Before She Cries Again

Deep Down

 

They got into the car when Donghae finally said something. “I’m sorry.”  It was strange that Jessica wasn’t crying, almost all the other girls cried when they were heartbroken, but she stayed strong.

“It’s not your fault,” she said.

“I know, but…” he had nothing else to say, nothing to argue about. He didn’t really want to argue anyway, even if it was to make her feel better.

They drove in silence.

He parked his car and both of them got out. They were walking up the stairs to Jessica’s room. “You don’t have to follow me, you know,” she said while looking at the ground. “I know,” Donghae replied.

She turned and went into the hall with Donghae behind her. “I’m fine, you can leave now,” she said. She didn’t want people to pity her, especially not Donghae.  “I’ll just wait out here then,” he said as he leaned against the wall.

“Go, I know your tired and hungry, go back to your room,” Jessica reasoned.

She took her key out and unlocked the door, “Fine then, suit yourself.” She said. She walked in and closed the door. Right when she reached her bed, she dropped right on it. She was exhausted. Mentally and physically.

“Donghae, I know you’re still out there.”

“Yeah,” he said.

“Why aren’t you leaving? You’re wasting your time,” she spoke.

“No I’m not,” Donghae replied again.

“Why are you wasting your time for me?”

“Because I love you,” He answered.

“I’m not kidding, It’s not funny,” Jessica said, annoyed.

“I’m serious Sica, I really do love you.”

He really did sound serious. But that sentence, ‘I Love You.’ It’s been a long time since she heard that sentence. She hasn’t heard those words since her father died, since her mom wanted to get rid of her by sending her to a college that wasn’t close to home. Her eyes became watery at the thought of her parents, but she taught herself to get over it. And she had just realized another thing, Jonghyun had never said that to her once yet. Even though it’s only been a couple months, she had never heard him say that to her. And she just realized how much she needed to hear it.

She dragged herself towards the door and pulled it open, to find Donghae sitting on the floor in front of the door. He jumped up to his feet when he heard the door open. He was shocked when Jessica wrapped her arms around him and started crying. Correction, she was sobbing, drenching his shirt. He moved him arms up and rubbed her back. There was nothing else he could do but let her cry her heart out. Tears ran down from her eyes nonstop. She didn’t know how to control herself, but she needed a shoulder to cry on. Not just any shoulder, but a special shoulder. And Jessica knew it was rare for her to cry, she knew she needed to cry as much as she could because she knows that it’ll be a while before she cries again.