Don't Wonder X

Happily (N)ever After

"Sooyeon, he'll be fine right? Oppa will be okay?"

Sooyeon tore her eyes away from the bed and looked at Seo Hyun, noticing the red-rimmed eyes and tearstains. "I probably have puffy eyes myself," she thought before coming back to the present. Grasping one of Seo Hyun's hands, she gave a tight smile. "You can't think like that. Just think, JiSeok oppa will be fine. He wouldn't leave his sister like this. Just keep thinking that. Don't wonder. Just know he'll be okay." Turning, her eyes bore into Seo Hyun's, willing her to think positively.

Swallowing nervously, Seo Hyun nodded shakily before facing the bed once again. Together the two girls sat in silence, watching the rise and fall of JiSeok's chest, unsure if he was breathing on his own or if the respirator is doing the work for him.

*You are my everything, nothing your love won't bring. My life is yours alone. The only love I've ever known....*

"Sorry," Sooyeon grabbed her cell phone and went out into the hall. "Hello?" she whispered.

"Sooyeon~ah"

"Yeah oppa?"

"Are you done? I'm about to leave Jonghyun's so I should be there in 20 minutes."

"Mm, that's fine. We'll see you soon." Hanging up, Sooyeon returned to the room. "Hyunnie, my oppa will be here soon. You ready to go?"

Nodding Seo Hyun stood up and left to use the restroom. Sooyeon collected her bag, putting her phone back in. Looking back at the bed, she walked over and bent down, putting her lips by JiSeok's ear and lightly holding onto his arm. "JiSeok oppa, get up! You've been sleeping so long already, aren't you bored? Wake up soon oppa!"

Giving his arm a squeeze, Sooyeon gathered her belongings and exited the room. Waiting in the hall while Seo Hyun finished in the restroom and said her own goodbye, Sooyeon played with her fingers. Her phone sounded with an incoming text: Yonghwa telling her he was outside in the parking lot. Texting back a quick acknowledgment Sooyeon called for Seo Hyun and they walked out, past the nurses' station; thankfully Joo Hyun unnie wasn't there so Sooyeon didn't have to engage in cheery conversation. Meeting up with Yonghwa, the trio left the hospital. Dropping Seo Hyun off on the 10th floor, Yonghwa and Sooyeon proceeded to the 12th. Entering the apartment, Sooyeon beelined for the piano and began playing a random melody. Used to her sudden bouts of playing, Yonghwa merely went to his room and began strumming chords in harmony with the piano.