The Happy Ending

The Matchmaker

             Joonmyun disappeared for a few days. This is causing a bit anxious for Kris and Kyungsoo. They had tried to contact him many times but there’s no result. They even went to the Joonmyun’s home to figure out but the house was empty. According to neighbours, Joonmyun family went to Japan to visit another relatives there.

            Honestly, Kyungsoo was very upset with the attitude of Joonmyun lately. He wanted to talk to him, but he didn’t gave him a chance at all.

            "Well, what happened to you again? Why do you look sad like this?"

            Kyungsoo turned. He found Kai is smiling to him. The younger man is sitting next to Kyungsoo then.

            Kyungsoo just shook his head. But Kai knew for sure that there were some intrusive thoughts on  his cousin’s mind.

            “So, how’s your relationship with Kris hyung?”

            “We’re good.”

            Kai squinted. "Really? It seems conversely. You don’t look like the man who’s in love. Are you happy with him?"

            Kyungsoo nodded as he tries to smile. "I'm happy. He is a good man. He does love me and fondling me any time.”

            “Stop prevaricating!” Kai is looking at Kyungsoo deeply.

            “Prevaricate? Me? Wherefore?” Kyungsoo tries to laugh. Unfortunately the laughter sounds tasteless.

            "I know you're unhappy. Be honest to me hyung, what was exactly occurred?" Kai now looks a little pissed off.

            Kyungsoo falls in silent. He couldn’t lie to his cousin. They both are too close. Although since three years ago Kai moved to Beijing to continue his studies and only come home while the holiday, but they still remained close.

            Usually Kyungsoo communicate his problems to Kai constantly, he had never conceal anything. But this time, he could not say anything because he was not sure of his own feelings.

             "Hyung .. Tell me. If I can’t impart you a way out, at least I can be a good listener.”

            Kyungsoo nodded. “I.. I’m confused.”

            He paused for a moment then went on. "I like Kris, really liked him. When Joonmyun came and gave me an opportunity to get closer to the people I like, I supposed I could not ignore a chance like that right? But that was before."

            Kai raised an eyebrow. "Used to?"

            "Before I felt loses interest on Kris. Dunno. I am no longer felt excited when I met him. No longer have a passionate while reading the message or see him coming. Everything feels .. insipid .. "

            “And then?”

            Kyungsoo shook his head. "I do not know what's wrong with me. I just thinking about Joonmyun and Joonmyun. He’s the only one who can comfort me. Only him who always hear me about Kris. He’s definitely knows what's wrong with me and what do I do. I have to meet him. But, why did he went away..?? I.. I’m worried about him.. "

            "Hold on! Joonmyun? Kris friend were you saying? Why did you.." Kai suddenly gaping in a big disbelief. "Oh no..!"

            “What?”

            “You like him!”

            “Yes, I do. He’s my friend and..”

            “More than a friend.”

            “No, it’s not like that.”

            “Did you feel restless without a news of him?”

            Kyungsoo nodded. “Yes, but..”

            “Did you felt an overwhelming joy when you met him?" Kai continued his question, regardless Kyungsoo’s confusion face.

            “Yes, I did, nonetheless..”

            “Did you feel the chest beat wildly, hands were sweating, choked up breath and sometimes got speechless?”

            The red blush fulfill the surface of Kyungsoo’s cheek instantly. "How .. How do you know?”

            Kai is throwing up his fist, punch the air. He has guessed correctly, Kyungsoo do like the matchmaker apparently. "That means you love him, idiot!”

            Kyungsoo widened his eyes. "But.. How is it possible? He is my friend and.."

            "And if he doesn’t, means he is fooler than you. Hyung, I think you've loved him for a long time, that's why you're act a little neglected on Kris hyung. But, love is love. We can’t constrain it on anyone. Look for the answer hyung, find him." Kai gives advice.

            “But..”

            “Right, you should see him." A deep voice emerged from the living room, making Kyungsoo and Kai turned back simultaneously. "But, before you have to be candid at me first.”

            There, a tall and handsome man was standing, lay on his back against the walls. A man who can be said as Kyungsoo lover for a week, Kris.

*

           

             The classroom is now empty. The students were out about five minutes ago, Joonmyun his stationery put into a bag with flagging. He had just returned from Japan and must to follow the class immediately because he had missed the class for a week.

            “Hi bro.. Long time no see.”

            Someone just came from the door. It’s Kris and.. Kyungsoo who’s now are walking into the classroom. Joonmyun frozen to the spot looking at them. Especially when he realized that their both hands are interlocked.

            "Oh.. Hi.. What's up?"Joonmyun trying to look relaxed whereas he wanted to run away. He did not want to be in an indoor place with Kris and Kyungsoo. No, this should not happen. He had to get out of there.

            "Great. We missed you, you know? And we come here want to talk about something. More precisely I want say something to you. "

            Joonmyun smiling awkwardly. "I went to Japan for a few days and just got back today."

            "We know. But.. why didn’t you notify us?" said Kris again. This time he releases the hand of  Kyungsoo, but after that he instead embraced Kyungsoo’s waist in order to move closer to him.

            Kyungsoo can only be silent when Kris treat him such as that. The red hue of his face can not be hidden anymore. Kris glance at Joonmyun attitude transformation when he treated Kyungsoo with a bit intimate. Joonmyun seen act out in strange and slightly look irritated.

            "I.. I had not time to inform anyone. I'm sorry. Hm .. How does your relationship? "

            Kris showed a flagship smirk. "We are? Fine. We spent much times together.. "

            Joonmyun sighed.

            "Take a walk on the shore."

            Joonmyun feel a robust grip in his heart.

            "Cooking together."

            Joonmyun twisted the edge of his bag hardly.

            "Romantic dinner."

            Joonmyun firmly pressing the tears that was almost spilled over.

            "And.. did such things that were.. "

            "I gotta go." Joonmyun couldn’t resist it anymore. He is stepping about to pass Kris, but the tall man blocking his way.

            "Where are you going? I have not finished talking yet." Kris said sharply while Kyungsoo squeezed his hands anxiously. What if these two men precisely fighting?

            "Joonmyun-ah, sit down please? I told you earlier that I need to talk to you? Didn’t I?"     

            Joonmyun finally comply. The more quickly he listened to Kris, the faster he can goes away instead, right?

            “What’s the matter?”

            Kris does not respond. He guides Kyungsoo to sit right next to Joonmyun then he pulled up a chair and sit appropriate in front of those two men, like a judge who is intimidating the victims.

            "Joonmyun-ah, I always assume you as my best friend, you even are like a brother to me. Why do not you to be fortrighted to me?"

            "I don’t know what do you mean." Joonmyun’s forehead crimped.

            ‘I’m doomed’ Kyungsoo thought. Since the beginning he did not agree of this idea, but Kris impel him.

            “Please stop pretending.”

            Joonmyun startled. “Me? W-what..”

            "I know you like Kyungsoo from the start. Then why did you have to attempt to do your job, being good friend to me, made me and Kyungsoo united while you just got suffer?"

             Joonmyun nearly jumped out of his chair. 'How could Kris may know his feelings?'

            "What are you talking about? It doesn’t make sense.. "

            "I know you very well. You're not good at lying. Initially I ignored this fact until I realized that Kyungsoo also into you. "

             'Damn! I'm so dead!" Kyungsoo thought bitterly. He glanced at Joonmyun who sit next to his side and seemed frozen with Kris words.

            "Wait.. It does not true, right? Kyungsoo-ya, you did accepted Kris as your boyfriend, remember? That means you were indeed.."

            Kyungsoo immediately cut Joonmyun words. "I did it for you."

            “W-whaatt??”

            Kyungsoo feel his face totally burning in red hue now. He just perplexed because he didn’t expect anything will become these hard. Kris coerced him to confess on Joonmyun and trap the matchmaker to come clean about his feelings.

            "Did you forget? You asked me to say 'yes' no matter what happens. So I followed your request. All for you."

            Joonmyun was about to open his mouth to counter when he saw Kris raised his hand, interrupted. "I think everything is obvious now. You two loved each other. But you guys cover it up just because of.. me."

            Joonmyun Kris looked at with mixed senses. "I'm sorry, I just.. I didn’t want you to be disappointed. I was a matchmaker, I must not fall in love with my client. But apparently I was wrong. I've tried to ignore my feelings, but the more I'm dodge it, the more I love Kyungso and.."

            "Please, don’t be like this. I do like Kyungsoo, but I’ve never expected my friendship turned out to be like this just because of love."

            Joonmyun and Kyungsoo lowered their heads. Both of them may only be silent, unable to say a word to interrupt the speaker.

            Kris smiled at the reaction of the other two. "I suggest you two to have a talk. Get rid of your ego and be fortright. I want to hear good news later."

            Having said so, he stepped out. Unlike the tracks when he entered it earlier, now he felt lighter and peaceful. In this life there are things that must be sacrificed for the sake of the others happiness. And when you make a goal, you will feel much happier.

*

 

            Several years later..

            “Stop it idiot! Everyone is glancing at us right now!” Kyungsoo whispered as he tweak Joonmyun’s waist.

            “I don’t even care. We don’t do an illegal thing, right? Is it a sin if I kiss my boyfriend in public?” Joonmyun said defensively while pouting his lips.

            "Not on your best friend’s wedding. You're here as the best man of Kris, how likely are you acting like this?"

            Joonmyun giggles. They are at Kris and Yixing’s wedding that will begin shortly indeed. Kris finally got someone who suits him without Joonmyun’s help. He said if Joonmyun intervened, he might be single for the whole life.

            "I can’t resist your charms. You're so adorable, I could not stand it.." Joonmyun sigh disappointly as he embracing Kyungsoo tightly.

            Red flush appeared on Kyungsoo’s face suddenly. “Stop teasing me!”

            "I'm not. I love everything that exist in you and I love you more than all the attractions which had layover in my life, except my family certainly. I.. I love you too much, Kyungsoo. If only Kris had never let go a few years ago, maybe I would kill myself than have to attend your wedding."

            Kyungsoo face increasingly flushed severely. Millions of butterflies as merrily dancing in his tummy, overflowing joy in his heart. He didn’t know what would happen if presently he’s the bride next to Kris, not Yixing. And he did not want to imagine who would marry Joonmyun later, if it’s not him.

            Joonmyun is looks at Kyungsoo tenderly. Then slowly brought his face closer towards Kyungsoo, grabbed that plum lips with affectionate. On the moment their lips met, the whole feeling of love in their self-channeled. Their kiss is getting intense, slowly and lovingly.

            "Err.. Sorry for disturbing you guys, but this is my wedding ceremony, remember? It supposed be me and Yixing do it later." Kris suddenly standing there and looked at them reproachfully.

            Kyungsoo and Joonmyun separating their lips then laughed ashamed.

            “Sorry bro.. We’re just..”

            “No problem. Seeing you happy is a bliss for me. So, please give me some good news once again later. Get married and be happy together forever. You won’t need anything else if the person you love is on your side, isn’t it?”

            "Kris, it's time. Hurry up to the aisle, Yixing is also ready." Kris father come in and remind his son.

            Kris take a deep breath and then exhale it slowly. He seemed nervous but highly ready. Then he turned to his two best friends. “Wish me luck.”

            “Sure.” Kyungsoo and Joonmyun responded.

            "You also have to go, Mr. Best man." Kyungsoo said as he kiss Joonmyun briefly. He turned around and approached the bench where the guests sit.

            Kyungsoo see Joonmyun is getting ready near the altar, standing right next to Kris. The lover then reached into his pocket and looks a little bit busy with his cell phone. After a few seconds, he turned and smiled at Kyungsoo.

            At the same time, Kyungsoo’s cellphone sound a small beep, sign of a message has been received. He immediately checked his phone and read the message from Joonmyun.

            With all of my heart, with all of my soul, I say absolutely honest to you : I love you. In this sacred place I promise, I'll be your man, for now until forever. Will you marry me?’

            Right then and there, Kyungsoo feels heaven comes to him. With an indescribable feeling, he nodded confidently toward Joonmyun while whispering. “I will.”

 

END