First Year

Embracing Happiness

행복을 수용

첫해



July perfection. The season changes again. Sun's heat gets nicer every day and let's fall breeze wondering around a little bit. The smooth smell of rain and leaves fill people nostril, giving calmness and comfort. The sequences of drops fall quite often than last month, sweeping the dryness away. It's nicer to breathe now than before. Soft, humid wind really does make people relax.

There is no better month than July. Not just the weather, but the seventh month of the year has a big meaning for the entertainer couple. It was that month, right at the middle, a year ago, the two of them finally committed their heart. After a long insecurity and shaken feelings, they finally chose to be together.

Sehun clearly remembers what had happened last year. The soft chime of wind and leaves still echo in his ears sometimes. He still can feel the cold night breeze that shuddered him a year ago. There are sometimes when he has nothing to do, his mind will play back the past memories. It rolled in his mind like a brand new movie. Everything is so fresh and there is nothing forgotten.

It was almost midnight when EXO-K's member came back from their stage. The M's member already finished their schedule earlier, leaving the Korean sub to work some more.

His frantic heart was beating loudly as Sehun walked to his and his hyung shared room. The corridor was too quiet for his liking, except for his own foot step there was nothing else, and that made him more nervous. He had been making up his mind about this all day long and there was no way to backing up.

Truthfully, it had been a few hard months for him. Outside the business of their first comeback, he had been thought seriously about his feeling. Can he admit it?

Sehun didn't know when it was started. He never realized but, when he saw the latter with his other hyungs, he knows that his adoration towards him wasn't something simple. At the beginning he didn't notice his feeling but, as the years went by, he realized that he already fell hard for him.

For a teenager in his growing point, he had a very sensitive feeling. He almost ripped every person that interacts with his hyung. Every simple touches and talks made him crazy. The need to protect and take care of the other male grown inside him, just like the need of Luhan's presence.

Loving secretly was a very hard task for him. It's even harder than his training days. Sometimes he wanted to throw his feeling away, but, as soon as he saw the older smiling face, he had to admit that he fell even harder and deeper.

Carefully, he passed each torturing day, fighting with the urge owning the deer.

Using his age, Sehun did initiated some childish skin ship. Slowly but sure, he started to show his feeling towards him. Although it was a obvious that the former also started to treat him not as his dongsaeng, the lack of confidence always made him ignoring the truth, until Luhan's act smacked him hard.

One night, Sehun caught Luhan creeping to his room at midnight. Joonmyeon, who was the one that shared a room with him that time, was already slept like a grandpa, no sound and no movement. Darkness was engulfing the room but somehow he can feel that it was Luhan. Sehun pretended to sleep and closed his eyes.

"Sehun-ah..."

He could even hear the latter pouting.

"I don't know what to do. If I could choose, it will be better if I can stay here with you."

The pretending male could feel a finger softly brushed the strand of his hair away as Luhan whispers softly. The latter kept on mumbling about his anxiety and problem.

The night visit happened almost every day.  Luhan always shares his unease and then gradually mentions about his feeling towards the younger male. It was getting more obvious and clear. As night passed by, Sehun's insecurity decreased.

The dancer stopped in front of their door, the last thing that separates him from the other male. One deeper intake of breath and without bothered knocking, he turned the knob slowly.

The corner of his lips tugged upward instantly as he saw the sleeping figure. The older male has his body all curled beneath the cover, leaving only his head to be shown. Snoring softly, his lips parted slightly. His fluttering eyelashes stood out amongst his white skin.

A smile can't leave his lips as he continued admiring the beautiful sight. Slowly, his hand reached to caress the soft skin. It was only his finger tips that made the contact. He trailed softly, scared to break the fragile looking boy. From his eyebrows, down to his nose, then jaw. Sehun's finger then stopped at the other bottom lips. From one corner to the other, he let his pad enjoying the softness while fighting with his urge to bend down and claim the rosy pair.

In instant, his body got stiffens when Luhan moved slightly. The latter unconsciously had been leaned to his finger's soft touch before stirred. A pout form end on his lips as his hand reached up and rubbed the sleepiness out of him. Sehun only watched in silent as the other male eyelids fluttered open a little by a little followed by a soft, hoarse voice calling his name.

The dancer had to admit that he wanted to run away but the sight in front of him made his feet betraying his mind and made him frozen there.

"Sehun-ah"

One more call and the fluttering feelings on his heart made him knew that he didn't want to lose the boy. Just like now or never, with one last deep sigh, there he went.

A loud thud from the door startled Sehun from his memories. He rises up from his laying position as a familiar bunch of hair flopping from behind the wooden plat.

"Hi."

Luhan calls cutely as he walks to the sitting male. Their hands naturally reach each other and when it interlaced, the younger male's thumb moves in a circular motion, caressing the other hand, before brings it up and plants a gentle kiss. The contact is as soft as a feather but it's enough to tingle Luhan's spine.

"Happy anniversary, Lu."

His love clearly imprinted on his eyes as Sehun stares at the other pair of brownish orbs. It is hard for Luhan to hide his smile as the muscles on the corner of his lips keep on tugging upwards. A pit of giggles leaves his throat.

"I don't know how many times you said that today."

Sehun shrugs innocently.

"I just don't think it's enough."

Their eyes never leave each other as Luhan keeps on smiling happily while Sehun just stares. Out of sudden, the taller male tugs the pair of wrist in his grip forward and flips the around, makes him pinning Luhan down.

"You know that I love you right?"

Another giggle leaves Luhan before he sneak his arms up to hold on the younger neck and nuzzles their nose together.

"Better than anyone else."

Clock ticking fills the silence together with their heartbeats and breaths. It was Sehun who breaks it first with a 'yes' then leans down to capture Luhan's lips for a sweet, deep kiss. Eagerly responding back, the older male is the one who is asking for entrance. He can sense Sehun's smirk in his lips before the latter grants his wish and collates their muscles into a fierce war. Their hands join the war as its try to hold on the other closer and closer.

Panting breathlessly, they leave each other cavern with a similar smile on. One last peck on Luhan's swollen one, then the dancer hugs the living out him.

"Mine."

"Yes, yours."

The smile on Luhan's face gets wider as he enjoys his man desperateness. He lets the times ticking around them in silence because, indeed, it is comfortable. But, although he really wishes they can stay like that, they have to continue their life.

"Sehun-ah, get up. We have to go."

Started by a kiss on the cheek, Luhan tries to move Sehun away, which is fail obviously, but it was enough to catch the lazy man attention. Once again their eyes meet as Luhan feels arms around him loosen. Although it was him who backed away first, but he can't stop the pout that formed on his lips when Sehun gives a little space between them.

Confused, a frown crafted on the younger forehead, knitting his eyebrows together. The older male can't hold his jaw up at the latter cluelessness.

"Seriously, don't say that you forget."

Rather than an answer, Luhan gets deeper wrinkles. Oh my, that boy certainly forgets.

"Are you?"

He asked once again in shock while raises himself, sitting beside the other sprawled body. Sehun is very excited about today, not just because of their anniversary, so it is totally unbelievable if he forgets.

The older failed to lecture the latter as he gets interrupted by a series of laughter from Sehun. Now, it's time for Luhan to be confused.

"Ya! You!"

Childishly Luhan points his finger towards the taller male, only to be grabbed by his bigger hand. Although he didn't know what happen, a pout sets firmly on his lips, showing his annoyance towards the unreasoned laughter.

Sensing the older soon-to-be-bad mood, Sehun shuts his lips into a thin live but still leaving a big grin remains. He holds the latter hands before brings both of it to his lips and repeatedly gives them a soft kiss as his apology.

"Sorry, Lu."

He starts reasoning. Word by words, his smile changes into a teasing one.

"I didn't forget the concert. It just me joking but you expression totally over the top."

Luhan checks turn red, darker in each second, as he frees his hand one by one from the gentle grip and pinch the younger male bicep not so gently.

A few pained moans leave Sehun mouth. He wriggles aside in attempt to run away and successfully, he flies across the room and disappears behind the bathroom door.

Hours passed, after Sehun finished his quick shower, with countless practices and sound checks. The twelve males are restless behind the stage but it can't reduce their excitement over the concert. Finally after years of hard working, they can make their own concert. It was like a dream come true, especially for their leader.

A loud cheer from their fans already echoing outside and Sehun has to admit that it increases his excitement but also nervousness. The feeling to make them happy was stronger than ever and he didn't want to make any mistake.

All of s are standing around the backstage. Seriousness fills every space around, just like it planted on their face. The preparation was done and they just have to wait a little bit more before they can take over the stage. As the time goes, the beating of their heart gets faster and cold sweats trickle down their temples and palms.

Sitting on the furthest end, Sehun catches Luhan biting his thumb. With a little shake of his head, he walks approaching the vocalist.

"Lu."

Sehun takes the big finger in his hand. A tiny dots of blood shown beside his nail, showing that Luhan bitten it deep enough to injure himself. He brings it to his lips before softly locks his gaze with the other male.

"Don't do that."

He said sadly, desperately. Luhan hangs down his head trying to hide but Sehun already saw him biting his lips in not gentle manner. With his free hand, the dancer cups the other chin and brings it up while freeing the older lips with his thumb.

"Don't."

The smaller male pouts sadly, but unlike usual, he fails make Sehun give in. Instead, the taller male also jolts his bottom lips out, mimicking Luhan's pleading face.

"Don't make me sad, Lu, please."

"But-"

The younger male succeeded in shutting the other male by engulfing him into his arms, holding the latter tightly. His palm slowly goes round and round on the latter back as he can feel the said male fingers clench on his blazer.

Luhan didn't need to tell Sehun his anxiety because he knows the latter knows him well, even, sometimes, better than himself. The younger always know the best way to treat him, no matter how moody he is, Sehun always has a right way. Like just being in his arms make Luhan feel better and calmer, and Sehun knows that well.

Sehun whispers many sweet and reassuring words in the other male ear until he feels Luhan's grip on him loosen. It was when Sehun is sure that the older already felt better, he pulls apart, let some air to fill the space between them. His hands casually rest on the older hips.

"Everything's gonna be okay, Lu. They will love whatever we give. But they will not like it if you keep on that expression."

Sehun mimicked Luhan's pout before he flips it up to a smile.

"Smile baby, you know you well with it."

Luhan didn't follow though. He is still pouting but in a teasing way, just like the other days. Sehun lips tugs upwards, forming a smirk as he deeply stares at the older male.

"Ah. Should I kiss it first?"

He whispers lowly, make sure that nobody can heard them. He pouts teasingly.

"I really want to, but could I do that and let the world know about us?"

He ends his word with another smirk. Luhan face falls as his eyes widen. Sehun knows that he totally drowns in the moment and forget where they are. The dancer chuckles softly. Luhan is too cute for his own good.

Can't resist the urge inside him, the taller male leans forward and softly plants his lips on the other's softer one. It only last for a second but enough to make Luhan out of his daze. The deer eyes get caught by the headlight as he stares at the younger. Sehun can see fear in those brown orbs as the latter slightly takes a peek behind him, checking on their other friends and the crew. Although he knows very well that they were safe, he didn't comfort the older, instead, he retreats his arms and walks away coolly.

"Stage on, guys."

One of their head crew informed from behind a huge curtain. The light above them flicks a few time, mentioning the twelve men that it's show time.

"Fighting, kids."

Their leader waves his hand, telling them to gather. From the corner of his eyes, he sees Luhan takes a deep breath before walks towards him. Sehun has a smirk on his face seeing how flustered his deer is. Soft chuckles come out from his mouth when Luhan, madly, walks past him like he didn't exist. Playing along, Sehun walks to the other side of the circle, far from Luhan. The older scowls silently but unfortunately, Sehun sees this.

"Let's do our best, okay?"

He said coolly although Sehun knows he is the one who is the most nervous between them. He sees his Baekhyun hyung takes a deep breath while Chanyeol is patting his back with his big smile, trying to calming the former. Kyungsoo and Jongin act cool but their hands can't stop fidgeting. Tao is nothing better, he has their second leader holding his hands so he stops biting on it. Minseok has his hand on Jongdae back, moving up and down, while the latter keeps on taking deep breath. Yixing keeps biting his lower lips while Luhan, still scowling over him.

The maknae feels a sudden urge to hug them all, comforting all of his older brothers from nervousness. The dim light flicks again and they know it is time to get off. He put his hand out, to the middle of their circles.

"Let's do our best hyung."

He smiles genuinely, giving the best smile he could offer. One by one the other member put their hand above him.

"EXO…"

"Saranghaja!"

The twelve chants simultaneously as they raise their hands up. With one last breath, they make their way out to the empty, dark stage, standing on their representative spots. Being the last one to out, the youngest makes his way behind Luhan and steals a peck on his cheek before whispering some courage-ing words to the older, or to himself. The latter cheek turns pink again as he bites his bottom lips, preventing his smile, and somehow makes Sehun calmer from the sight. One last squeeze on the older hand, he then walks to his place, right beside Jongin at the front.

In front of him, thousand of light sticks and banners fill the huge room. He can't help the beating of his heart. It's not long until the intro of their first song plays. One more deep breath, his lips tugs up as his body starts to moves following the bright light and rhythm.

There are no other words than a big succeeds to describe their show. Of course there were some lacking points on their performances but seeing how bright their fans faces made it doesn't matter.

One by one the boys group performs their songs nicely. Some special stage and surprise they gave for thousands spectators with the help of their sunbae and hoobae. The excitement and blasting sound made the time seems flew fast.

Among the business, Sehun, with his childish heart, always snags his time to tease Luhan. He somehow manages to spare many seconds in between their routine to go to his older lover. Either it just a simple poke or a quick hug, he manages to touch the latter before left him just as fast as he came, leaving the latter frustrated slightly.

Luhan didn't protest though. Joining the younger game, he also made sure to give the latter some sweet revenge. Since he knows all of Sehun's sweet spot, it wasn't a hard job to do. But, not like the younger trick, Luhan makes their contact last longer. If he didn't hold the other hand, he will always clings on him, drawing many squeals from their fans.

Just like their fans, Luhan himself missed touching the younger openly. Lately, due to Sehun's request, their skin ship had decreased. They seemed to be closer with the other members than to each other, but it's only when they were in public. Sehun even has to make Tao as his excuse to go to China and met Luhan's family.

Luhan knew the best that his man was scared being judged by people. The latter can always be the mature one but he is still a young man. At some point the young dancer lack of experience made him insecure and at this kind of time he needs Luhan the most. Luhan always more than happy to help and one thing he always do is support Sehun.

The more touches they shared, both males soon forget about where they are. With only a little self restrain left, the two male act freely, moving in their own bubble. Sometimes Luhan really feels like he lost his breath away when he catches Sehun saw him lovingly.

Like now.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol take over the stage, letting the other members catch some air. Luhan sees Sehun walks around towards him, without breaking their locked gaze. Just like always, his stomach scrunching weirdly, makes him feels giddy in anticipation. When the latter reaches him, Sehun slowly turns the older head around with his finger as his other hand crawls around Luhan hips. Naturally the older male leans back to the other board chest. A little chaste kiss on his earlobe and Luhan shivers down to his spine.

"Hyung, I want to sleep."

The taller whispers so closely, his warm breath tickles Luhan. The latter didn't has to turn back to know that the younger is pouting. He only can bite his lips to fight back the temptation to turn around and do all the things in his mind.

"Hyung~"

Sehun whines.

"B-bear it a little longer, Sehun-ah."

Luhan stutters as he feels the younger face on his neck's crook, burying his head while stealthy steals kisses on his exposed skin. It takes much from the older male to shut his own mouth.

"D-don't, Sehun-ah."

He said breathlessly. Luhan's face slowly turns red, being embarrassed over his own voice. The younger shakes his head. Luhan slowly releases the hand in his waist then turns around. Like a gentleman he sometimes is, Luhan bows down, over one of his hand, while staring at the dancer face.

"May I have your last dance?"

He asked as the intro of their last song of the night playing. There is no specific choreography so the movement is up to them. A simple love song with deep meaning.

Chuckling softly, Sehun sleepiness washed away as he reaches for the hand after he bent down like a princess he would never be. Instead of following the other lead, Sehun pulls Luhan closer by his waist and takes control.

The soft melody convoys their dance. With his hand on the other waist and another one holds Luhan hand, Sehun leads the older into a slow waltz. Their smile couldn't fall down as they never look away from each other. Thrice twirls and twice bends before he has to release the older to sing his part while Sehun gives their fans some greetings. When the latter finished, he notices that the younger male already stood on the stage's other wing. The crescent on his face soon turns upside down as he walks, more like stomping, to him. Sadly, the stage is quite big so it takes more time to reach the opposite side. He didn't know that Sehun did that on purpose, until he realizes something.

Every time the word 'love' pronounced, he always changes his attention from the busy crown to him and makes a big love sign, in many way, or several eye contacts while lip syncing on some lyrics. The more he thinks about it, Luhan gets the other male message. Just like the lyric of the song, it is how the younger's feeling towards him. Happy, thankful and blessed.

Step by step, Luhan closes the distance between them as he keeps on watching the younger dividing his attention. Instead of sulking, Luhan smiles at the sight. It always makes him feels proud over the younger for his dedication towards his job and passion. How the taller male always loves him in his busy days always makes his heart flutters.

It's always amazed him how things changed over this past year but not with his feelings. They went through many series of tears and laughter together. They always are with each other days and nights but it would never be enough to make them bored.

365 days stays in relationship, Luhan gets to know so many things about Sehun but yet there are still so many left to discover. Everyday always been a brand new page and Luhan really hopes he will always writes a new one with his Sehun.

"Sehunnie."

He calls while sticking out his hand, reaching for the other hand before he intertwines it. After one loving squeeze, Luhan leans forwards and whispers,

"I love you."

The younger male’s smiles dazzlingly, glad that his message gets through. Sehun pulls Luhan and leads him back to the main stage. They walk around the big stage hand in hand while playing with the other member or their fans.

Once again, Luhan has to be back to the center for his part but this time, he didn't let the hand go, instead he pulls the other male along, dragging the latter to everywhere he goes. Sehun didn't protest. He chuckles behind Luhan as he follows every single step the older makes with a big smile on his lips.

Surprising Luhan, Sehun drapes his arms around his waist when the former sings playfully, or at least it looks that way.

It was just the two of them until Jongdae reaches the note. Thousands and thousands of balloons fall from above and somehow the other ten males make them the target of their unspoken balloon fight.

Possessively, Sehun holds Luhan behind him, using his own back as their shield. Just like fireworks on the sky, Luhan's heart bursts in happiness. It touches him a lot when he is safe in Sehun's arms. Although it just a little intruder but he likes how possessive Sehun over him. He feels blessed and utterly grateful to have the younger, physically and mentally.

One by one the soft balls hit him repeatedly. Luckily the attack doesn't last long as the other changes their target. Still holding each other hand, Luhan releases himself from Sehun and leads him to take revenge on them.

We can say that the two are inseparable. Not only on stage but also off stage. They still glued to each other on their vans, on their way home. Even reaching the dorm didn't fall them apart.

Sitting on the back seat, the two were the last to go down and when they reach the living room, nobody left. A mischievous smirk appears on Sehun's lips. Without a word, he pushes Luhan and pins him on the door. The older male is beyond surprise. His eyes wide open as a saucer while he froze standing there. Luhan didn't have a chance to utter a word as Sehun closes the gap between their lips.

Sehun didn't wait for too long for Luhan to kiss him back. He soon feels the older smiling by his lips before starts moving in sync with his. Their hands wander everywhere as his leg takes it position in between Luhan's. The kiss was slow and sweet, full of love and carefulness, just like how Luhan likes it but he wants more. He bites the taller male bottom lips the jolts his tongue out, but before he can , asking for permission, he hears a door being open on the other side of the room. He pushes Sehun away and stumbles away from the latter, right before Joonmyeon comes to his view.

"You two didn't sleep?"

The leader asked confusedly with one of his eyebrows raised up. Luhan, too nervous and panic, forces his jelly-like-feet to bring him away from the scene, running his life out to his room.

"No need to thank me hyung!"

He heard Sehun's yell in midst of his getaway before the chuckles that accompanying it dies when he slams the door close. He flips down to the floor, beetroot faced, while trying to calming his erratic heart, thanks to Sehun and Joonmyeon.

He didn't bothered to look the room, as he was busy staring at his feet, until the moon light illuminates the room and causes a big, weird shaped shadow that reach his toe. Under his breath, Luhan cursed Sehun for taking his time outside. Being a paranoid man he is, the only thing he can imagine is that there is an intruder inside their room.

Hesitantly, he raises his head up. But unlike what he expected, there weren't anyone inside, otherwise, the intruder makes his pout turns into smile. Sitting on the middle of his bed, there are a giant teddy bear and a big bouquet in vase. He enjoys every step he takes to the bed. Pit of giggles leaves his lips as he hugs the soft, squishy doll tightly. He notices an emblem attached on its big ribbon.

세루
07.15
<3

Three lines engraved behind the silver, round plat. He then reaches the flower in front of him and touches the soft petal. Red and pink carnations, pink sweet peas, white daffodils, daisies, white lilies and apple blossoms. Luhan smiles.

A pair of arms drapes around his waist so familiarly, making him leans back and rests on a board chest.

"Happy anniversary, Lu."

Sehun whispers softly and sneaks his own way to kiss Luhan's cheek. The latter turns around and gives the taller one more endearing kiss. His hands wraps tightly on Sehun's neck as his fingers plays with his hairs.

"Happy anniversary, baby."

He said after he released the taller. Their eye meets for some brave second before Sehun breaks it with his smile.

"They are my feelings."

He said with his chin nudging to something behind the older back. Frowning, Luhan's turns his head around only to see the flowers vase but it is enough to make him understand the younger. Tint of pink creeps up to his cheeks, as he buries his face to Sehun's chest.

For once, Luhan is grateful that he learned the meaning of flowers.

 

***

Thank you for reading this ^^

....and, Happy Birthday ^^...