03

There's a GHOST in the Dorm

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-chapter three-
❝ From Ghost to Human ❞
 
 

~LEE CHAERIN~

 

 

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO CUT MY HAIR."

"OWW OW OW OW OW STOP OW HITTING ME."

I finally took the scissors away from him, glaring a deathly look at him. He grabbed for it back, but I only lightly pushed his chest back with my foot.

I pointed the scissors at him.

 

"Don't you come any closer, because I'm not afraid to use these scissors, Donut-guy."

He sighed.

"For the fiftieth time, it's BAEKHYUN. BYUN. BAEK. HYUN. Now give me the scissors, and no one gets hurt."

I frowned, having liked it so much better this morning when he had been scared of me being a ghost.

 

"Fine. I'll allow my hair to get cut. But I'LL cut it. Not you." I narrowed my eyes at him and hissed. "I don't trust you."

The so called 'Baekhyun' scoffed.

"And how would YOU know how girls cut their hair in 2013?"

"Well how would YOU know, huh? Do you study women's hair to learn how they cut it? Because that's just plain weird, Donut-guy."

"GAHH STUPID DONUT IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF THAT DONUT."

"DON'T BLAME A POOR DONUT, IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR BUYING IT."

"GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!"

We both turned to look at a tall, handsome guy walking towards us with big eyes.

 

Chunyeol, I think?

 

"Chanyeol, I'm going to DIE because of this girl." Baekhyun whined.

Oh. CHANyeol.

Chanyeol looked at me and Baekhyun, and then back at me.

 

"Are you okay, Chaerin-sshi? Sorry, Baekhyun's not usually such a hot-tempered guy, he's just having a hard time spending time with a girl becasue he just with doing that, you know."

I tried not to laugh, and raised my chin up with a humph.

"I'm fine."

Baekhyun scoffed out loud.

 

Chanyeol looked at the scissors in my hand and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, so Suho hyung told you to cut your hair?"

I nodded, slightly pouting to show him I didn't want to.

 

I know. I was acting like an immature baby. But who cares.

 

Chanyeol nodded understandingly and took the scissors away from me. He formed the most biggest, charming grin I've ever seen before.

What the heck. How could someone grin such a beautiful smile.

 

I could see Baekhyun roll his eyes in the corner of my eyes. I stuck my tongue out at him when Chanyeol wasn't looking.

"I think cutting your hair will be for the better. I'll cut it for you, if you give me permission."

I caught sight of Baekhyun looking at me, waiting expectantly for my rejection.

 

Instead, I smiled. I plopped down onto the chair.

"Okay."

"WHAT?!" Baekhyun blurted out.

"I said okay." It took me all my might to keep from laughing my head off at his face.

His jaw dropped.

"B-But.... WHY?! You start hitting me when I ask, and SMILE when he does?! Just WHAT'S so different about me from Yeol?!"

I watched Chanyeol carefully brush out my hair, which reached the floor.

 

"He's tall. I like tall guys." I said in an as-a-matter-of-fact way.

Chanyeol gave a smirk at Baekhyun.

"I TOLD you to drink that milk when we were young."

Baekhyun gave a humph and crossed his arms.

"I like my height just fine, thank you very much. This is the first time where I've been told I wasn't tall and was SHORT, actually."

"Really? Well that's a surprise. Humans must've gotten better at lying over the years." I chirped.

"YAH."

"Baekhyun! Don't speak so informally to Chaerin-sshi! She's a GUEST."

 

I made a mocking face at Baekhyun, leaving him dumbfounded. He sighed in defeat.

I watched Chanyeol carefully cut my 'ghost hair'. I was feeling more than amused.

 

And for the first time in all these years as a ghost, I actually smiled genuinely.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror.

 

".... Are you sure about this?" I called out from the bathroom.

"YEAH, I AM, SO HURRY UP AND COME OUT ALREADY. I'M DYING OF CURIOSITY."

I sighed, still uncertain.

 

But I came out.

 

And I regretted almost immediately.

 

I was dressed in the clothes Baekhyun had 'borrowed' from the 'SNSD noonas' whoever they were. I had changed into an oversized gray wool cardigan, weird stockings I saw for the first time, and a black-and-white striped shirt underneath.

 

tumblr_makgkhu5CZ1rexqqfo1_500.png

 

Baekhyun stared at me for a long, long time. To the point where I wanted to hit him in the face and yell at him what was wrong.

"W-Why?... Do I really look THAT weird?" I asked worriedly.

He opened his mouth to answer. But before he could, the rest of the guys headed over and interrupted.

"BAEKHYUN HYUNG IS SHE DONE CHANG--..... wow....."

 

Great.

Now I was surrounded by twelve guys in a seriously bad look that made people stare.

....... Oh well. I was a ghost. Ghosts don't need to be pretty or hot.

 

"You're hot." Chen blurted out.

I felt my cheeks burn up, frozen in embarrasment.

Kris hit him in the side of his head, rolling his eyes.

"Don't tell ghosts that they're hot. They're job is practically to be cold."

 

I blew air into my cheeks, feeling awfully uncomfortable with twelve guys studying you.

It had taken me a while to learn all their names during just the day I've met them.

 

Suho, Kris, Kai, Chanyeol, Sehun, Luhan, D.O., Xiumin, Chen, Lay, and Tao.

And Donut Guy.

I had promised myself, the day I would call him Baekhyun would be the day elephants started flying across the sky.

 

By the time I had finished the two top things on the things to do list, cutting my hair and dressing in 2013 clothes, it was 2 P.M.

And apparently, the guys all had some kind of inside joke with that. Right away, at the same time, they all suddenly started singing something along the lines of 'Listen to my Heartbeat~ It's beating for you~"

 

I, as a ghost that had died on 1949, looked at them as if they were all high.

 

From then and on, for the rest of the day, I felt as if I was a 2 year old having to learn the entire alphabet in one day.

"And THAT, is an Iphone. It was produced in 2007, so you probably don't know about it."

"Oh, oh, and THOSE people on the poster over there. They're called Big Bang, noona. It's best if you know that."

"THAT's Starbucks. OOH OOH OOH AND THERE'S GUCCI! GET OVER HERE TAO."

"And THIS delicious piece of heaven is PIZZA."

"This is SPAGHETTI."

"Look Chaerin it's PEPERO."

 

Okay. I admit I actually remembered pizza, spaghetti, and pepero. Those three were stuff you can't really forget about.

 

"Yah Lee Chaerin."

I turned around to see Baekhyun.

"Donut guy."

"GOD IT'S BAEK--...." He sighed. "... Nevermind. Get over here. I found a makeup store. Go in there and get yourself a makeover. You still look pretty pale compared to others even out here."

I let out a breath, already feeling exhausted from going through such a change in one whole day.

 

"Do I HAVE to?"

"Yes. You do. Do you want people to go around calling 911 to say there's a ghost in town?"

I sighed and muttered a 'no'.

 

I followed Baekhyun into one of the many shops in the streets, still amazed at how they looked up close.

As a ghost, I had to stay away from people in a certain distance unless I was out hunting for some food. Shops, restaurants, malls... I've only seen their outside structure.

 

So right now, my eyes were close to popping out of their sockets.

"Woah, what are those chairs?! And those lights beaming onto that woman's face! Wait, why are those employees plucking those girls' eyebrows?! Doesn't that--OUCH. God. That's gotta hurt. Shouldn't they put them to sleep if performing such harsh things onto their poor eyebrows?!"

Baekhyun stopped and looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"Please. Just follow me quietly."

I stuck my tongue out at him when he wasn't looking, slightly pouting.

 

"Welcome to the Hwansang Shop! How may I help you two today?" A middle-aged woman suddenly said in a bright voice.

Baekhyun smiled back politely.

"My.... friend over here, she needs a lot of help."

"Only a LITTLE."

"Nope. A LOT."

The woman chuckled, but we were too busy having a glaring contest.

 

"I can certainly help you with that, miss. Please follow me, and I will make sure you leave with a fabulous look~"

"Mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, blush, face shimmer, pencil eyeliner, lipbalm, lipgloss, lipstick, lip liner, lip plumper--GOD HOW MANY THINGS DO GIRLS PUT ON THEIR LIPS."

Chen shut his laptop closed and looked at me.

"Screw the Internet. Let's just do this MY way."

"Nuh uh, hyung. Let's do it OUR way. Your way probably ." Sehun chirped.

I sighed.

".. But... The woman in the shop said to follow the internet...."

"Oh who cares. You already look like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. So just rub a bit of black stuff to your eyelashes and then a lot of red stuff on your lips. And WAALAAH~ You will STILL look like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

I felt my face heat up when the others agreed, looking away to hide my cheeks.

 

Baekhyun yawned. Of course he broke the mood.

"Well, I'm going to sleep first. G'NIGHT~" He scrambled up and got ready to sprint upstairs.

Suho grabbed his ankle and stopped him.

"Just WHERE do you think you're going--"

"--Baekhyun haksaeng? HAHAHAHA DO YOU GUYS GET IT I JUST IMMITATED MRS. LEE---OWWW..." Sehun glared at Kai, who had just punched his arm.

 

Suho hyung smiled sweetly at Baekhyun.

"We've gotta decide where Chaerin's going to sleep, first, Baekkie~"

"Um, okay, well, you go on ahead and do that, while I go upstairs and get some sleep--"

Kyungsoo suddenly shot his arm up into the air. He had a dangerous smirk on his face.

 

"I VOTE FOR BAEKHYUN HYUNG TO SLEEP WITH HER."

Baekhyun widened his eyes.

"WHAT. THAT JUST SOUNDED SO WRONG--"

Tao raised his hand too.

"ME TOO."

"ME THREE." Luhan grinned at Baekhyun. He knew he was going to get killed by Baekhyun the next day, but it was worth the look on Baekhyun's face.

 

"ME FOUR."

"FIVE."

"SIX."

"OH SCREW THIS ME ELEVEN."

 

I watched them all gang up on Baekhyun with amusement, and softly giggled when I saw the look on Baekhyun's face.

He clapped his hands once.

"Woah, woah, woah, WOAH. Guys, the decision shouldn't be up to YOU guys, it should be up to CHAERIN'S."

He looked at me with a death glare.

"So, what's your answer?"

 

I looked at the guys behind Baekhyun. They looked like drunk monkeys, wide-eyed and continuously mouthing 'SAY YES SAY YES'.

I smiled in amusement. I looked up at Baekhyun.

 

"Sure."

"HAVE A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP BAEKHYUN HYUNG~ REMEMBER TO NOT VIOLATE CHAERIN NOONA~"

"WELL I HOPE YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT GIRAFFES EATING YOUR HEAD OFF, SEHUN."

Baekhyun slammed the door closed and turned to look at me.

 

I plopped myself down on the bed with an innocent face.

"I call the bed."

 

He sighed and threw some layers of blankets on the floor to the right of the the bed.

"Yeah. I figured."

 

I lay down onto the bed, wondering how long it had been since lying down on one.

Twenty four years?

 

Baekhyun finally stood up after spreading the mattresses out. He crossed his arms, giving me a serious look.

 

"Alright. Let's get this straight. If you're going to stay here stealing MY bed from me and sleeping on MY pillows...."

I blew air into my cheeks boredly. He rolled his eyes and went on.

"First of all, NO SNORING. Do you snore?"

"Nope." Maybe. I don't know.

"Second, NO falling off the bed and suddenly hurling your heavy weight onto my precious body, breaking it into pieces. Understand?"

"Sure." I yawned and rolled on my side to face the other way on the bed.

Baekhyun sighed, I could hear him lay down onto the floor, squirming and shifting to make himself comfortable.

 

"Now, listen carefully. This is the most IMPORTANT one of all, Lee Chaerin."

"Go on." I said boredly.

Baekhyun took another breath.

 

"I TOTALLY understand that since we're alone in the same room, you have your own... desires... and I may seem appealing sometimes as the opposite gender, but don't think of doing anything weird during the night--" 

I threw a pillow down at him.

"OW. THAT WAS MY FACE."

"Well that's even better."

 

All was silent except for the sounds of the crickets outside, through the window.

 

After a few moments, I was half to closing my eyes when Baekhyun suddenly broke the silence.

"Yah Lee Chaerin."

"What."

"How old are you?"

I blinked a few times, a little surprised.

"How old am I?"

"Yeah."

"... Well... Why do you want to know?"

I shifted to the edge of the bed and poked my head out to look at Baekhyun.

"Because if you're thinking of whether you should be formal or informal with me and stuff, you've gotta call me NOONA. For your information,"

I smirked and lay down on my back.

 

"I'm 64."

 

Baekhyun gasped.

"WHAT?!"

"Sixty-four, dongsaeng."

"But, why are you still in a younger form right now?"

"... Because... All ghosts are in the body they were right before they died. And they stay in that same form forever."

"Well, then, that's not fair. Scratch the fact that you're 64. What age is your body right now? Like, how you look currently."

I tapped my chin in thought, thinking back to when I had died.

 

".... I'm.... I'm....."

I frowned.

" I'm 20."

Baekhyun let out a victorious whoop.

"Let me hear it, Lee Chaerin."

"Hear what." I grumbled.

"Oppa. Come on. Say it."

"Nope. I am NOT saying that. I will call you 'Yah' for the rest of my life."

"Awww.. just once. Seriously. I've never been called that not even once in my life."

I raised an eyebrow.

"You only have noonas around you?"

 

Silence.

I began to wonder if I had something bad.

 

".... Donut guy?"

"Yeah. No dongsaengs. Just... a noona."

 

I couldn't help but catch that he had said 'a' noona.

 

"Lee Chaerin."

"What."

"Go to sleep now. I forgot to add, Rule number 4, Be quiet and go to sleep when Baekhyun gets sleepy."

I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. I will."

"Oh yeah, and I forgot to tell you something."

"What?"

"Until we get you enrolled into the school, you've got to hide. People can't know you're here with us."

"... But what if someone suddenly comes barging in one day?"

"... Then we've got to hide you that day."

 

 

I had NO idea that day would be the very next day.

 

 

 
The Author's Note

HEY~ Thanks for subscribing till now :)

hohohohohoho who do you think the person that comes barging into the house will be?

tumblr_m9jgtx61Vm1rnxe9w.gif

 

 

Please comment and upvote~ It will make me HAPPY :D

 

macarooni