The Journey Begins!

Hear the Resonance of my Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well I’m ready to set off!” Sungmin yelled satisfied, a huge grin brightening his face.

His parents weren’t going to be home – not that they were often home anyways. Both of his parents worked overseas, and it just-so happens to be a fortunate time because he wouldn’t be home for quite a while. They weren’t bad parents or anything and he hasn’t really felt lonely when they weren’t home. When he was younger and even now; he would always be showered by their love. Every single day. And that was no exaggeration. So it always felt like they were home when they really weren’t. He didn’t mind it, but that’s beside the point.

The nineteen year old boy found himself to be quite…different from guys his age or anybody in general. It just wasn’t normal for anyone to be able to see living souls or whatever they were called, like Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun. Unbelievable.

He always thought himself to be normal like anyone else. Not abnormal.

It was a strange turn events that he didn’t see coming. He wished he was nothing more than to be normal. But fate really had it with its ways. It was like a slap across the face that told him: ‘Sir, you really need a check. A reality check.’ Like life itself was just playing him into its own hands and changing everything. It was horrible. Sungmin shivered and began to rub the places where goosebumps rised.

“Yeah. Might want to forget about that right now…” He muttered to himself and dropped his arms. His huge backpack was packed with basic necessities he would need for the long trip, such as: spare clothes, money, food, and things like that…especially toothbrushes. He wasn’t sure if Eunhyuk or Kyuhyun brushed their teeth on a daily basis because with their last meeting he could smell their bad breath, so better safe than sorry. He grinned, chuckling quietly to his small joke. “Well that’s about it…” He stood up stretching his arms widely with a small groan of relief of hearing the kinks on his back and his muscles relaxing.

He grabbed his favourite pair of sneakers and spent a few minutes tying them up. He looked once more at the empty house and gave a small smile, “It’ll be a while till I get back home…hopefully mom and dad don’t worry too much. After all I still have my phone with me – fully charged!” Still in the process of his thoughts he was already out the door grabbing the keys to lock it up, “I just hope I’m doing the right thing…I mean I’m saving lives aren’t I?”

With that last [doubtful] thought he began to walk to the bus station and head out to the place they planned to me up. “I am…right?”

 

 

“Took you long enough pink toes.” Kyuhyun said gruffly before shrugging his shoulders away from the human who just arrived. Sungmin frowned and his forehead wrinkling in an unamused way. Was he just insulted about his favourite pair of pink sneakers? Like hell he was gonna let his comment slide.

“Well sorry if it’s not your favourite colour or anything. I’ll be sure notes next time from an egotistical jerk like you!” Sungmin hissed annoyed, in which Kyuhyun had to glare about. “If anyone is being a jerk here it’s you short-stack.” Sungmin began to tremble with anger – he was furious! How dare he call him a short! I mean, he knew he was short, but hearing it from someone else didn’t mean he was okay with it. In seconds the human boy stood in front of the taller male giving him the hard stare, “You take that back.”

A small smirk made its way onto the others face, “Make me,” He whispered daringly at the shorter male. Sungmin felt face turn red with fury; he clenched his right hand into a fist wanting to bruise that cocky face and he was just about to, but was interrupted by a rather grumpy Hyukjae.

“Hey hey hey! Cut it out!” The approaching male yelled separating the two who stood closely together (not that Sungmin or Kyuhyun realized it). “Geez…I was gone for about five minutes and here you two are killing each other with glares!” Hyukjae groaned annoyed, scratching the back of his head in distress. “Anyways, asides that. Thank you for coming Sungmin just like how you promised. We appreciate it.” Hyukjae stressed out giving Kyuhyun a look and in return he only got a grunt; he rolled his eyes before turning back to the human boy with a small smile gracing his lips. “Anything you need here before we move out?” He asked making sure because their trip will be a long one. A very long one.

Sungmin shook his head giving Hyukjae a sign he was all good. “Alright then! Let’s get out of this city and onto the next!” Hyukjae screamed enthusiastically, Sungmin awkwardly followed along and Kyuhyun mutter incoherent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter