Blushes and Bruises X

Happily (N)ever After

"Sooyeon! Sooyeon~ah, wake up."

Refusing to leave dreamland, she just turned over and snuggled deeper into the covers. "Yah! Jung Sooyeon! Joo Hyun noona is here. She says it's something important about JiSeok hyung."

At Yonghwa's words, Sooyeon sat up and immediately jumped out of bed toward the living room. "Oh Sooyeon!!"

"Oh unnie...Is everything okay?"

"Great news! JiSeok~ah! He woke up!!"

Eyes widening at the news, Sooyeon grabbed Joo Hyun's arm. "Really?? JiSeok oppa is awake??"

Nodding excitedly, Joo Hyun ushered Sooyeon back towards the bedroom. "Hurry and get dressed!! I promised Seo Hyun I would bring you over to the hospital."

"Ah okay~" Pushed into the bedroom, Sooyeon stood there momentarily before coming to her senses. Changing into a t-shirt and jeans, she grabbed her bag. Shushing Soojung to go back to sleep for awhile more, she ran out of the room. Not seeing Joo Hyun, she rushed into the kitchen only to find her brother standing, drinking coffee. "Oppa, where's Joo Hyun unnie?"

"I told her I'd bring you to the hospital instead. Joo Hyun noona will probably stay at the hospital for awhile and don't you have a piano lesson  today too? I'll just bring you and wait for you, then drop you off at your lesson. I don't want you going around by yourself so much

"Ah...thanks oppa! Then let's go!"

"Hey! Wait for me to finish my coffee!! Sheesh..." Grabbing a folder on the way out, Yonghwa barely managed to place his cup on the end table before Sooyeon pushed him out the door. 

Sitting in the car, Sooyeon fiddled with the radio, switching channels every few seconds. "Yah...could you please pick something? I know you like JiSeok hyung but the..."

"OPPA!!"

"What??"

"H...how'd you know..."

"that you liked JiSeok hyung? Easy...you're my sister and as much as you like Seo Hyun-shi, I don't think it was her you were always going over to see."

"Oh..."

And after one piano recital you had, you were so quiet....normally you yammer on and on about what mistakes you made and how you could have played the piece differently. But that recital, you didn't do any of that. And JiSeok hyung had come to that recital and that was the only time it happened." Then he jokingly added, "Even me, your beloved oppa can't do that to you..." he sighed dramatically.

"Oppa...how do you know me so well...?"

Smiling, Yonghwa reached over to ruffle Sooyeon's hair. "I'm your oppa and I promised to protect you so I have to know when you're happy and what made you so happy. The only times you're truly happy are when you play piano but that time, it wasn't because of the music. It was because of JiSeok hyung....Appa knows too but he's in denial, haha."

With that, the atmosphere relaxed and Sooyeon felt her cheeks redden from the realization that maybe her secret crush wasn't so secret after all. 

Stepping into the wing's waiting area, Yonghwa gestured for her to go on ahead. "I'll just wait here....go on."

Walking down the hall, she found the door ajar and Seo Hyun with her parents already inside. Seeing JiSeok sitting up, a sigh of relief came out as she stepped into the room only to see his hand tightly intertwined with her Joo Hyun unnie's. 

"I'm sorry..." Seo Hyun murmured. She had come up quietly beside Sooyeon. "I really didn't know. Oppa never mentioned her before to me and...." her voice already in a whisper trailed off even more.

"Oh Sooyeon," Seo Hyun's mom greeted her warmly. 

JiSeok looked away from his girlfriend and towards the room's entrance at his mom's words."Oh, Sooyeon...." Turning back to Joo Hyun he continued, "Jagiya, meet my other little sister, Sooyeon."