The Date

The Dinner Date

 

 
"You know, I was starting to wonder if you'd ever call." Chanyeol said, as he stifled  a chuckle. Baekhyun let out an awkward laugh.
 
"Haha.. yeah. I wasn't sure when to call you.." Baekhyun said trailing off.
 
"Then what made you call today?"
 
"I was about to call you already, and then my friend forced me to call you. Otherwise, you would have heard him tell you lies about me."
 
"Ahh.. I see. Well, at least you called. This for you," Chanyeol said as he handed Baekhyun, a single white rose.
 
"Wow, it's beautiful. Thanks Chanyeol," Baekhyun said as stared at the rose in his hands.
 
"You're welcome. We're here!" Chanyeol said as he pulled the car into a parking lot. The building has a cool and classy feel. Baekhyun looked at the sign, and noticed it was La' Amour restaurant. The fanciest restaurant in town, and it is so good people make reservations weeks in advance.
 
"We're eating here!? How? You need to reserve tables weeks before you actually can eat here!" Baekhyun said with shock laced in his voice.
 
"My friend Kyungsoo, he owns the place and works as a chef. I called him and he saved me a table." Chanyeol said as he parked the car. "That's cool." The two got out of the car, and made their way to the front doors. When they walked in, Baekhyun was astonished by the ornate interior.
 
 The walls were painted a nice shade of maroon, and the floors had midnight black carpeting. The ceiling has an intricate design of lines, and held glorious chandeliers. Baekhyun looked around at the other customers, taking in how dressed up they were, Baekhyun soon felt underdressed.
 
"Uhh Chanyeol, I don't think this is a place where dressing casually is overlooked." Baekhyun said, feeling insecure from the looks he was recieving.
 
"Let them stare, it's what we wanna wear. Besides, you look stunning," Chanyeol whispered into his ear. Baekhyun felt his face flushing. They soon walked over to a man, dressed in a tux.
 
"Reservations please?" The man said, with a monotone voice. "Park and Byun." Chanyeol said with a smile. The man, Jiyong by his name tag, flipped through the book. "Ok, please follow Joonmyeon. He'll take you to your seats," he said pointing at a guy with black hair. He was wearing black pants, and a white button-up shirt with a black tie.
 
"Ok, just follow me!" Joonmyeon said energetically, a smile on his face. He turned around and started leading them to their table. They passed by a lot of tables, and eventually made it to their seat. Secluded from everyone else, the booth was located in the corner of the room that was lit by a dim light.
 
They sat down in the booth, across from each other. "Here are your menus. Your waiter shall be with you shortly," Joonmyeon said with a smile. Baekhyun watched him walk away to where a guy sat (not too far away from them), taking reservations. Joonmyeon put his hands over the brown-haired man, then the guy turned around and gave him a smile which showed his dimples. The two slowly leaned closer, and shared a light kiss. 'Aww. How cute' thought Baekhyun. 
 
He soon turned his attention to his menu.
 
Baked Alaska- 15.86
New York Strip Steak- 12.83
Es Cargo- 23.67
Dragon Fire Chicken- 10.99
Caviar- 25.00
 
He barely read the menu, when he concluded that; food here was expensive. Have of the stuff on this menu he's never even heard before! Like what the hell is Baked Alaska, or Es Cargo? Did they possibly have a kids menu?
 
"Have you found anything you want?" Chanyeol asked, looking up from his menu.
 
"Umm.. No, not yet." Baekhyun said looking back down at his menu, utterly lost.
 
"Would you like me to order for you?" 
 
"Yes please," Baekhyun said immediately, "I-I mean yes."
 
"Ok." Chanyeol said with a smile on his face.
 
A tan man dressed in a waiter outfit, stopped in front of their table. "Hello, my name is Jongin and I'll be your waiter today. Can I get you anything to drink?" He asked holding a notepad. Baekhyun quickly looked down at the menu, and looked under drinks
 
"Umm... I'll have a Dr. Pepper." Baekhyun said.
 
"And I'll have a Mountain Dew," Chanyeol said with a grin.
 
"Ok. I'll be right back with your drinks," Jongin said with a smile and walked away. Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun.
 
"So Baekhyun, tell me about yourself."
 
"Well.. I'm twenty years old. I work at a clothing store called, YesStyle. I'm an only child, and I go to Seoul's National University. Music is my major," Baekhyun said with a smile.
 
"That's cool! H–" Chanyeol was soon interrupted by Jongin, who was back with the drinks.
 
"One Dr. Pepper for you," he said handing Baekhyun his drink, "And a Mountain Dew for you". 
 
"Are you ready to order?" Jongin asked as he got out his notepad. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol.
 
"Yes we are. Can we get two orders of the New York Strip steak?"
 
"Ok, will that be all?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Ok then. Have a good evening," Jongin said taking away the menus, as he made his way to the kitchen
 
"I'm sorry what were you saying, before you got interrupted?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Oh yeah! The lady who answered the door, was your mom right?"
 
"Yes she is."
 
"I don't mean to pry but, where's your dad?" Chanyeol asked innocently.
 
"I don't know. He left as soon as I was born," Baekhyun said.
 
"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know." Chanyeol said, guilt lined in his words.
 
"No it's ok. You were just curious, that's all. Now tell me about yourself," Baekhyun said smiling. 
 
"Well I'm nineteen, so I guess I have to call you Hyung. I have one brother named Jungsoo. You already know I work at EXO café. And I just recently been accepted into Seoul's National University, so I guess I'll be seeing you there hyung!" Chanyeol said with a smile.
 
"That's cool!"
 
The two engaged in a deep conversation, instantly hitting it off. They talked about their likes, dislikes, favorite colors, anything that could be used in a conversation. And when their food came, Baekhyun was amazed by the food. It smelled delicious, and it tasted even better. It was like something unknown, and Baekhyun could have sworn he tasted a hint of cinnamon. 
 
After they finished, their plates were taken away and they were handed the bill.
 
"I'll pay," Baekhyun said as he started reaching for his wallet. Chanyeol stuck his hand out, "No it's ok. I'll pay, I insist." He handed Jongin the correct amount for the bill, and Jongin left. Which was good because, Baekhyun only brought ten dollars.
 
"Well at least let me give the tip!" Baekhyun said, as he threw his only ten dollar bill onto the table. The two stood up, and began to leave the restaurant. Baekhyun could feel his hand and Chanyeol's brushing against each other. Getting a leap of courage, he interlocked his fingers with Chanyeol's. He looked up and met his eyes with Chanyeol's dark ones, Chanyeol just smiled. 
 
The two walked in a comfortable silence to the car. Baekhyun felt something hit his head. He looked up, and saw drops of rain falling down. Before you knew it, it was pouring rain. Baekhyun and Chanyeol dashed to the car, and once they were in they burst out laughing. Chanyeol thought Baekhyun looked beautiful. His eyes were crinkled, and his laugh was the most adorable thing ever. Baekhyun thought Chanyeol looked... amazing. He has a nice baritone laugh, and when he laughs it shows off his beautiful smile.
 
The two buckled up, and they were off to Baekhyun's house. "I really had a good time tonight," Baekhyun said bashfully.
 
"I did too! I'm glad you called," Chanyeol said turning towards Baekhyun with a smile. They soon pulled onto Baekhyun's street, and Chanyeol parked the car. He quickly got out and went to the passenger side, opened Baekhyun's door and the two ran to Baekhyun's porch.
 
"Thanks for driving me home," Baekhyun said as water dripped from his hair.
 
"You're welcome." They stood there for a moment, in awkward silence. "Well bye," said Baekhyun. "Bye." Chanyeol said with a smile as he started walking away.
 
Baekhyun looked at his retreating figure, then ran to Chanyeol and tapped his shoulder. Chanyeol turned around, and his lips met Baekhyun's. It was a soft kiss, one of insecurity and love. They soon pulled away.
 
"Goodnight," Baekhyun said with a shy smile, his face dosed of crimson. "Goodnight Baekhyun." Chanyeol said with a bright smile. Baekhyun dashed to his porch, waved then went inside.
 
Chanyeol slowly walked to his car. Even though he was soaking wet and supposed to be cold, he felt warm and on top of the world.
 
And later that night, all the two could think about was the other. Needless to say, it was love.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hello pearls! I hope you enjoyed this twoshot! I liked how it began and ended.
 
Who knows, maybe there will be a sequel to this sequel??