Explanations and Co-operation

Hear the Resonance of my Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you stupid or what?”

Kyuhyun spat angrily; his fists clenching, “Why do you think we called you out here?! Here’s a hint: to explain everything you idiot! Honestly-” Hyukjae rested a hand onto the younger boy’s shoulder seeing the gem on his earring turn slightly red. “Calm down Kyuhyun…”

Hyukjae sighed with closed eyes at how troublesome his friend’s anger had always shown up at the wrong time. Opening up his eyes he glanced at the shorter boy with an apologetic look, “I’m sorry about Kyuhyun, he’s always angry, stupid brat doesn’t know when to shut up.” He hissed directing his glare towards the other who made a small ‘hmph!’ noise turning his head. Hyukjae sighed once again for the millionth time today. “Okay then. Let’s get straight to the point.” Sungmin nodded sternly waiting for the fanatical explanation.

“I just want to start introducing ourselves one more time. As you probably know, and hopefully remember…my name is Lee Hyukjae – aka Eunhyuk and I’m sure you remember this obnoxious little idiot named Cho Kyuhyun. I think we got off at the wrong hand here and I hope you’re not getting the wrong idea…look. This may sound absolutely crazy, so I hope you listen well.”

Hyukjae took in a deep breath.

“We’re not human – actually we are but I mean we’re half human…”

Sungmin frowned, cocking his head to this side, “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say? Are you human or not?” The pink-haired being began to rub his hair with nails digging deeply into his scalp and a frustrated expression showing. “I don’t know how to explain this to you properly-” Kyuhyun, who had been quiet for some time now, raised his hands in the air dramatically; his gem growing into a violent red colour.

“FOR FRICK SAKE! I’LL EXPLAIN. YOU, SHUT UP.”

The boy complained angrily, shoving away the elder who reluctantly obliged and kept quiet.

“We’re human, got that? We had some kind of a past I’m not willing to talk to you about because honestly, I don’t trust you,” Sungmin was about to intervene furiously but stopped seeing the other not completing his explanation, “But. Seeing how you are the only one who can see us from any other human being we’ll explain it to you later. Just not now. It’s complicated to explain and I’m sure this cry baby here will be depressed as hell for the next 48 hours, so we’ll save that story another day. We’ve been infected and so we have become like this, I’m not really sure why you were chosen out of all people that would be able to see us but I guess that’s how it is. I don’t believe in destiny or any crap like that but you are coming with us whether you like it or not, and I hate to say this but, you are only hope for living now. So…please,” Kyuhyun mumbled the last part with his teeth grinding forcefully, “Help us. After you’ve helped us we can break off this whole ‘you’re-a-monster-or-whatever-you’d-like-to-call-it’ and we can all live our normal lives, okay?”

The human boy who heard what the latter had to say made him feel – smug. He smirked inwardly seeing the brown haired-boy pull a scowl on his face and talking harshly to his pink-haired partner for making him explain, which in turn Hyukjae had apologized for. “So their lives depend on me, huh? I don’t really want to be involved or anything but…if it means helping them live I’ll do it! Although, I enjoy seeing Kyuhyun begging me – in his own way – for me to help out.” Sungmin smiled brightly, which caught the two being’s attention from their tiny argument.

“Fine. I’ll help you out.” Hyukjae had a grin which grew in size and jumped onto the Sungmin; hugging him and continuously screaming out ‘thank you’ many times. “Thank you! Seriously this means so much! Kyuhyun! You tell him thank you too!” The boy gave off a small growl and decided to stay silent, which to his dismay, amused Sungmin greatly.

“That’s alright Hyukjae-” “Eunhyuk. Please call me Eunhyuk!” Hyukjae had interpreted withdrawing from his body, Sungmin in return smiled small. “Eunhyuk then. I agreed to your whole problem, so then what do I have to do to help?” He inquired thoughtfully. Hyukjae began to stifle, freezing completely on the spot and gave him a sheepish smile. “W-well you see…about that…” He trailed off to look off at his younger friend who looked at him with a glare. “Don’t make me say this crap too. You have your own damn mouth Lee Hyukjae!” The younger yelled hoarsely that the gem on his ear was turning red once again.

“Okay, okay. Geez I was just wondering, touchy today aren’t we.” The pink-haired male muttered disapprovingly before turning back to Sungmin. “You see if you are helping us- You are helping us right? Not going back on your words?” Hyukjae interjected worriedly, hoping the human boy would keep his promise. “Yes. Don’t worry. I won’t go back on words! I promise you this!” Sungmin exclaimed reassuringly which Hyukjae gave a relieved sigh too.

“Well thank goodness. Anyways, as I was saying, if you are helping us you must travel along with us.” This left Sungmin wondering, he began to pout. “Why should I be travelling with you? I thought this was just a small favour or something…” Kyuhyun, who was listening to their [idiotic] conversation stepped in, side eyeing him in the process. “Don’t be stupid. You’re acting like fool. You know that this isn’t just any small favour; I told you before that our lives depend on you for this. If something like travelling has to be done then it has to be done.” Sungmin didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter