Getting Picked Up

The Dinner Date

 

The Dinner Date
 
Baekhyun sat at his computer desk, grasping a thin piece of paper firmly, he stared at it with an unblinking gaze. It possed the number of a certain person, that just won't leave Baekhyun's mind.
 
Park Chanyeol
893-763-2619
 
It had been a week since Chanyeol's number, was left on his plate at the EXO café. And since then, Baekhyun looked at the number wondering when the right time it'd be to call him. Baekhyun reached his hand in the front pocket of his white pants, and pulled out his silver rhinestone-cased phone. He hesitantly clicked on the dial pad, and starts dialing Chanyeol's number.
 
'Ok. 893-763—' Baekhyun's thoughts and actions were soon interrupted, by a certain platinum- no wait, now bubblegum pink haired boy.
 
"I am here! Baekhyun, your boredom will soon be ov- Oooh! Who are you texting," Luhan asked as he sashayed over to Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun quickly grabbed the slip of paper, and hid it between his palm and fingers. "Nobody," he answered  suspiciously.
 
But Luhan has a good eye and saw the paper, then yanked it from his hand.
 
"Oh Park Chanyeol... Isn't he the guy from EXO café?" Luhan asked, trying to remember the breakfast last week. Poor guy, all that hair dye must be going to his head.
 
"Yes, the cook if you must know." Baekhyun added, taking the paper from Luhan's hands and setting it on the desk.
 
"Well what did he say!? Get me details, I need the details!" Luhan shouted as he shook Baekhyun. "I haven't even talked to him," Baekhyun told slowly, he felt dizzy from all the shaking.
 
"What!? A hot guy gave you his number a week ago, and you haven't tried to contact him!" Luhan shrieked, his eyes wide with shock and pity. 
 
"I'm waiting for the right time!"
 
"Well the time is now. So either you text him, or I do." A sadistic grin slowly grew on Luhan's face. Baekhyun couldn't even imagine all the sick and demented , Luhan would tell Chanyeol.
 
"Uhh.. No need to, I'll do it. Should I call or text him?" Asked Baekhyun, uncertainty written across his face.
 
"Definitely call him! That way, we can hear how he talks to you." Luhan piped up.
 
"Ok." He quickly dialed the number, as it rang he put it on speaker.
 
Ring.
Ring.
Ring.
 
Baekhyun thought he wouldn't pick up, and to be honest; he was glad. He was kind of nervous, but on the last ring someone picked up.
 
"Yoboseyo?" A deep velvety voice answered the phone and Baekhyun immediately recognized it as Chanyeol.
 
"Uhh.. Hello Chanyeol, this is B-Baekhyun. We met a week ago at the EXO café," he said nervously.
 
"Baekhyun? Oh right! Now I remember, what's up?" 
 
"Tell him you want to hang out," Luhan whispered into his ear.
 
"Uhh, I was wondering.. D-do you wanna hang out?" Baekhyun squeaked out, shutting his eyes.
 
"Sure! What do you wanna do?"
 
"Say a movie and dinner!" Luhan ordered in his ear.
 
"Uhh.. We can watch a movie.. and maybe go out for dinner," Baekhyun mumbled not wanting Chanyeol to hear the last bit.
 
"Like a date?" Chanyeol asked, amusement faintly heard in his voice.
 
"I-if you want it to be, then sure." Baekhyun wishes he could hang up the phone and hide his face forever, but then he'd be acting like a .
 
"Then it's a date! Just tell me where you live, and I'll pick you up tonight!" Chanyeol said brightly. Baekhyun could just imagine Chanyeol's dazzling smile through the phone.
 
"How about I text you it? That way, you won't have to remember where I live."
 
"Sure. Bye Baekhyun!" Chanyeol said cheerfully.
 
"Bye Chanyeol!"
 
Baekhyun hung up the phone, and quickly pulled up his contacts. He put in Chanyeol's number, listing him under Channie and started texting his address.
 
To: Channie
From: Baekhyun
 
974 Hyeongchan street. I live in the brick house that has a blue door~
 
From: Chanyeol, The Derp
To: Baekhyunnie<3
 
Ok great! I'll pick you up at 8:30. Can't wait for our date tonight~ ;)
 
Luhan, who was reading over Baekhyun's shoulder, starts squealing in excitement.
 
"Baekhyun has a date! My little boy is growing up," Luhan said pretending to wipe away a fake tear. Baekhyun groaned in exasperation.
 
"Luhan... Don't do that. Ever." Baekhyun instructed with a serious face.
 
"Well alright.. But let me pick out your clothes!" Luhan shouted as he stood up, and ran to Baekhyun's closet. He grabbed a white v-neck, a silver jacket and a pair of black skinny jeans. He quickly walked to Baekhyun and shoved the clothes into his arms.
 
"Take these and go take a shower. We have exactly," Luhan looked at his watch, "An hour and twenty-three minutes to get you ready. Be fast, so I can help you with your hair and such." Luhan said as he pushed Baekhyun into the bathroom.
                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Fifteen minutes later, Baekhyun emerged from the bathroom clean and fresh. Luhan quickly ushered Baekhyun to the computer chair, as he plugged up the blowdryer. The only sounds heard, was the noise the blowdryer made. After his hair was all dry, Luhan plugged in a straighter and started straightening Baekhyun's hair. Soon, his brown hair was all straightened.
 
"Ok, so now I'm finished." Baekhyun said as he tried to get up from his seat. Luhan pushed him back down into the chair. "Not quite. We still need one more thing," Luhan said as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out eyeliner.
 
"Oh no, you're not putting that on me! No way," he said trying frantically to escape from Luhan's reach.
 
"Oh come on! You'll look great in it, I promise! I bet Chanyeol will like it," Luhan said slyly trying to persuade him to wear it.
 
"D-do, do you really think he'll like it?" Asked Baekhyun with an innocent demeanor.
 
"I'm positive." Luhan told with a sincere tone. 
 
"Ok then, you put it on me."
 
Luhan went to work. He started coloring the eyeliner around Baekhyun's eyes. And before you knew it, he was finished. "There, now it's done. Go take a look at yourself," Luhan said with a smile. Slowly, Baekhyun got up and walked to the bathroom. When he looked in the mirror, he was stunned.
 
He looked... amazing. The eyeliner really brought out his eyes, making him look fierce. It also gave him a more confident and y look.
 
"Wow Luhan.. I look great! Thank you so so so much!" Baekhyun said as he hugged Luhan.
 
"You've always looked great, now you feel it." Luhan said returning the hug. He looked at his watch. "Oh my! We have five minutes 'till Chanyeol's supposed to be here!" Luhan shouted frantically. Baekhyun grabbed his phone, and the pair descended down the stairs.
 
If Baekhyun told you he wasn't nervous, well he'd be lying. He's absolutely terrified. His palms are sweaty, his heart is pounding and he has a sudden urge to pee. He's never been this nervous before, so Chanyeol better be worth it. Luhan and Baekhyun were talking about a new K-pop band, when the bell rang.
 
Baekhyun looked at Luhan, and then the door. Slowly, he walked to the door. He opened the door, and there stood... his mom with some groceries.
 
"Hi darling! Oh why are you dressed up?" His mom asked as she closed the door.
 
"I'm waiting for someone. Why did you ring the bell?" Baekhyun asked, utterly perplexed as he sat back down on the couch.
 
"I forgot my keys. So who's this 'person' you're waiting for?" She asked, as she set the groceries on the coffee table.
 
"His name is Chanyeol! And they're going on a date!" Luhan piped to Baekhyun's mom.
 
"Ooo! What does he look like?" She asked excitedly. "You'll see soon enough, he's supposed to be here soon!" Luhan replied. Baekhyun mentally groaned. If his mom talked to Chanyeol, he'd be scarred for LIFE. His mom really knows how to make people uncomfortable. Hopefully, this won't be the case.
 
He was soon pulled away from his thoughts, when he heard the bell ring. His mom walked to the door, and carefully opened it. And there stood Chanyeol, a rose in his hand and a smile on his face.
 
His black hair is now a light brown color, and he's wearing a white button-up shirt with black skinny jeans. "Umm hello, is Baekhyun here?" He asked, his deep voice unwavering.
 
"Yes he is. Baekhyun! Someone's here to see you!" His mom shouted, even though he was sitting not too far from her. He got up from his place on the couch, and made his way to the door. "Hi Chanyeol," Baekhyun said with a smile.
 
"Hi Baekhyun! Are you ready to go?" He asked with a radiant smile, it seemed so beautiful that Baekhyun almost forgot to breathe.
 
"Uhh yeah. Bye guys!" Baekhyun yelled as he starting leaving the house. "Bye!" As Baekhyun closed the door, he could of sworn he heard his mom say: "I'd tap that". 
 
The two walked down his front porch steps, and made their way to Chanyeol's car. "You look really beautiful Baekhyun," Chanyeol said as he looked into Baekhyun's eyes. Baekhyun could feel heat rising to his face, he was blushing.
 
"Th-thanks. You look not too bad yourself," Baekhyun said. A smile made its way to Chanyeol's face, as he opened the passenger door for Baekhyun. Once Baekhyun was settled in, he closed the door and made his way to the driver's side. He buckled himself up, and started the car. They were soon off.