Wishes

When Fate Meets Love

Chapter 5 "Wishes"

 

 

Kyungsoo and Jong In remained very sweet with Lisa and Jae Mi. They sometimes hangout every night at the garden just to chat and get along. The rest of the members were really confused of what the two boys werr up to. Some of them felt jealousy, but some is just annoyed thinking that maybe just maybe the two boys like the two girls.
 
One sunny morning, the boys were at the garden. Sehun were watering the plants with Luhan. YiXing and Jongdae were cutting some of the leaves to make the plant look nicer. The other members are having their own little world. The playful maknae thought of a evil plan, He went to his Hyung Luhan and points the hose which makes his Hyung all wet.
 
"YAH! SEHUNIE!" Luhan shouted then made his revenge he also got Sehun all wet.
 
"HAHAHA!!" They both laugh and run at the garden. The boys were not contented they made their way to the other members and make them all wet. They started running all over the garden. Lisa and Jae Mi went out side to see what's happening and they were both shock seeing 12 beautiful male gods that is all wet showing their perfect toned bodies. They came back to their senses when Baekhyun and Chanyeol poured water on them which made them scream. They were all acting like kids, after all the running they all lay down at the grass and catching their breathes.
 
"when was the last time we had this fun?" JoonMyeon said
 
"I don't know all I can remember is singing and dancing training with you guys" Minseok said
 
"Hey guys why don't we play douge ball? Like old times" Sehun said in a cheerful tone.
 
"GAME!" they all shouted
 
"Are we allowed to join?" Lisa said to the boys
 
"YES! it will be fun" Jongdae said while standing up.
 
"Ok so let's team up" JoonMyeon said.
 
They decided to play Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide the two teams. Team 1 has Jae Mi, Jong In, Luhan, YiFan, Minseok, YiXing and JoonMyeon. Team 2 has Lisa, ZiTao, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.
 
The game started and was all having fun. Jong In is protecting Jae Mi from the ball. Kyungsoo is also protecting Lisa. When Lisa was out Kyungsoo made himself to get hit intentionally. He wants to hang out with Lisa. Out of nowhere Yi Fan just tossed the ball from nowhere then starts to walk out ZiTao followed him.
 
"What happened to him" Chanyeol said
 
"I don't know" Barkhyun said putting his hands on his waist
 
"tch! that guy he really have an anger issue" Chanyeol said while putting his arms across Barkhyun's shoulder.
 
"I CAN SMELL JEALOUSY!" Jongdae said in full of confidence. The members just look at him and started laughing
 
"NO WAY! That cold guy has a heart? HAHAHA you're really funny Hyung" Sehun said while holding his stomach.
 
"YOU GUYS ACT LIKE THAT YOU EVEN FEEL THE SAME!" Jongdae shouted at them. Everyone stopped laughing then headed inside the house.
 
 
Mean while YiFan just walks out and went to the fish pond which is located at the front yard. He sits at the bench and leave a heavy sigh.
 
"Why did I even did that?" YiFan said brushing his hands on his brownish hair.
 
"That's the same question I wanna ask" ZiTao said to his Gege.
 
"I don't know I just felt angry when I saw Lisa with Kyungsoo. She was smiling like a crazy kid" YiFan said while looking at afar.
 
"Are you jealous?" ZiTao said, YiFan just look at him straight to his eyes and said NO!.
 
"If your not why are you acting like this?. I know you and this is the first time I saw you like this." ZiTao paused for a while the leave sigh. "Fine I'll admit it I'm jealous of JongIn and Jae Mi, they always hangout like their having fun. She always smile at the other members even you smiles at you but she doesn't do it to me. I want to see her smile for me too, I'm also the maknae right? and I'm cuter than Jong In I can do aegyo, wushu and even rap. It's really frustating you know that Gege?" ZiTao said. He can feel YiFan is looking at him. "I like Jae Mi" he added then look at YiFan.
 
YiFan started looking at the sky. He heard ZiTao speak again and automatically his heartbeat went crazy. "What about you Gege?. Do you like Lisa?
 
"I told you already I don't like her" Yifan said not looking at ZiTao.
 
"oh?. Really you know what Gege Kyungsoo Hyung and Lisa really looks good together. They both look like a real couple, I know Hyung can take good care of her and also...." ZiTao was cut off by Yifan's word which made the ZiTao smile.
 
"We look MUCH MORE BETTER TOGETHER!. Ok I'll admit it I like Lisa she has this personality that she needs to be treated like a PRINCESS. She has this smile that can make my heart melt. Her eyes shine like the stars, her eyes that express everything that she feels. Seeing her cry last time was really nothing for me but when I saw the smile that she always show when she's with Kyungsoo I got really angry. ok maybe that's what you called jealousy but I want to be the reason behind that smile, the only person to see that beautiful smile of hers and the one to wipe her tears away." YiFan
 
 
After the game and the merciful lunch, Kyungsoo and Jong In thought of a plan  to get close to the two girls. 
 
They constructed plans at their room meticulously. Every detail counts for a perfect night that may seem like a date.
 
 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin started preparing in the afternoon. They had a time alone at the kitchen while everyone is doing their afternoon siesta --- sleeping and idling at their rooms. Lisa and Jae Mi was tasked to do the groceryand since it is their first time to shop, it took them long to look for the grocery around the island. 
 
Kyungsoo cooked the food, Jong In helped him. 
 
“Hyung, can I taste?,” Jong In begged, the beefs Kyungsoo is grilling are so aromatic. It made Jong In’s tummy growl. Kyungsoo, not resisting his dongsaeng’s favor picked a cooked beef from the griller and feed Jong In. 
 
“That’s enough. These are for them.,” Kyungsoo said. Jong In raised his thumbs up, telling how  good Kyungsoo’s beefs are. Kyungsoo flipped the beefs for even cooking.
 
“Hmm. What to do?,” Jong In seeked something to do touching every utensils beside Kyungsoo.
 
“Arrange everything at the rooftop.,” Kyungsoo suggested while focusing on cooking the beef. “One thing…,” he added.
 
“Hmm?,” Jong In asked wondering what is it. He raised his eyebrow.
 
“Make it simple, yet…. Sweet.,” he reminded Jong In.  Jong In grinned and walked away. He waved at Kyungsoo as he go upstairs.
 
For Kyungsoo, it is not important to have an answer now. It is too early. They’ve just met for days, just days and he doesn’t want everything rushed. He just want Lisa feel that Kyungsoo wants to know her more. As for Jong In, it’s the same. Both of them wants assurance, assurance that they were the first to show them and so make both of them important to Lisa and Jae Mi. It is a perfect reason to hold on.
 
Kyungsoo finished all the cooking just before the other members go downstairs from their sleep. He kept the dishes in plasticwares and hid them in a basket. He double checked if the stuffs needed for the meal is complete. They thought, stargazing is a perfect way to enjoy the night. 
 
The boys are already awake and some started cleaning the house. Kyungsoo remained guarding the kitchen.
 
“Hyung.,” Sehun approached Kyungsoo at the kitchen door. He’s half groggy from sleep.
 
“Oh. Nae?,” Kyungsoo asked trying to hide his nervousness.
 
“Where is Jong In?,” he asked looking around, seems looking for Jong In.
 
“Upstairs, at our room, sleeping.,” Kyungsoo alibied. Suddenly, Tao followed Sehun and stayed in his back, sniffing. 
 
“Hyung, what’s that smell?,” Tao continuously sniffed, trying to get into the kitchen.
 
“What smell?,” Kyungsoo sniffed too.
 
“Beef.,” Tao whispered. Kyungsoo felt nervous as Tao figured out the aroma he was smelling. “Are you cooking?,” he asked.
 
“Ugh, No.,” Kyungsoo answered, his face turned pale, not looking at Tao’s suspecting eyes.
 
“Oh, where are the two girls?,” Tao asked looking around. Sehun nodded noticing that the two girls are not there too.
 
“They went out for grocery.,” Kyungsoo answered recovering his paleness. That’s the only truth amongst all he have said. The two boys nodded and just as they were about to go, Jong In already went down. Dirts on his face and white shirt.
 
“Ya. Why are you so dirty?,” Tao asked him suspiciously again. Jong In looked at Kyungsoo and seeked for help. What should he answer? Kyungsoo mouthed ‘sleep’.
 
“I slept..,” he answered promptly. 
 
“That… dirty?,” Sehun asked crossing his arms like a wife investigating his husband. 
 
“---under the bed.,” Jong In answered half smiling. Kyungsoo just face palmed. 
 
The two pretended that nothing is happening the whole afternoon, ‘til the dusk came, ‘til night started and ‘til they had dinner. Jae Mi and Lisa came back just before the dinner, which made them all relieved, specially Kyungsoo and Jong In. Everything is going according to the plan.
 
After the delicious dinner, everyone decided to go to sleep, they were really tired of all the playings this day. The douge ball, the house cleaning, everything. Chanyeol stretched his arms before going inside their room, murmuring light goodnights at everyone. Kyungsoo and Jong In pretended to go to their rooms too.  After the lights were off at 11 PM, they went out of their room. It must be already enough, waiting for hours to execute this, all must be sleeping already. They walked to the hallway of the second floor taking the stairs up to the rooftop to prepare everything.
 
Kyungsoo went silently to the kitchen and reached for the basket he kept on the upper drawer. Jong In did all the finishing touches at the rooftop. After all was done, both of them prepared themselves. They made sure they look good for this night. They’re still in pajamas, but for them it is not important. Both of them looked presentable though.
Before leaving the room, Kyungsoo grabbed with him two mini telescopes. Jong In and Kyungsoo enjoys this kind of bonding so they bought telescopes together at Seoul before. 
A few walks and they reached the door of Jae Mi and Lisa. Both of them had their hearts almost pop in nervousness, but they calmed themselves.
 
“Breathe.,” Kyungsoo reminded Jong In, who abruptedly knocked on Jae Mi and Lisa’s door twice. They waited for a response. Kyungsoo silently prayed that the girls are still awake, it is a fair luck this late.
Suddenly, the knob twisted and the door opened, revealing a light of Television, a girl watching and laughing and a girl behind the door. 
 
“Yes?,” Jae Mi asked and shocked to see Kyungsoo and Jong In this late. Lisa who is watching Just for Gags looked at the door. She smiled and waved.
 
“You guys, still awake?,” Jong In said nervously.
 
“Nae. Omo. Did we woke you up guys? I’m sorry for being noisy.,” Jae Mi apologized. Lisa continuously laughing at the show.
 
“Ughm….,” Jong In can’t even utter a word and he is being covered with nervousness. Kyungsoo tapped his . “I… We…,” all he can say.
 
“We would like to invite you for a light snack.,” Kyungsoo smiled at Jae Mi. He saved Jong In for being a slow speaker. Jong In made a face, saying Aish to himself.
 
“Light snack?,” Jae Mi asked confused, she’s noticing that the two guys are being weird these days. “You’re being weird huh.,” she commented turning to look at Lisa who is busy watching the gag show. 
 
“Lisa.,” she called. Lisa stopped laughing and looked at her favorite unnie.
 
“Nae Unnie?,” she asked.
 
“Let’s come with them, they’ve prepared a snack.,” Jae Mi offered. As Lisa heard the word ‘snack’, she immediately followed like a hungry puppy. She turned the TV off and closed the door.
 
Kyungsoo and Jong In showed two hankies and blindfolded Jae Mi and Lisa. Jae Mi felt nervous about this but she remained calm as though she trusted both of the boys. On the other hand, Lisa is scared.
 
“Are you trying to kidnap us?,” Lisa asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo held her hand and assisted her waist so that she will be guided with the way.
 
“Trust me.,” Kyungsoo whispered. His cold breath and soft harmonizing tone tickled Lisa’s heart and that it thud fast.
 
“Jong In. I will catch you, if this is trouble.,” Jae Mi warned Jong In in a serious tone.  Jong In just chuckled and held Jae Mi the same way as Kyungsoo holding Lisa.
 
“Go on noona.,” he teased Jae Mi.
 
Going upstairs went easy, because Jong In and Kyungsoo knows the steps and how to guide them. Lisa kept on ranting small things as their journey to the rooftop is going on. Jae Mi remained calm squeezing Jong In’s hand. Jong In loved it and hold onto her even more.
 
At the edge of the stairs reveals another hallway and a classical door. Jae Mi felt that she is stepping into something which made her squeeze Jong In’s hand more releasing her nervousness. Lisa felt it too.
 
“Ugh, what are those?,” she asked and her hold at Kyungsoo’s hand is getting lighter. She wants to pick up something at her slippers. She successfully picked it up and stopped for a while analyzing that thing. It was soft and the shape is almondlike.They continued to walk. Jong In pushed the door and soft night breeze touched their skins.
 
“Rooftop.,” Jae Mi guessed where they are. Suddenly their blindfolds lighten as the two guys uncovered their eyes. Both of them gently opened their eyes.
 
 
 
(Author’s note: the chapter has not ended yet. Please play the music background on the other tab and read the next events while listening. Have fun!)
 
 
 
There revealed a pathway full of pink and red rose petals. Lisa looked at her hand and found what she picked up, a pink petal. 
 
“Woah.,” Lisa giggled and looked around.
 
“You guys love surprises, don’t you.,” Jae Mi said leaving Jong In’s hand and started looking around Like Lisa. She walked to the pathway and the other three just followed her. At the end of the pathway revealed candle lights patterned around a checkered rectangular mat. Both of the girls felt blush arising on their cheeks as they saw the most romantic view they could ever see. The island, the stars and these surprise. 
 
“So, this is the snack.,” Jae Mi said making both of the guys nod. Jong In held Jae Mi’s hand again, this time as if he is not letting go. He sat her on the mat gently and sat beside her afterwards. Kyungsoo felt that holding Lisa’s hand like Jong In did to Jae Mi would be awkward for her, so she just wrapped his arm around Lisa’s shoulder and held her on the other arm. Both of them sat on the mat simultaneously, supporting each other.
 
“Kyungsoo hyung, cooked specially for us.,” Jong In said pointing the basket behind Kyungsoo and Lisa. Kyungsoo reached for it and revealed it in front of them. He opened the foods and unpacked it, revealing; vegetables, beef, fruits and a juice.
 
“Wow, beef.,” Lisa pointed at the beef. Kyungsoo knew that Lisa would have a lot of interest in meats. He picked up the chopsticks and feed Lisa a piece of meat. Lisa felt her heart stopped for a moment.
 
Jae Mi saw the vegetables Kyungsoo packed and started grabbing the chopsticks. She tried to move her hand out of Jong In unconsciously, but Jong In held it tightly. Jae Mi looked at Jong In and she felt her heart beat more than of the normal. ‘Don’t look at me like that.’ She thought.
 
She picked some of the vegetables and feed Jong In. “You should eat vegetables.,” she said poking Jong In’s forehead. They both smiled. Jae Mi must admit, Jong In’s smile is a blessing.
 
“Kyungsoo oppa, stop feeding me.,” Lisa whined. Kyungsoo stopped frightened that maybe Lisa doesn’t like doing that. “Aigoo! Cute!,” she pinched Kyungsoo and grabbed the chopsticks from his hand. She picked the meat and feed Kyungsoo. “There, I’ll feed you.,” Kyungsoo’s heart melted.
 
“Jong In ah, let’s play a game. Rock paper scissors, winner: beef, loser: vegetables.,” Jae Mi suggested. Still, Jong In didn’t let go of her hand and played with the other hand. They exchanged victory til they consume all the food.
 
They were full. Indeed. Jae Mi leaned her body on the mat and Jong In did the same, lying beside her. She looked at Jong In and found the close distance between them. She immediately blushed as she saw closely, Jong In’s perfect features. 
 
“Hyung and I always stargaze if we have time.,” Jong In said looking at the stars. “Today, the sky is half southern and northern, we’re in the boundary.,” he added pointing at the sky, drawing lines through his index finger. “That is, the big dipper.,” he pointed a constellation.
 
“You knew a lot huh.,” Jae Mi commented.
 
“We have this book, but we forgot it in Seoul. We just have binoculars.,” and he handed the binocluars to Jae Mi. Jae Mi used it.
 
“Wow.,” she oohed, amazed by the view. “Big dipper.,” she whispered.
 
On the other hand, Kyungsoo helped Lisa to stand and guided her to the other end of the mat. He sat beside her and handed her the binoculars. “The sky is good today.,” Kyungsoo said.
 
“Nae.,” and Lisa used the binoculars. Suddenly, she patted the lens. “I cant see anything.,”
 
“O?,” Kyungsoo borrowed it and tried using it but he used it well, he handed it back to Lisa. “Here, my princess.,”
 
“Oppa.,” she smiled indicating that she is about to squeal. “It’s still not working.,” she said patting the lenses again.
 
“What must be the reason.,” Kyungsoo scratched his head and observed how Lisa use the binoculars. 
 
“It’s not like that.,” he corrected and went near Lisa wrapping his arms around her holding the binoculars in her eyes. She held the binoculars too, and their hands overlapped. Lisa sat comfortably leaning at Kyungsoo’s leg with his arms wrapped around her. She felt stinging happy sensations inside her. Her heart ticked like a clock, a happy clock.
 
“Omo! A falling star!,” Jae Mi exclaimed pointing at the sky. 
 
“Where?!,” Lisa asked Jae Mi.
 
“There! Omo! There’s so many!,” she said with joy. Jong In looked at her happily and watched her being amazed. ‘Dear star, I like this girl beside me. Can she stay by my side forever? Love, Jong In.’ he thought of while looking at Jaemi, who is smiling lovely while looking at the falling stars.
 
“Jong Innie, what did you wish for?,” Jae Mi asked him.
 
“Just one thing.,” he said.
 
“What? Palli, tell noona.,” Jae Mi whined.
 
“You… stay with me forever.,” Jong In said, Jaemi’s eyes widened and her heart rushed while looking at Jong In. Can this be the answer to her question? Why is Jong In different?
 
 
 
“Yeppeo.,” Lisa whispered. 
 
“Lisa-si, what did you wish for?,” Kyungsoo asked laying his head on Lisa’s shoulder, still wrapping his arms around her, at any moment now, he could hug her fully.
 
“For Kyungsoo oppa to be happy and may his wish come true.,” Lisa said and smiled at Kyungsoo, realizing the inch distance between their face. “What is your wish?,” Lisa asked innocently.
 
“For you…. To be MINE.,” and Kyungsoo smiled. Lisa’s heart gone wild and her cheeks turned real hot. She’s confused of her feelings, it is the first time she felt this weird butterflies inside her tummy. Kyungsoo laid back his head on her shoulder, this time, he hugged her. 
 
 
The night went long as they share stories together. They were happy, their hearts are full. Really full. On the screw, they weren’t aware of the two guys watching them silently in the dark.