in the kitchen?” Luhan asks as he leads Kyungsoo towards the kitchen. “How about coffee? And while we wait, I'll be happy to remind you why you married Jongin.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffs as he follows Luhan. “I probably married him because he's good looking since he has no sense whatsoever.”

 

Once Luhan and Kyungsoo were out the room, Sehun's able to breathe normally again. He grabs his cell phone from on top the coffee table, but before he could even dial Jongin's number, he receives a call from the man himself.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Is Kyungsoo with you guys?! I'm on my way to your place,” Jongin informs him, voice panicky. “Please tell me he's there. I really don't want to face Yixing. He's a pro at making people feel guilty.”

 

“Yes, Soo is with Lu.”

 

Jongin lets out a huge sigh of relief. “Oh thank God.”

 

“I wouldn't be so relieved if I were you.”

 

“I know. I'm dead meat.”

 

“Dead meat or fish cake on a stick?” Sehun jokes, and Jongin, who doesn't find his joke remotely funny, swears in response.

 

“What is Soo doing?” Jongin asks after running out of expletives.

 

“He's asking Luhan to remind him of why he married you in the first place.”

 

Jongin groans. “That bad?”

 

“Well, who told you to go get fish cakes in the middle of an argument?”

 

“I was hungry! It's hard to focus on winning an argument when your stomach is growling.”

 

Sehun smiles. “I knew it. You have so much to learn, my dear friend.”

 

“Oh please teach me your ways, wise married one,” Jongin sarcastically responds.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes at Jongin's unappreciative tone. “Just think of what you're going to say before you get over here. Don't sound like an idiot.”

 

Jongin scoffs from the other line. “Easier said than done.”

 

“If words don't work, get on your knees. I'm sure Kyungsoo will take pity on you then.”

 

Jongin once again responds with his well-rehearsed sarcasm. “Your advice gives me so much hope.”

 

“Drive safely, Jongin,” Sehun says before hanging up.

 

While Sehun waits for Jongin to arrive to fix the situation his empty stomach had caused, he could hear light-hearted laughs coming from the kitchen. He subconsciously smiles because it sounds as though Luhan is doing a spectacular job at cheering Kyungsoo up.

 

Thankfully, he didn't have to wait long because Jongin's obsessively ringing his doorbell in no time.

 

“No need to break my doorbell,” Sehun states, letting Jongin in.

 

Jongin raises his eyebrows at Sehun's lack of clothing. “Where's your shirt?”

 

“Don't worry about my shirt. Just make up with your little marshmallow so I can enjoy the rest of my Sunday.”

 

“Someone is grouchy without his shirt on. You know –”

 

“Kim Jongin.”

 

Sehun and Jongin both turn to the owner of that irritated voice. “Soo,” says Jongin, his voice suddenly pitchy and placating at the sight of Kyungsoo. If the situation wasn't so serious, Sehun would have laughed at his friend.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo demands, arms crossed and expression dark.

 

“Um. Sehun and I will leave you two alone,” announces Luhan as he motions for Sehun to join him in the kitchen. Sehun doesn't question it as he locks hands with Luhan, following him into the kitchen.

 

“Good idea, Lu,” says Sehun as he pours himself a glass of water. “I thought I was going to suffocate in there. Kyungsoo may be small in size, but wow, I do not want to see him angry. Jongin is a lot braver than I give him credit for. I mean how does –”

 

“Sehun, shhhh.”

 

Sehun turns around and finds Luhan standing near the threshold, his body tense and his posture similar to that of someone who was eavesdropping.

 

“Babe, are you eavesdropping?”

 

“Yes,” Luhan whispers.

 

Sehun almost laughs at Luhan's honesty. “And why are you eavesdropping?”

 

“Because I want to know what they're saying.”

 

Sehun sighs and puts down his glass. “Obviously.”

 

“Shhhhh.”

 

In no shape or form does Sehun condone eavesdropping, but since he has nothing better to do, he decides to join Luhan – though it was more of an excuse to wrap his arms around his lover, back-hugging him as he place his chin atop Luhan's head.

 

“What are they saying?”

 

“Shhhh.”

 

Sehun thinks Luhan takes his snooping business very seriously, and as smitten as he is, he finds it admirable.

 

In an effort to not make it obvious that he's only there to keep Luhan as close to his body as possible (it's a bit chilly in the kitchen), Sehun strains his ears to listen to the conversation happening in his living room.

 

“Were you that hungry that you left in the middle of talking to me to get fish cakes?” Kyungsoo asks, sounding annoyed and a bit disappointed. “Do I not feed you enough?”

 

“You feed me plenty, Soo, but is that really the reason why you're mad at me?” Jongin counters.

 

After a brief silence (of which Sehun could feel Luhan holding his breath), Kyungsoo finally answers, “No. I'm mad at the fact that you're keeping something from me. I don't know what it is, but it can't be that bad. Jongin, tell me it's not bad.”

 

“It's not,” Jongin says. “I promise you it's not.”

 

“Then what is it, Jongin? What won't you tell me about? I thought we had an open relationship where we can share everything with one another.”

 

“Soo, we do. It's just –”

 

“It's just what?”

 

“It's supposed to be a surprise. There. I said it.”

 

There's another moment of silence as everyone waits for Kyungsoo to reply. “What do you mean?” he finally asks. “What surprise?”

 

Sehun feels Luhan slowly moving forward to better hear the couple, but he quickly stops him from taking another step. “You're going to be seen,” he whispers into Luhan's ear, his arms tightening around Luhan's waist. Luhan immediately stops moving and relaxes in his arms.

 

And though Luhan didn't need any more convincing, Sehun thought it was appropriate to kiss the back of Luhan's neck to keep the lovable eavesdropper in his arms.

 

When Luhan's ears suddenly start turning red, Sehun is tempted to kiss him again, but somehow he's able to stop himself.

 

Jongin's voice brings Sehun back to the conversation at hand. “I had a surprise for you, Soo, and I was hoping to keep it a secret until it was time.”

 

“What's the surprise?”

 

“I – I'm going to build our dream home.”

 

“What?”

 

“Remember all those times I've asked you about your opinion on different designs? Well, I wrote down everything you said – all the things you said you wanted in your dream house – and I'm currently in the processing of building that house for you, Soo.”

 

“You're building our house...?”

 

“Yes. I've been looking at potential land, and some areas are farther than expected. That's why I've been coming home so late. I'm sorry I gave you such crappy explanations, but you know I'm not very good at lying to you.”

 

“I know,” Kyungsoo whispers. “Your voice tends to crack when you're lying.”

 

Jongin laughs. “Thanks for taking note.”

 

“Jongin...”

 

“Now that the surprise is out, am I forgiven?”

 

“Yes...Oh, Jongin! You're such an idiot!” What follows are shuffling noises, but from what Sehun can make out, Kyungsoo had thrown his arms around Jongin in joy, and they're currently hugging each other. Everything is working out well for his friends, and Sehun's glad. Luhan seems to be happy about the outcome as well as he does a little hop in Sehun's hold.

 

“Cute,” Sehun whispers, but Luhan's too excited to hear him.

 

“You guys can come back in now,” Kyungsoo announces, and Luhan immediately sprints out to meet him.

 

“Is everything okay?” Luhan asks (as if he doesn't already know).

 

Kyungsoo smiles as he accepts the hug from Luhan. “Yes. Everything's fine. Jongin is just bad at keeping secrets.”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Good job, buddy,” says Sehun as he pats Jongin on the back. “You didn't sound like a complete idiot.”

 

“Shut it.”

 

Kyungsoo turns to Luhan and thanks him for helping him realize that Jongin may be an idiot but he's his idiot – a sentiment Jongin didn't find too pleasing.

 

“Do you two want to stay for dinner?” Luhan offers, and Sehun immediately frowns because he thought they were going to enjoy the rest of their Sunday. He's about to ask to speak to Luhan in private, to maybe get him to retract his invite, when Kyungsoo sweetly declined Luhan's offer.

 

“No thanks, Lu. Jongin and I are going to look at land.”

 

“We are?” Jongin asks, surprise evident in his eyes.

 

“Yes. Since I'm going to be living in that house, I might as well have a say in where it's located,” Kyungsoo reasons. He grabs Jongin's hand and leads him toward the door.

 

Jongin splutters. “But – I – but – Soo.”

 

“Come on, Jongin. We don't want to lose out.”

 

“The land isn't going anywhere,” Jongin mumbles as he opens the door for Kyungsoo.

 

“I heard that.” Kyungsoo bids Luhan and Sehun goodbye before tugging Jongin's hand and leading him to their cars.

 

“That went well.”

 

Sehun turns to loo

Please log in to read the full chapter