What?

At 30

"Now who can tell me which artist cut off his own ear"

The class was silent. Not a single student raised their hand to answer or even try. It was always awkward whenever this happened when I was teaching. 

"Miss ____"

I looked intently at the whole class but it appeared that the voice that had called me wasn't from any of them. 

"Miss!" 

Kris stepped into my classroom, only just fitting through its door; his perfect hair brushing the top of the door post.

"I believe the answer is Van Gough" He answered with a smirk on his voice, 

"Correct" I smiled, happy that someone had answered, and that it was Kris.

It was only first period and I assumed that the students were still half asleep, so I gave them some readings to buy me some time to speak with Kris just outside the classroom.

"Well, it looks like you really did become the great teacher you always said you wanted to be" Kris said whilst gesturing to the somewhat well behaved students,

"Eh" I tried to remain cool, "I try"

Chuckling, Kris put his hands in his gym pants pockets before getting straight to the point,

"Since I'm here" He started off, "I might as well ask you if you want to go to lunch together"

"I'm sort of teaching my class right now" I teased, knowing that he'd get the joke.

"I meant later" Kris rolled his eyes before poking me on my arm,

I quickly glanced at my senior art history class just in case they were getting rowdy- and just in case they saw that poke. So far, so good.

"Did you really quit the high life just to eat lunch with me?" I teased again.

My flirty side began to show. It always happened naturally, even as teenagers there were moments where there would be this flirty tension between Kris and I- yet we never crossed that line.

As I bit my lip, I could see in his eyes that he was going to play along.

"Maybe I did" Kris gave me this one look that forced me to hide my blushing cheeks with my hands,

"I'm sure" I tried not to fall victim to his good looks.

Oh no. This wasn't happening. I was not caving into Kris, or was I? He always had this effect on girls and women alike- I just never thought that I'd be just another one of those girls to him.

"1 PM, The Cafeteria" Kris ended the conversation with his signature wink, leaving me speechless and my class finally awake.

"Oooooh!" 

I paced back into the classroom, only to see the girls giggling behind their textbooks and the boys with scheming faces.

"Miss, is this why you're so happy all of a sudden?" Min Joon raised his hand, "Are you and Coach Wu dating?"


1 PM. On the dot, yet Kris hadnt shown up yet. Usually he would always be the first one to arrive for outings or events but it seemed that quite possibly, Kris had changed.

"Miss ____?"

Immediately, I turned around in my seat in the teachers lounge in the cafeteria, expecting to see Kris but instead it was one of my students, SooKyung with her art book in hand,

"What's up?" I asked casually, though my gaze was redirected to the doors of the caf, just incase a certain Coach would walk in.

SooKyung nodded before handing her book to me along with a pink fluffy pen,

"Miss... Is it possible to get Coach Wu's phone number?"

Instantly dropping the pen to the floor beneath the table, I questioned my usually well behaved student,

"Lee SooKyung" I rose an eyebrow at her as she hid beneath her fringe, "I don't think that's an appropriate thing to ask"

"But aren't you close with Coach?" She persisted, "I promise I won't share it with anyone else!"

"That's besides the point" I bent down to pick up the pen, seeing that it was the least that I could give her, "You're a student, Coach Wu is a teacher. That's wrong"

"What's wrong?"

At the sound of Kris' voice I rose back up from picking up the pen only to hit my head on the cold cafeteria table. Nice one ____.

"Good afternoon Coach" SooKyung bowed before quickly reaching for her art book to cover her blushing face,

"Oh, Hello" Kris returned the greeting with a nod as he sat himself and his tray of lunch, opposite from me, "So what were you two talking about?"

"Well, SooKyung here was just asking if-"

"Never mind!" SooKyung bowed again, "I'll ask another time"

Without another word, she fled back to the table where her anticipating friends had gathered around only to be disappointed with her for not returning with Kris' number.

"You're late" I said seriously, trying my best to make him feel guilty,

"Right" Kris bit into his apple, "I got caught up"

"With what?" 

He took another bite of his apple, as if avoiding my question, 

"Or should I be asking, with who?" I grabbed the apple from his hand leaving him with his mouth gaping and no choice but to answer me,

"_____" Kris let my name linger in his mouth for a little, "Do you remember Amber?"


Ooooh! Is Amber in town??? ㅋㅋㅋ

Stay tuned for the next chapter to see what unfolds! & Don't forget to Subscribe, Vote and Comment ^^

It'd be much appreciated and encourages me to write more ;D stay lovely!♥