XXV

Bloodlust

 

'Let's go,' Donghae said. He took the girl's hand and led her toward the alley.

Sehun had to remind himself to breathe. What was Donghae doing back at the club? Where had he come from? Sehun scanned the parking lot, looking for Chanyeol. Surely his friend would have called him to say Donghae was heading back to The Dreamhouse.

But it was Suho with that girl, a voice whispered in Sehun's head. He had been certain that it was Suho. It made no sense. How could the girl be with Suho one second and with Donghae the next?

She couldn't be, Sehun thought. Unless Suho made himself look like Donghae!

And, with that thought, Sehun yanked out his cell and called Chanyeol, who answered on the first ring.

'Chanyeol, where's Donghae?' Sehun demanded. 'You still following him?'

'Yeah. He's at Duke's Burgers. Been here for more than an hour,' Chanyeol complained. ' Just him and his friend. I wish they'd go home if they're not going to commit any crimes.'

 

Sehun's heart was thumping so hard he was surprised Chanyeol couldn't hear it. 'You're sure he's still there right now?'

'Yes. He's eating French fires and telling jokes. His boys are laughing. I'm looking right at him.'

'So am I,' Sehun murmured. 'Donghae and that redhead he was with earlier have just disappeared around the side of the club.'

'What?' Chanyeol cried.

'Just stay on Donghae. Don't let him leave your sight,' Sehun said. He hung up on the phone and ran toward the alley. He thought he knew what was going on now, and it was very, very bad. If Donghae was sitting in a burger bar, then it had to be Suho holding hands with the redhead. And there was only one way that Suho could have made himself look like Donghae Lee: he had to be a vampire.

Sehun raced around The Dreamhouse and into the alley. It was darker here - the moon was blocked by the two-storey building and there were no lights. The sound of the surf drifted up from the beach behind the alley, but Sehun had a hard time believing there was any beach access from back here. The alley was filled with dumpsters for the club and some old rusted bar stools. Besides The Dreamhouse, the nearest building was three hundred yards away. There was absolutely no reason for anyone to come into this alley, unless they were here to drop off some supplies at the service entrance to the club, or to pick up the garbage. Why would anyone bother putting in an access path to the beach?

 

He's going to kill her, Sehun thought with absolute certainty. Soft laughter drifted toward him from somewhere up ahead. He hurried forward, running softly to keep from being heard. Finally he spotted them, up against the concrete wall of the club, making out. Suho's hands were in her red hair, and his lips were on her neck. He opened his mouth, and Sehun saw the moonlight glint off vicious fangs as plunged them into the girl's flesh.

Sehun shouted, 'Hey!' and the vampire looked up.

He still looked like Donghae in almost every way. But his eyes met Sehun's. Brown orbs, shining in the darkness, as if they were lit from within. There was no humanity there, only evil and uncontrolled desire: bloodlust.

This was what Yuri had described - pure, pulsating hunger for human blood. There was nothing behind those eyes except an unnatural need. But of one thing Sehun was completely certain: they were Suho's eyes.

Sehun actually felt a momentary sense of relief as everything finally added up. It had been Suho all along. He's been impersonating Donghae the whole time - even at Hyoyeon's yacht party - and so Donghae had gotten arrested, not Suho. No one had even seen Suho near the dead girl. Well, except Donghae, Sehun remembered, but nobody had believed him.

 

Suho was staring at Sehun now, his fangs still sunk into the skin of the girl's neck.

'I think we've got some things to discuss,' Sehun said firmly. He took a step toward the vampire.

Suho lifted his head, and released the girl's neck. Blood dripped form the corner of his mouth, black as oil in the darkness. The redhead swooned, falling back against the wall of the club, almost unconscious. She raised her hand to her neck, smearing blood all over herself. But when she saw it on her fingers, she only laughed as if it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen.

'Get out of here!' Sehun told her. 'Run. Go!'

The girl looked up at him, still smiling vaguely as if she'd had too much nitrous oxide at the dentist's surgery.

'Run!' Sehun yelled.

She blinked, confused, then turned to Suho. 'Donghae, what's going on?' she asked.

Suho smiled, his razor-sharp fangs showing white against the darkness. His eyes still glowed with lust. 'It's your lucky day,' he hissed at the girl.

Finally she seemed to snap out of her trance. Staring at the atrocity that was Suho's mouth, she backed away. Sehun grabbed her arms and shoved her toward the entrance of the alley. Tears streaking her face, she stumbled into a run. He watched her until she disappeared around the corner of the building. Then he turned to face the vampire.

Suho his lips and smiled a bloody smile. 'It's nice of you to take her place,' he growled, his voice at least an octave lower than normal. 'I generally prefer female blood, but if it means so much to you, I'll be happy to drink yours instead.'

 

Sehun felt a thrill of fear as he stared at the creature before him: a vampire. It was like a fever nightmare come to life.

Suho chuckled. The sound was grating, like metal scraping against metal. And somehow it cleared through the fog of fear in Sehun's brain. No matter what the guy was, he'd killed an innocent girl. And he intended to kill again. Sehun wasn't about to let that happen.

'Sorry. I'm not up for getting drained by a blood-lusting freak tonight,' he said grimly.

Suho's laughter echoed off the walls of the building as he began to change. His face twisted, losing any hint of Donghae's features. Gradually the face of Suho emerged. The same face that Suho wore when he sat at Sehun's lunch table in the school cafeteria. But then his body began to change, as well. The muscles of his arms expanded, growing to twice their normal size. His legs and torso lengthened. Even his neck seemed to stretch as he grew half a foot taller, so that he now towered over Sehun.

Finally Suho stood still - impossibly tall and strong, improbably massive. His upper lip curled and he let out a low snarl.

Sehun's neck spasmed as if his body remembered the last fight he'd had with a vampire - Eunhyuk. The guy had been kind of thin, and not very muscular, but he'd almost squeezed Sehun's throat closed before Sehun had managed to defend himself. His strength had been entirely out of proportion to his size.

But Suho was huge. Sehun couldn't even imagine how strong he was. He swallowed hard and balled his hands into fists. There was no way to escape. All he could do was fight.

 

Sehun went on the offensive, dropping into a fighting stance and then springing forward with a series of jabs to Suho's torso. He got in a few solid hits, but the guy barely seemed to notice. He grabbed Sehun's hand mid-swing and jerked him forward, toward those flashing fangs.

Sehun's old ju-jitsu training cut in, and he ducked, still going forward, using the force of Suho's own move against him. Suho stumbled backwards, thrown off balance. Sehun took advantage of the vampire's confusion to get in a roundhouse kick to the chest. Suho stumbled even further back.

But then he laughed. In one move, he lunged forward and backhanded Sehun across the face. The blow was so strong that Sehun's head snapped to the side and he fell. Suho was on him immediately, pinning Sehun on the ground. He bared his fangs. 'Did you really think you could stop me?' he snarled.

'No... But I can,' a cold voice replied.

Suho leaped off Sehun and scanned the alley.

Sehun looked around curiously, too, as he scrambled to his feet. But there was nobody there; nobody had entered the alley. And yet, by the time he turned back to Suho, Kris Wu stood between them.

 

 

*Note - So Suho is the bad guy here. Sorry Suho fans~ I love him (not this character though). Woah... so Kris makes an entrance. What is he doing in the alley with Sehun and Suho?