Apology

Happily (N)ever After

Hiii!! Soo....it's been 4-5 months since my last update...*runs and hides*....I had the end of my semester and then I moved, so that took me up til January to sort everything out. But after that, I don't have a good excuse for not updating other than I couldn't really figure out which direction I was going with this. I finally figured it out, but it's definitely different than what I had originally planned. I did consider just giving up but I don't want to leave something incomplete. It's also a matter of when I am creative enough and it tends to be at times when I don't have a pencil/paper nearby to write it all down (hate when that happens...T_T)

Also, this time to make sure I didn't stop midway....I wrote out the rest of this story beforehand. I'm going to put up a new chapter every night til the end (which isn't that far off by the way) and make adjustments if it looks like I need to change some things around. 

For those who subscribed, I'm super sorry and completely understand if you've left. But hopefully you'll still be around to at least read the ending. So I'll stop rambling now and here we go!


“Oppa!!...Oppa!!....OPPA!!”

“Ah what Joo Hyun?”

“O...o...mma...could...n...t...find...you...” Seo Hyun fell onto the bench gasping for air. JiSeok slowly patted her back. When she seemed to have recovered he leaned back again staring off into space.

“Oppa?”

“I just wanted some air...you go back first.”

“But oppa...omma wants you to come back with me....”

“Tell her I’ll be back...I just want to get some air.”

Opening to protest, Seo Hyun gave up any chance of arguing with her brother. Reminding him again to come back soon, she got up and walked back towards the apartment building. Walking into the lobby she stopped in her tracks seeing Yonghwa waiting by the elevators. Nodding in his direction she came closer but stopped a few feet away keeping her attention on the notices posted on the wall.

Yonghwa cleared his throat and approached the girl. “Seo Hyun....” he murmured softly.

Seo Hyun turned in his direction, stepping back at his sudden close proximity. “Yonghwa oppa...how...are you?”

“I’m good...uh...Seo Hyun...listen, I’m sorry for being so short with you the other day...”

“Oh...it’s okay. I’m sure you were just having a bad day...”

“No...it’s...” Yonghwa rubbed his hair, unsure of how to phrase his thoughts.

“Oppa...?”

“IthoughtyouhadtoldSooyeonaboutmyJulliardapplication...” Yonghwa rambled deciding to just get his thoughts out.

Seo Hyun stared blankly at him, “Um...I’m sorry but you spoke too quickly...I didn’t catch any of that...”

Yonghwa took a breath and repeated himself though slower this time. “I thought you had told Sooyeon about Julliard and....yeah I got angry at you, but I found out the school had contacted my dad....I’m sorry for mistakenly blaming you and then being short with you.”

“I promised I wouldn’t....”

“I know...I’m sorry Seo Hyun...I didn’t think clearly.”

“So...what did Sooyeon say?”

“To apply...of course...”

“Will you?” Seo Hyun whispered, almost afraid to ask for fear of being nosy.

Instead Yonghwa just stared at the building’s front door before answering, “I will...for Sooyeon...for my mom...”

“What about for yourself?” Seo Hyun watched different expressions run across his face before being restrained into a blank stare that concealed any emotion.

“For me too...” Yonghwa focused on Seo Hyun again, giving a small smile. “Are you going upstairs?”

“Mm...you?”

“Yeah...”

The two entered the elevator together but even within that small enclosed space, the silence stretched between them until Seo Hyun got off at her floor. She turned to say goodbye but the doors were already closing, separating her from Yonghwa.