XII

Bloodlust

'Sorry, Luna. I'm with your mom on this one,' Sehun's father said at dinner the next night. 'A yacht, alcohol, and no way to get someone to come pick you up if there's trouble...'

'It's a bad idea,' Mrs Oh finished for him. 'I'm surprised this girl's parents are even allowing her to have a party on their boat.

'Yacht,' Sehun corrected automatically. Nobody in Malibu said 'boat' unless they were talking about a really old, huge car. And Hyoyeon's party was definitely taking place on a yacht. He'd heard enough about it at school today to be Absolut-ely sure of that, along with the exact length on the yacht and how many separate cabins it had.

'But Sehun will be there,' Luna pleaded, eyes darting hopefully from one parent to the other. 'And Hyoyeon is completely responsible.'

Sehun couldn't agree with his sister on that one. Hyoyeon was flirtatious and as cute as a basket of kittens. But responsible? Hell, no. Inviting a guy to body-shot her in front of her insanely jealous boyfriend - that was pretty much the anti of responsible.

 

'When we've gotten to know some of these kids personally-' Sehun's mom began.

'Fine. Pick a night. I'll invite them all over for charades and square-dancing and Hi-C fruit punch. Or is that still too racy for you? Luna demanded sarcastically. She stood up, grabbed her plate, dropped the silverware on top with a clatter and headed into the kitchen.

Sehun glanced at his watch. The Luna/Mom-with-a-minor-assist-from-Dad conversation about the party had lasted under three minutes. It wasn't like Luna to give up so easily. But it was only Tuesday night. The party was on Saturday. Sehun figured his sister was plotting Round Two even now.

 

By the time Saturday rolled around, Luna still hadn't made another play to get herself on the yacht. She didn't even shoot their mom a my-life-is-hell-thanks-to-you look when Sehun took off in the VW, leaving her behind. Obviously she had something up her sleeve; Luna wasn't the type to allow a parental party ban ruin her night. Sehun hoped that he wasn't going to have to deal with the fallout.

Not that he was sorry when he found himself standing on the aft deck of the Moulin Rouge with no little sister to watch over. He leaned on the rail and took in the sight of Surfrider Beach going golden in the sunset, the sand and the high bluffs behind it practically glowing in the evening light. Surfers riding the waves seemed to be skimming over swells of molten gold, and when Sehun turned to look at the sky, his breath caught in his throat; the sun looked huge, a pulsing orange orb that appeared to be sinking directly into the ocean a few miles away. Sehun almost expected to see steam when the fiery circle hit the water.

Orangey-pink light glinted off the dark wood decks of the yacht, a 60-foot-long vintage Chris Craft Commander in pristine condition. Sehun couldn't even begin to guess how much a ship like this cost, but at the moment he'd be willing to say it was worth every penny. Between the sunset, the cool ocean breeze, and the gleaming chrome and wood of the yacht, he felt as if he'd stepped into some kind of fantasy world.

 

'Kissabull?' a laughing voice demanded behind him. Sehun turned and saw Hyoyeon balancing a tray of drinks in one hand. She was barefoot and wore a bikini top with one of those skirts that is basically a piece of cloth and a knot. Plus, the little diamond glittered next to her belly button and silver rings shone on a couple of her toes.

'Kissable?' Sehun repeated, because he wasn't sure what to say. Was she asking him if he was or telling him that she was?

'Wait. No. For you, a Malibull. Since you're new to Malibu. Ever had one?' Hyoyeon asked as she selected a pale green drink from the tray and handed it to him.

'This will be my first,' Sehun admitted.

'It's Midori, pineapple juice and Red Bull,' Hyoyeon told him. 'If you don't like it, the Kissable has Grape Pucker and the Bullionaire has gin, o.j. and cranberry juice.'

'Almost a sports drink then!' Sehun said with a grin, not liking to admit he had no idea what Midori - or Grape Pucker, for that matter - actually was. He took a sip of his drink. It was a weak, sweet girly thing, with only the tiniest bit of kick. It tasted exactly like something he'd expect Hyoyeon to serve. He smiled at her. 'Thanks!'

'I live to serve. But only the first round. Then the crew takes over.' Hyoyeon moved on with her tray.

 

A moment later, Chen took her place in front of Sehun. He shook his head when he saw the drink in Sehun's hand. 'If you're trying to get a little happy-head, I gotta tell you that thing is only a few steps above non-alcoholic beer.' He shook his glass. 'Vodka and tonic. Now this is the real deal.'

Sehun grabbed Chen's drink and took a pull.

'Hey!' Chen protested.

Sehun grinned. 'I'm doing you a favor.' He handed Chen the Malibull. 'You'll thank me at practice on Monday. Don't want a repeat of last week.'

'Chen, I've been looking for you.' A tall girl in a shortie wetsuit sauntered over to them. 'You said you'd snorkel with me.'

'I thought you meant the kind of snorkeling we did at Luhan's party,' Chen joked.

The girl gave him a playful slap on the arm. 'I'm Tiffany, by the way,' she told Sehun as she twisted her long golden-brown hair into a bun at the back of her head. 'Since Chen's too rude to introduce us.'

Chen rolled his eyes. 'Tiffany's on the girl's relay team. A medley swimmer like us,' he said. He ran his hand down the form-fitting neoprene that fit Tiffany like a snake's skin.

'I should have known you're a swimmer,' Tiffany said. Her brown eyes meandered over Sehun's body. 'You've got the build for it. You want to be my snorkeling buddy if Chen isn't-?'
'Chen is,' Chen interrupted. 'And Sehun has plans of his own.'

 

Sehun took the hint and wandered to the other side of the deck. There was plenty of room for wandering on this yacht. He spotted Suho standing by himself, as usual, and staring into the foamy white wake.

'Hey,' Sehun greeted him. 'I didn't expect to see the mysterious school loner at a party. I don't think I've ever seen you away from our lunch table.'

Suho's lips twisted into a wry smile. 'Sometimes I like to do the lonely-in-a-crowd variation. Just to mix things up.'

'First time I've seen you without a book in your hands, too,' Sehun commented, leaning on the rail next to him.

Suho pulled a novel out of his back pocket. Sehun took that as another hint.

'Okay. I'll let you get to it,' he said and headed down the stairs and into a lounge with a widescreen TV and a killer sound system. Guster bongoed away out of multiple speakers, and he noticed Chanyeol standing in the entrance to the hallway across the room, filming as always.

Sehun finished off his vodka and tonic as he wove through the crowd and over to his friend. He followed the angle of Chanyeol's camera, and found himself looking into one of the cabins. More specifically, at Sohee sprawled on top of some guy, on the bed. Her hands were wrapped in the guy's longish hair and was suctioned onto his.

Uh-oh, Sehun thought.

'This is not the movie you want to make,' he told Chanyeol, grabbing him by the back of the shirt and pulling him out of the hall. 'What would Wes Anderson think? Or were there some os on his credit list that you forgot to tell me about?'

Chanyeol lowered the camera. 'Donghae Lee. Happy Gilmore is probably the guy's favorite movie, and she's in there...' His voice trailed off and he just stood there, looking crushed.

 

Sehun decided a change of subject - and surroundings - was necessary. 'I heard there's a hot tub on the foredeck. Let's go check it out.' He nudged Chanyeol back into the lounge. 'And by it, I mean the girls in it. Sohee's hot and film-literate, granted, but don't tell me she's the only one for you. There's no such thing,' he said, immediately thinking of Yuri.

'Donghae Lee,' Chanyeol said again, shaking his head as he couldn't believe it.

Sehun gently pulled the camera out of Chanyeol's hand and stowed it behind a chair. He snagged a few drinks from passing waiter in some faux version of a naval uniform, handed one to Chanyeol, and held his own up in toast. 'To moving on and meeting new women,' he said firmly. 'Drink up.'

Chanyeol reluctantly clinked glasses with him, then drained his drink in one long swallow. 'That's disgusting,' he commented, wiping his mouth.

'I'll say,' Sehun agreed, finishing his own drink. 'But hopefully it will be effective! Let's go.' He led the way back to the stairs.

Two girls were coming down as they started up. Two girls who looked very much like his sister and Sunny.

 

'Hi!' Luna said brightly.

Sehun groaned. He'd been hoping he was wrong about Luna's secret plans for the night. 'I knew you were going to pull something like this.' Sehun sighed. 'How dumb are Mom and Dad not to guess where you are tonight?'

Luna's eyes sparkled. 'What they don't know won't hurt them.'

'They think she's sleeping over at my place,' Sunny explained.

'Shhh,' Luna told Sehun, putting a finger to her lips.

'You better watch yourself if you expect me to "shhh"', Sehun said, nodding towards the two drinks in her hands.

'Don't worry. The rum is for my new friend, Yongguk, down there. Mine's just pure o.j.' Luna crossed her heart, without sloshing either drink, as she and Sunny slipped past Sehun and Chanyeol.

Sehun shook his head. 'You know this guy Yongguk?' he asked Chanyeol, sliding into big brother mode.

'Senior. Basketball player. Hangs with Kris Wu, when Kris deigns to attend school. Hasn't spent time with my father, the Chief of Police, if that's what you're asking,' Chanyeol replied, with a grin.

'No record. I guess that's something.' Sehun laughed.

 

He stepped out onto the deck and followed the sounds of laughing and splashing to the hot tub.

He stopped in surprise when he reached it: a huge hot tub, filled with people, drinking, laughing and making out. Well, there was really only one couple making out, but that was the only one that mattered. Luhan was facing Sehun. And in his arms was a girl with long black hair, kissing Luhan like she was drowning and he was oxygen. Sehun's face flushed and his muscles tensed. He couldn't get in the tub. He couldn't sit two feet away from Luhan and Yuri making out. He'd done his best to forget the kiss Yuri had laid on him when he'd driven her home from the last party, and to remember that she and Luhan were together. But that didn't mean he wanted a front row seat for their groping.

Luhan moved his lips from Yuri's mouth to her shoulder, turning her head a little in the bubbling water, and revealing not Yuri's face, but the face of Seohyun, a girl in Sehun's physics class.

Not Yuri. Relief spun through Sehun's body. It wasn't Yuri making out with Luhan. Then he realized exactly what he was seeing. Not Yuri. Sehun's relief quickly turned to shock, then bewilderment. Luhan was cheating on Yuri!

 

 

*Note - Wow, Hyoyeon's party has been having all these crazy events!
Poor Chanyeol seeing Sohee in a situation that he really didn't want to see. Also, LUHAN! What are you doing?!?! is going down!!! Haha~