4

Hide and Seek

“So how is this supposed to get an opinion out of Kwang Ho exactly?” Jinhee shushed Sehun. “Shut up, if you really want to tag along with me then be obedient.”

Sehun snorted. “Ok fine, but I still don’t understand how following the boy will help you get him to talk.” Jinhee groaned while shaking her head. “I thought I already explained this to you. If I follow him around I can learn more about him and find out what his problem is.”

Sehun whispered back to Jinhee as they trailed behind a walking Kwang Ho. “Why don’t you just ask him instead of going through all of this trouble?”

Jinhee scoffed. “Did you see how that kid sassed me before? No way am I tolerating that again.” Sehun chuckled and laced his fingers through Jinhee’s. “Well then we have to have some sort of disguise if we’re going to follow him.” Jinhee’s cheeks blazed red. “How is that connected to grabbing my hand you ert?” He smiled. “Let’s just pretend we’re a couple that way we don’t look suspicious while following him.”

Kwang Ho turned a corner so Sehun and Jinhee did the same. “Stop being so weird and affectionate don’t you know how that makes a person feel?” Sehun leaned towards Jinhee and whispered lowly into her ear. “It’s not how it makes anybody feel it’s how it makes you feel.”

Jinhee’s heart was beating so hard and so fast she figured any second her heart would implode.

She had grown accustomed to Sehun and shoving him away, but something in her at that moment wanted to just stay there and bask in the familiarity of that feeling in her chest. But, she would never allow herself to feel that way about a man again.

“Hyung what do you see in that ajhumma?” Jinhee gasped and turned to see Kwang Ho standing in front of them with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Sehun slapped him on the shoulder. “Once you grow up you’ll understand.” Kwang Ho could only scoff. “Hyung don’t you see how much she is out of your league?” Jinhee stepped forward. “Alright how about you talk this much about how you feel?”

Kwang Ho’s demeanor changed completely. “Look lady just leave me alone already! I’m not stupid enough to fall for a trick that only works in dramas. If you think following me around will get you to understand me then you’re wrong.”

Jinhee let out a frustrated sigh. “Well maybe I would be able to understand you if you let me! It’s my job to you know.” Kwang Ho groaned. “You know what I’m done here. I’m done with all the stupid therapists, social workers, teachers, and adults. You all say you can understand, but you know what you can’t understand something you’ve never lived before.” He his heel and strode away.

Jinhee on the other hand knew she couldn’t just let him leave like that. No matter how mad she was she could not let him keep running away.

She started forward, but Sehun grabbed her wrist. “You’ve done enough.” Jinhee stared at him wondering why he was spewing such nonsense.

Jinhee pulled her wrist out of his grasp. “I haven’t done enough. Hell, I’ve really done nothing to finish this job yet! I can’t mess up I have to complete this task.” Sehun shook his head.

Inside Luhan could only sympathize for the boy. He could see the emotions he was storing. He understood that boy, but Jinhee just couldn’t. “Do you see this as just a job, a task?” She grimaced. “What do you mean? I’m doing my job.”

Sehun shook his head. “This isn’t just a job anymore. You’re dealing with someone’s life here. You’re dealing with someone’s raw emotions. You can’t approach this like if you’re dealing with paper work back at the office. You need to be human.”

Jinhee couldn’t believe the words she was hearing she was so used to Sehun being so kind and sweet, to the point of disgust, that his sudden words made her a bit surprised. “I am human though.” He raised his brows. “Good, then act like one and don’t treat this boy like a job. Look at him like a human. If you were in his position how would you feel?”

Jinhee scratched her neck awkwardly. “I don’t know really I’ve never been in that sort of position. I’ve only dealt with-” He heart squeezed in her chest as Luhan’s face faded away again in her mind. She couldn’t finish.

Sehun sighed. “Listen Jinhee I know you want to handle this case on your own, but I honestly don’t know what you can do for Kwang Ho.” Luhan wanted to try his best to lure Jinhee away from dealing with the burdens this case would most likely bring her.

But, Jinhee shook her head. “No I’m going to see this through. I still have a few more days until the next appointment. I won’t give up.”

And Jinhee kept true to her word. After that afternoon Jinhee studied Kwang Ho’s file as if it were her notes for the entrance exam into a university. But, it was hard to understand someone through paper.

Jinhee was starting to reach her ends not with the case, but herself. She had become a perfectionist and she wanted to do things the right away.

How do you go about trying to understand someone though?

Jinhee was in her apartment reading Kwang Ho’s file for the umpteenth time when her stomach suddenly grumbled. Jinhee was relying on Sehun making a ruckus and distracting her hunger, but he had been quiet recently. Ever since the day of their dispute he was silent. She figured he was actually letting her focus.

She planned on just ignoring her stomach, but it was relentless.

Finally, she stood and strode out her apartment to the nearby market to grab some dinner in her pajamas. She was doing just that too. She had the stuff she was going to buy already in her hands, but out of the corner of her eyes a figure caught her attention.

She turned to see Kwang Ho walking alone somewhere.

Jinhee frowned. “Where does that kid think he’s going at this time?” She assumed that maybe this lucky coincidence was fate guiding her in the correct direction. So instead of buying her food she put it back and ran out the market to follow him.

She was doing a successful job and she managed to follow him all the way to the movie theatre. She found it odd though.

She followed him in and as Kwang Ho took his seat she contemplated what she should do. If she kept a low profile then maybe she could get more information on him. But, Sehun’s words came back to her.

“Look at him like a human.” She sighed and formed fists with her hands. “Alright Jinhee just act human.” She gathered all her guts and sat in the seat next to his.

“So what’s a kid like you doing at a movie theatre by himself?” Kwang Ho seemed a bit surprised by Jinhee’s sudden appearance, but he talked his way out of her question.

"Well what’s an ajhumma doing at a movie theatre in her pajamas by herself?” Jinhee stuck her tongue out at him. “Fine we’re even. But, really why did you come?”

Kwang Ho shrugged. “Can’t I go watch a movie by myself?” Jinhee let out a breath to keep her cool. “Well yes, but don’t kids like going out with friends or something like that?”

To Jinhee’s astonishment he then chuckled lightly. “Well not all kids share the same interests.” He seemed completely different from earlier.

She was going to question him more, but the room got dark and the movie started. The movie was nothing much just the usual action movie, but Kwang Ho absorbed every moment of it. Jinhee found it more entertaining to see Kwang Ho enjoying himself so much rather than watching the movie.

She nudged him in the middle of the movie. “Hey why don’t you take a girl?” Kwang Ho scoffed. “Really? What even made you ask that question at this moment?”

Jinhee smiled and nudged him again. “I bet you want to take someone. Or have you taken girls in the past?” Kwang Ho blushed and flicked Jinhee. “You’re being disruptive ajhumma, just watch the movie.”

Jinhee pretended to lunge at him, but Kwang Ho wasn’t fazed. It made her smile though. Maybe the kid wasn’t too bad.

Once the movie finished the two of them stepped out and the fresh breeze cooled them. Jinhee pulled on Kwang Ho’s arm. “Let’s go to the market I’ll buy you something.”

Kwang Ho groaned. “You don’t have to though. Besides I bet you’re just using that as an excuse so you can get food for yourself.” Jinhee frowned. “No I’m not.” Kwang Ho smirked. “Sure.”

Jinhee bought them some popsicles for the warm weather and she handed one to Kwang Ho. He nodded his head at her. She assumed that was his way of expressing thanks. Man, the kid sure was expressive. 

For a little while they both sat there in silence, but Jinhee broke it quickly. “Why do you like watching movies?” Kwang Ho sighed.

Jinhee expected he would just blow her off again, but he did the exact opposite. “I’m not too sure myself really. But, I just like watching someone else’s life. I like experiencing and being a part of a life different from my own. Watching movies make me feel like I’m living a different life.” He his popsicle.

Jinhee nodded her head, but honestly she was shocked by his response.

His casualness startled her. “Do you like filming?” Kwang Ho snorted. “Hell no, I don’t even know how to work a camera. I’m more of a writer. I like stories. When you write stories you can express messages to people. You can tell people whatever you want through stories. Isn’t that cool?” Jinhee giggled. “Are you the next Shakespeare?”

Kwang Ho’s cheeks reddened. “Yah ajhumma why do you have to be so meddlesome?”

Jinhee pinched his arm. “Why do you have to call me ajhumma all the time?” Kwang Ho yelped. “Ah! You’re such a nuisance ajhumma! Aren’t you just supposed to be handling my case in the office or something anyways?!”

Jinhee smiled, not just the forced one that she would try to pull off either. “You’re not paper work Kwang Ho. You’re a human with human feelings and I want to attend to those feelings the best I can.”

Kwang Ho stared at Jinhee’s smiling face wondering how this ajhumma wasn’t sick of him already, but she was the first not looking at him as a part of their job and he appreciated it more than he was willing to show.

He scoffed as he threw his popsicle stick away. “You better not think after treating me to a popsicle and saying some nice words I would start liking you.” And, with that he quickly walked away.

Jinhee sat there smiling though as she watched a flustered Kwang Ho walk away.

The next day came and Kwang Ho and his parents were coming for their appointment. Jinhee wasn’t sure what she would say or what consensus she would give them, but she at least knew one thing. She would make sure things would go the way Kwang Ho wants.

“Hey Sehun can I talk to you real quick?” Sehun looked up at Jinhee in astonishment. “You actually want to talk to me?” Jinhee sighed. “Yes, do you have a second?”

He smiled. “Of course.” Luhan found it odd for Jinhee to approach him, but he wasn’t complaining.

He leaned against her desk. “What’s up?” She folded her hands nervously in her lap. “Do you think I can pull it off?”

He frowned. “What do you mean?” She groaned. “Don’t make me spell it out for you babo. Do you think that I will make the right decision for Kwang Ho? I mean I have this boy’s future in my hands. If I make the wrong decision who knows what would happen.”

Sehun smiled as he leaned forward and patted Jinhee’s head softly then gently let his hand glide down her hair. “Jinhee you can’t always try to make the perfect decision or choice. Sometimes things will be imperfect right?”

Jinhee felt her heart beating rapidly in her chest as Sehun’s hand fell to her shoulder. “I know your heart is in the right place it always has been. So once the time comes you’ll know what to do.”

Luhan’s heart warmed. “That’s why I love you.”

Jinhee was going to muster up a thank you, but a co-worker of theirs ran to Jinhee’s desk. “Jinhee you’re clients are arguing in the hall. It doesn’t look too good.”

Before he could even finish his sentence Jinhee bolted out of her seat and ran towards the hall with Sehun trailing behind.

The hall was filled with angry voices. “Why do you have to always be selfish?! Don’t you see that Kwang Ho doesn’t want you near him?” Mrs. Choi was yelling in Mr. Chul’s face.

Mr. Chul didn’t like it one bit either. “Me being selfish? You’re the one covering your son’s feelings with your own! I know you hate me, but that doesn’t mean he does too!”

Jinhee and Sehun ran up to the fighting couple. Jinhee tried to ease them. “Hey, let’s settle these feelings in a peaceful way. Just come to the office with me and we can talk this out calmly.”

Mr. Chul shook his head. “No, I’m done with this lady’s bull! She thinks that she can control everything including my son’s life! That’s what she tried to do in our marriage too, but I got out. I should have saved my son too. I should have taken him away from her in the beginning!” Kwang Ho stood leaning against the wall with his head down hiding his face.

Sehun tried to help Jinhee in some way. “I understand you’re upset sir, but yelling here is not going to do anything.”

Mrs. Choi scoffed. “There’s no point in trying to stop him. Once he blows up there’s no way of stopping him. He has no manners and can’t even control himself. That’s why I don’t want you in my son’s life. Maybe he’ll turn into a ticking time bomb just like you!” Kwang Ho’s hands clenched into fists.

Jinhee tried to stop them again, but more forcibly this time around. But, they just kept fighting until finally Kwang Ho was done with it all.

Angrily Kwang Ho slammed the wall with his fist. “Stop already! Just stop!” Kwang Ho looked straight forward at the adults in front of him, but at that moment his tear-filled eyes had more power over them than they ever could have had on him.

He stared at them for a few more moments before he ran away from the scene leaving the adults astonished.

Silence had been Kwang Ho’s power, but he could not remain silent anymore.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So that's that for the update I hope you guys enjoyed it And tell me what you think down below:)

Alrighty I'll reply to the comments now ^ ^

@Exolover383838- Awesome! I hope you enjoy the story so far and will continue to read^___^

@Emerald- Well things are about to get deeper, but I hope you enjoy it so far:) And yeah Jinhee can get mad easily at times >.<

@Haebby13- Hah yeah we’ll see what happens next >_< And yeah she does very nostalgic lolxD

@asdfghjkl1121- Hahah yeah I’m happy you liked the chapter so much:))) Hopefully you enjoyed this one as well^.^

~The End~

I got a poster and background finally too:) So tell me what you think about them or what not, but yeah other than that it's lat e and I'm tired hah so I'll get going. As always thank you for the support and I hope you continue to read ^_^

Please subscribe and or comment<3

~Happyfeet