Oh no...

At 30

"Short hair, always rapping in the hallways?"

I remembered Amber quite well. Back in high school, she showed me how to use the P.A system and DJ set and she won the school's annual dance competition on her own.

"Yeah, that's her" Kris nodded at my description before taking a sip of water, "Well, she visited me at my office, to greet me at my new job"

"So that's why you were late?" I asked, trying to hide the fact that I was disappointed that another girl had kept him from eating lumch with me- that he promised,

"Mm" He cut the conversation short, taking another bite of the apple that I had grabbed, 

"That's all?" 

"And she came to tell me that she has been taken in here as the new dance teacher" Kris sput out in one go, leaving me with a  few moments to regather my thoughts,

"I guess that's... good" 

For some reason I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was as I left my bowl of salad at the top of the table.

"Well yeah" Kris realised a sudden change in my tone, before touching my forehead, "Are you feeling okay?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I shook off his hand and abruptly rose from the cafeteria table,

"I think I left this week's answer sheet on my desk"

I came up with first legitimate excuse before pacing towards my empty classroom.


I wasn't supposed to feel this way. Me? Jealous? Please.

Its been said by my numerous friends that I could get any guy I want. I mean, I did end up dating Minho who was the school's all rounder Kingka- not that it ended spectacularly. So why did it come to this point, these feelings for my 'close friend'?

I threw the poor duster at the chalkboard, watching the dust linger in the afternoon classroom air. I was finished for the day as I didn't have a class scheduled. I had been here since I ran away at lunch.

I expected but didn't expect Kris to run after me. Not because I like him. but because even before that- we're supposed to be friends.

Suddenly, the doorknob of the classroom door began to fiddle, causing me to rise from my moapy position seated on the students desk, to standing with my skirt straightened.

"You may come in" I called out, already knowing that it wasn't Kris because if it were, he wouldve already happily barged in.

The door opened slowly, revealing a young woman, probably the same age as me dressed in sweats, her short hair topped with a snapback cap.

"It couldn't be" I said aloud, "Amber?"

"No way?! ____!"

Amber burst through the door and ran towards me giving me a great big hug, so tight that I couldn't even move my arms to return the favour,

"What are you doing here?!" She asked ecstatically, her eyes widened,

"I'm a teacher" I replied calmly, just in case she burst out wildly again,

"Well, it looks like we'll be teachers together" Amber grinned, appearing to almost break out in dance, "Oh my gosh, with Kris too!"

I nodded, too scared to move.

"I heard you're teaching dance?" I tried to make conversation to avoid any more awkward moments, 

Amber nodded and gave me an eye smile,

"When I found out that Kris also teaches here, you don't know how happy I was!" She bit her lip as her cheeks began to  flush a pink shade,

Oh no. She has a thing for Kris. My Kris. Oh no. Oh no...

"You like him?" My mouth blurted out the words before I had a chance to think it over, 

She pulled off her cap and covered her face before being able to look me straight in the face,

"You won't tell him, right?" Amber said softly, now timid and shy.

I remained silent for a few seconds and could see Amber pleading earnestly with all her might. At the end of the day, she was also my friend and Kris also happens to be one of my closest friends too. I couldn't imagine working with either of them it I ruined their friendship by spilling her secret.

But there was also the fact that Kris would be turning 30 real soon. What if in the time between now and then, something sparks between the two of them? I'd be saying goodbye to an easy opportunity of getting married.

What to do?!

"I w-"

"There you two are!"

Kris walked casually into my classroom, and it was as if the three of us were back in high school, where he would walk into the room and every girl's heart would melt.

Amber instantly put her cap back on as I cleared my throat, acting as if nothing important was happening.

"You found us!" I said sarcastically before heading to my table to pack up my papers,

Amber was awkwardly silent, flustered by the presence of Kris who geniusly decided to stand next to her. That boy...

"It's hard to believe that the three of us would end up back here" He said openly, gazing around the classroom, till he stopped to glance solely at me, "Hey ___, since we didn't have that lunch date, how about dinner?"

"Dinner? Again?" I questioned him, it was only last night that we went out of samgyupsal,

"Yeah!" Kris was defiant, "We can go karaoke too"

The tension in the air begun to get strange as Amber appeared as a third wheel in the conversation. I felt bad for her, especially since I knew her feelings- even if they clashed with mine.

"Hey Amber" I did the one thing I didn't think I'd do, "You should come too, it can be a celebration or something"

She nodded happily, I could almost see the gleam in her eyes as Kris put an arm around her,

"Great idea! This is going to be fun!" 

Or is it?


Do you ship Krisber or youxkris? HEHE

I wonder what's going to happen at the three way date!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe (if you haven't!)

I love your feedback :D

Stay tuned for more!!!