Nice to meet you, again.

At 30

[S.M High Graduation / 13 Years Ago]

"So you want me to promise that I won't look at another girl till then?"

I slapped Kris on the arm; even now I still can't tell the difference between him acting dumb or truly being clueless. I was going to miss this.

"No pabo" I shook my head, raising my voice slightly as the commotion of the ending of the graduatiom ceremony over powered our conversation, "We're both allowed to date and see other people. But if by the age of 30, we haven't found 'the one', then you have to propose to me!"

"Why can't you be the one to propose?" Kris raised an eyebrow, beginning to understand the deal,

"Fine, you can live forever alone!" I shrugged, knowing that he would cave in,

"I'm joking" He grinned slightly, giving me his hand, "Deal"

"No, not a deal- Promise!"

---

[S.M High / Present Day]

"The two of you- Detention!"

What was up with students constantly quarreling? I swear its as if they want to go to detention. Kids these days.

"But Miss!!!" Minah pleaded, I could see it in her eyes, "I have extra credit classes right after school. I can't miss another lesson!"

"Miss!!!" Kibum was more frustrated about it, "I've got basketball practice. If I'm not there, I won't be able to play in next week's game!"

"Now you know" I folded my arms, the class had now silenced as they watched what had unfolded, "Disrupt the class and I will disrupt your other classes"

The rest of the students became meek; they knew I wasn't usually like this. I have the reputation of being the creative, high spirited art teacher- but mess up my meticulously organised scheduling of every class and the claws will come out.

"It's cause her boyfriend broke up with her" Kibum whispered beneath his breath to Minah,

Wrong. I was the one who broke up with Minho, thank you.

"I'll speak to both of your teachers" I ignored Kibum's comment, "Your detention will be brief. But fail to attend and I'll add on another week"

The bell rung, signalling the end of period three and I could see the class eager to get out for lunch.

"Class dismissed" 


Minah's extra credit class teacher was fine with her coming late to her after school class, which was relief, seeing that I wasn't quite in the mood for any disagreements since this day felt like it was dragging on for too long.

Next on the list: Coach Kim.

I had already planned how to convince Coach Kim to allow Kibum to play in their next game but also make him go to detention. All it took was a bottle of soju.

I've always caught Coach Kim slipping a drink in his office- even during staff meetings, so this would be an easy win.

The way to his office was through the basketball courts themselves. I remember standing there for graduation. The court had been decorated in pink and white with a great big banner and under that banner, I remember that promise.

"Coach Kim!" I cooed as soon as I entered the courts, my black heels clicking against the wooden floor, "Coach Kim, are you here?"

Out of no where, a basketball began to roll slowly in my direction, eventually stopping at my feet. 

Placing the paper bag that contained the bottle of soju under my arm, I picked up the basketball. He must be here.

"Sorry about that!" A voice replied to the sound of me bouncing the ball. Except it wasn't husky like that of Coach Kim. It was deep yet there was something boyish and youthful about it.

"Coach-" I was about to repeat myself for the thousandth time, "Kris?!"

"Wait- how'd you know my-" Kris was just as bewildered, "____?! "

I could recognise that well structured face anywhere as well as that height that still surpassed me so greatly, even if I'm wearing my tallest heels.

He looked so good as if he didn't age at all and as he now stood infront of me, I was almost caught speechless.

"What are you doing here?" Kris smiled, surprisingly enough.

"What do you mean?" I placed my hand on my hip, finally regaining conciousness, "I teach here. What are you doing here Mr.Too-busy-and-famous-to-tell-everyone-how-he's-going ?"

Chuckling at my sarcasm, Kris cheekily grabbed the ball from my grasp before answering my question,

"I've retired from the pro basketball life" He spun the ball on one finger then caught it before it would fall, 

"At the age of 29?" I raised an eyebrow at him, "No, seriously"

"What? I really have" Kris said honestly, "Plus, it's my birthday next month. My 30th birthday"

"And?" 

"Oh come on, don't act like you don't remember" He grabbed my hand, placing it in his.

My heart began to beat double time with his touch. It had been so long since I last saw him. How could I feel this way?

Still, he remembered. Kris Wu remembered.

He couldn't remember the day we met, yet he remembered that one promise.

"Happy Birthday?" I handed him the soju, trying to change the direction of the conversation.

Kris put on a confused face then started to unwrap the brown paper that wrapped the soju,

"Oh ____" He held my hand tighter, "You really haven't changed!"

I let go of his grasp, tugging my hand back as Kris held up the bottle,

"So, will you...."


Ooooh! Cliffhanger on the first chapter ㅋㅋㅋㅋ  

A big thank you to my first subscribers ♥♥♥ (& the ones to come)

Don't forget to comment, vote & subscribe (if you haven't ^^)

& Please continue to read 'At 30' ♥♥♥