Fall in Love

The Matchmaker

            “JOONMYUN-AH!”

            Joonmyun who did not startled at all by the irritated call just looked back reluctantly. Actually Without looking back, he knew exactly who’s intended to surprise him although the effort was totally failed. Who else if it was not his beloved hyung’s boyfriend who’s handsome but noisy? Lee Donghae.

            "Ya! Hyung! I'm not deaf at all. Could you call me in a normal tone? "

            Donghae who came with his boyfriend, Kyuhyun, smiled apologetically. "What's the matter with you? You’re usually cheerful and energetic. But I see you're being quiet these days."

            "Yes, you looked so morose. What happened Joonmyunnie? Just tell us." Kyuhyun said as he sat next to his brother.

            Joonmyun shook his head slightly. "I'm fine hyung. It just.. Something keep bothering me too much recently."

            Kyuhyun and Donghae were glancing each other. They knew very well that Joonmyun would become a sentimental one if there’s a problem. However, he would be acted like that if the problem is quite hard.

            Joonmyun and Kyuhyun have  cute innocent faces, making their facial expressions suit their mood obviously. And Joonmyun’s facial expression today can not be said as cheerful as usual.

            "Does it because the matchmaking problem?" Kyuhyun asked again.

             This time Joonmyun nodded, unwilling to answer. He really was in no mood to discuss it to anyone. Maybe later, but not today.

            "I told you before, do not be too undertaken much to your clients. See, you must be confused, right now?" Donghae guessed.

            Joonmyun nodded again.

            "Yah! Did I ask you to stop? Why do you keep doing it anyway?" Kyuhyun became a little bit upset to see his brother recognition.

            "How many total of your clients today?" Donghae asked again, ignoring Kyuhyun’s interruptions before.

            Joonmyun formed the figure of three by his fingers of his right hand. Then he returned to gloomy face, remained as before.

            Seeing this, Kyuhyun grumbles for very great length. He does not like his brother seeking for the additional money as a matchmaker. They came from middle class families who’s nothing short of at all. So, why Joonmyun keep seeking for additional money? When he questioned him that way, he just replied casually that he likes to spread the happiness to anyone, and the way he had chosen was aim to help people who does not brave enough to convey their heart to people they likes. Simple.

            In their college, Joonmyun is well-known as 'The Cupid', or it could be said that he is the matchmaker for new couples. Joonmyun experts in this matter. He studied the techniques before then practice it in his school. The result? Everything works out! Already calculated more than ten couples he had matched.

            Not only friends of his generation, but also his seniors come for begging for help. Including Donghae when he asked Joonmyun to set him up with Kyuhyun few months ago. The payment for this job can be said fairly high, because Joonmyun has to approach the target and make it flows by his plans. So, even though his pocket money was less than Kyuhyun’s, but with the additional income, he is so much 'richer' than his hyung.

            But from the beginning Kyuhyun has never liked this idea. He was sick of seeing all the people came to Joonmyun just for having a certain interests. In fact, due to busy taking care of the 'business', Joonmyun forgot about one important thing: a lover.

            Yes, even today, when he is twenty years old, Joonmyun has not been on a date.

            "Yah! Are you listening or not?" Kyuhyun said fiercely as he shook his brother with exasperation.

            Joonmyun got up. "Just leave me alone. My head seems about to burst because of this. If it wasn’t for this job, you two will never dating right? At least thank me by not bothering me."       

            Without saying any words, Joonmyun turned away, leaving Kyuhyun and Donghae who looked at him wistfully.

*

            That afternoon, at one of the café which fairly crowded in the corner of the street, a young man sitting by himself. Joonmyun waited patiently. It’s been more than thirty minutes but the person that he's waiting for hasn't come yet. He stirred his juice with a straw, playing with its contents reluctantly.

            Shortly afterwards, another man came in haste to the café and approaching Joonmyun’s table.

            “Joonmyun-ah, I’m sorry, I’m late.”

            That man came with a panting breath. His beautiful eyes looked tired after running. Then he sat down in front of Joonmyun and started to set his breath slowly.

            Joonmyun smiled. "It does not matter, I also have not been here so long. Oh, do you want to drink? "

            Do Kyungsoo smiled with relief thereby. "Of course, the same one with yours looks good."

            "So, can we do it next week?" Joonmyun wondering after he ordered a glass of juice which the same as his for Kyungsoo.

            Kyungsoo nodded. "I love the movie by the way."

            That's good. Are you sure, there’s no someone who will be upset if we go together?" Asked Joonmyun again. This time carefully.

            "Of course not. I think I told you so many times that I don't have any boyfriends?"

            Joonmyun nodded. "Then how about someone who is close to you? I mean, a close friends or.."

            Kyungsoo seemed to think for a while. Then when his drink is coming, they stopped the conversation for a moment. Joonmyun was waiting for  Kyungsoo’s answers patiently. After sipped his glass up to half, Kyungsoo finally responded.

            "I'm close to some people actually. However, all of them are just friends. There's no one special."

            Joonmyun only nodded. "That's good, I'm only afraid of any undesirable things. Finish your drink, I’ll take you to somewhere."

            Kyungsoo eyes sparkling brightly. "Really?" He quickly sipped his glass, ignoring the amused gaze of Joonmyun.

            After Joonmyun paid those beverages, they both got out of that small cafe and then walked down the street while chatting cheerfully, heading to the train station which was easy to reach.

            "Really? Wow .. You're so mischievous." Said Kyungsoo with a laugh.

            Joonmyun smiled sheepishly. "I’d love to make my hyung angry because I'm mischievous as himself. He want to be the one who is the most mischievous in our family, but unfortunately his desire wasn’t achieved."

            "It must be so cool to live in a such family. I am the only child. Both of my parents are busy. My father is always busy at the office while my mother is a real socialite. I'm lonely. So, now you know why it's always be a pleasure if anyone take me out, right? "Kyungsoo explains.

            "I will always be with you if you need a friend." Joonmyun offered himself.

            Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. He always likes Joonmyun’s kind and cheerful traits. He had never felt sad especially lonely when he was with this mischievous man. There were always any actions or words which made ​​him laugh. He felt comfortable around whenever the soft voice-man next to him.

*

            "Beaaccchhhhhh...!" Joonmyun shrieked exuberantly. He danced happily, sometimes doing carefree acrobatics, distributing his feelings that time. Not far from there, Do Kyungsoo was chuckling to see Joonmyun's act. Joonmyun was the one who invited him there. Why does he seems more excited?

            “Kyungsoo-ya, come here..”

            Kyungsoo walked to approach him. Joonmyun pulled his hand and run to chase the waves. They both laughed delightedly when those toes touching the water. The sun, the beach, and a good friend were very nice things to be combined. They both played water long enough until it almost to humect their bodies entirely by the salt water.

            When they're finally really tired, they sat on the shore, letting the waves dashed into their body.

            "This is the first time we've gone quite far, right?" Asked Joonmyun.

            "That's right. We have just known each other about a few weeks ago, but we are quite close and I always trust you even though you brought me this far."

            It was true. They both have not known each other for long enough yet. This was just because Joonmyun visited one of his friend at another school. And Kyungsoo who’s went to the same school coincidentally, was Sehun’s classmates, friend of Joonmyun.

            Inadvertently, they met again at a bookstore. Since that day, they became quite close. They were frequently called each other, sending messages, to meet outside of the school hours as it's today.

            "I really enjoyed it, thank you." Said Kyungsoo         

            "I'm the one who should be thankful, because I was actually need a bit of refreshment at times like these."

            "Are you okay? Is there any problems?" Asked Kyungsoo. His face looks a bit anxious.

            "No need to worry, just a minor issue which is pretty much up to me to take care of. It was not something great." He doesn’t know, by seeing the worried expression before him seemed to make his stomach filled with thousands of butterflies.

            "But.. because sometimes we get too underestimate the little things, it becomes a big thing eventually. You'd better finish it as soon as possible. Is there.. anything I can do to help you?"

            Joonmyun didn’t answer, he was just staring at Kyungsoo silently. Looked at the wide-eyed man in front of him for a few seconds. Making Kyungsoo felt a bit confused but also blushed at the same time.

            “Joonmyun-ah..”

            Ignoring those words, Joonmyun ventured to holding Kyungsoo's shoulders. "Thank you."

            Kyungsoo's raised an eyebrow. "I don't understand."

            "Anyway thank you, you helped me a lot these days. And it was making me so.. Ah, forget it.." said Joonmyun again. He suddenly looked morose by thought of a burden in his heart.

            'Should I? Do I deserve this? 'He thought bitterly.

            "Joonmyun-ah, what's wrong? Why are you being like this? You were seemed.."

            "I'm fine." Said Joonmyun while put a cheerful face again. "Well, we need to get back, this is late afternoon already. We have to catch the train in order not too late to go back."

            He got up and held out his hand, offering to help Kyungsoo to stand up. Kyungsoo's welcoming the hand and rose up. Surprisingly, both of them continues holding their hands until the train arrive in Seoul.

            “I’m going home now. Au revoir.” Kyungsoo's says then he waved his hand. After that he walked away.

            Joonmyun waved back . When the body of Kyungsoo has completely turned away, he pulled out his cell phone from his pants' pocket. Then he re-read  the message he had neglected while having fun with Kyungsoo earlier.

            ‘So, how was it going? What did you tell him about me? Did he say something interesting in response? Do you think there is a hope for me to date him? I am counting on you Joonmyun-ah.. -K-

            “What should I do?” Joonmyun regretted his promise to his friend instantaneously.

*