01

There's a GHOST in the Dorm

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-chapter one-
❝ Ghosts Don't Exist ❞
 
 

~Byun Baekhyun~

 

"BYUN. BAEK. HYUUUN!!!"

 

Hmmmmm?

I opened my eyes just a millimeter wide, seeing a blurry figure of a woman in my vision.

 

Was that a pot I was hearing?

 

"Baekhyun haksaeng! If you don't wake up, I will automatically fail you in this class right this second!"

Shoot.

I scrambled up from my seat, knocking over a mixing bowl of flour in the proccess.

Oh. So this was cooking class. That explains the pots.

 

I cleared my throat and straightened up, grabbing a whisk like how the rest of the class were doing.

"Yes, Mrs. Kang?"

"Mrs. Lee."

"Yes, Mrs. Lee?"

I could hear the class snicker. Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes.

"Baekhyun, see me after class." She walked back to the front of the classroom to resume the lesson.

 

As you can see, this day was a completely normal day.

It definitely didn't seem like one where a ghost would appear.

 

I sighed, cursing the stupid cooking education department if they actually existed. Why did we need to learn how to cook if we were going to be singers?!

 

The bell rang after a few minutes. It turned out I had slept for longer than I had thought.

I quietly grabbed my bag and looked at Mrs. Lee, who was talking to a student. I smirked and crouched down as I tiptoed to the door.

 

"BAEKHYUN!!"

 

I widened my eyes and gave a death glare at the tall guy who was grinning at me like a fool.

"GOD Chanyeol shut your--"

"Baekhyun haksaeng?! Just WHERE do you think you're going?!" Mrs. Lee's voice rang across the classroom.

I sighed and sheepishly grinned at her, rubbing the back of my neck.

 

"Er.... To throw my gum out? Like a good student should before talking with their teacher?"

A group of girls near me giggled. I gave them a wink.

Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes like what seemed like the tenth time.

"Nevermind, Baekhyun. Just go and never sleep during class again. I have better things to do than try to speak to a guy like you...."

GOOD CHOICE!

"Aww... Alright, then. I guess if you SAY so...."

I immediately sprinted out of the door and ran towards EXO, tackling Chanyeol's neck with my arm.

"YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE DIDN'T YOU."

"MAYBEEE~"

We all headed to the dorm in laughter, which was pretty loud considering that we were twelve full-grown guys.

 

And as you can see, by the way that we were actually laughing...

We had no freaking idea of what was going to happen just ten minutes from then.

 

Ten minutes.

And everything would change.

The second we arrived in front of the door, everything got silent.

Suho hyung looked at us.

 

"Anyone have the key?"

"What?! I thought YOU had the key!"

"No, I gave it to Jongin!"

"Yeah, and then I gave it to Xiumin!"

"Well, I gave it to Luhan!"

"I gave it to Baekhyun!"

 

Everyone turned to look at me. I blinked.

"Umm... I think I may have left it inside the dorm."

 

Everyone groaned. I sighed.

"Fine, fine, fine. I'll go through the window and open the door for you guys."

 

It was from then when everything started to become freaky.

 

First of all, let me tell you that the window is a good three yards from the ground. But that was okay with me. I opened the window and jumped into the living room.

 

Was it just me, or was the lighting darker than usual?

 

I looked around. The room was empty, of course, but I had a eery feeling creep up my back.

Why was it so...... cold?

 

The air conditioner! Yeah. The air conditioner. That was probably it. I quickly reassured myself.

 

I walked out of the living room and towards the front door to open it for the members.

That was when a soft 'thump' sounded above my head.

 

I froze.

What.... was... Why....

I slowly turned around, suddenly realizing then that the lights had actually been ON. When they were supposed to be off since Suho hyung had turned them off before leaving.

 

And how scary is that.

 

I looked towards the staircase, heading over to it with a creepy feeling inside of me.

Surely, I was just hearing things. No one would....

 

No one would be in the dorm.

 

I gasped when I saw that the lights in the hallway were on. The rooms were all dark, so how could......

I stopped and looked at my room. It was dark as well.

I slowly walked towards it, trying to man up.

 

Suho hyung must've forgotten the hallway lights. Yeah. And.. and... the sound I heard was probably just my imagination...

 

I opened the door to my room. Everything was pitch black.

I reached over to turn on the lights. I flicked them on with one quick swipe.

 

And ladies and gentlemen, I swear that I could've fell unconcscious right then and there.

 

In front of me was a girl. Long, straight, jet black hair. Pale, freakishly white skin. A pair of red, dark lips. And complete with a long, white robe covering her feet and arms.

 

A painful, cold chill ran down my spine.

My jaw dropped.

"G-g-g-g-g-gh--"

"A ghost. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a ghost. Get over the fact and straighten up already before I start laughing at how you look right now."

 

I gasped. I could feel the sanity seep away from me second by second.

SHE ACTUALLY SPOKE.

 

A ghost.

She said it herself.

A ghost.

 

There's a ghost in the dorm.

 

"P-PARK CHANYEOL! GET YOUR OVER HERE QUICK!" I yelled out the window.

 

Yes, Baekhyun. Good job. Keep yourself together. Everything will be alright.

The rest of the members would know what to do.

They would be more sane than me.

 

It turned out that I was the most sane one of the twelve.

 

I looked around me.

 

Luhan looked like he was hyperventilating, breathing heavily without stopping.

Chanyeol kept on doing this 'ask-and-run' thing. He would timidly ask the ghost girl a question, and then cover his ears and say 'OH MY GOD NEVERMIND I CAN'T HEAR YOU NO DON'T SPEAK, A GHOST ISN'T SPEAKING TO ME LALALALALALA.' just when she was about to speak.

Xiumin, Chen, and Lay were currently stiff and frozen. I poked each of their shoulders. Nope. They're not moving.

And on the couch, Kyungsoo kept muttering to himself wiith his humongo eyes, "Ghosts aren't real. Ghosts aren't real."

Meanwhile, Kris was on this 'pacing around the room' thing, going back and forth while muttering words I couldn't hear to himself.

 

Kai ran out of the house.

 

Sehun was all alone in a corner in the kitchen, his knees crouched against his chest and his face facing the wall.

Was it me, or is the thumping noise from upstairs Tao doing kungfu moves?

 

All the while, it took me a while to notice Suho hyung in the dinner table. He had his hands on the sides of his head as if he was thinking deeply, not making a sound or move.

I waited for him to stand up.

He did.

"Guys."

Somehow, everything that had been going on stopped. Just like that. The last thing I heard was a faint 'real' in Kyungsoo's chant.

 

Suho hyung waited until everyone gathered around and was looking at him. Even until Tao came downstairs and Kai came back home, sweating.

He pointed at the chair across from him for the ghost girl to sit in. She did, and we all had to look away to stop from yelping in fear.

 

Cause, I mean.

There was a ghost. In the house.

 

I peeked at her.

She looked seriously annoyed and in a way, tired. I sort of felt bad for her, having to always face this kind of reaction whenever she was seen by humans.

 

Oh who was I kidding she was a freaking GHOST.

 

Suho hyung cleared his throat.

 

"Are you really a.... a... g-ghost?"

"Yeah." She replied bluntly.

Almost all at once, all twelve us gasped dramatically. The girl rolled her eyes.

 

Suho hyung cleared his throat again. We had been expecting that answer, but still were freaked out of the confirmation.

His voice came out high-pitched.

"So... H-How are you... you know.... here?"

The girl casually raised her arm up to the right to tap her chin. The guys near her right side quickly scrambled back. She glared at them.

 

The girl took a deep breath. Her voice came out in the same, clear, water-like voice that was so unusually uncommon.

 

"My name is Lee Chaerin. And yes, I'm a ghost. The reason how I ended up here in this form..."

She suddenly looked towards me and pointed a long, slender finger at me.

 

"Was because of him."

My jaw dropped.

 

"What?!" I squeaked.

 

 

 
The Author's Note

HEY GUEYS~

I'm sorry for the y first chapter. But we all know the first chapter always .

The next will be better. I promise :)

 

UNTIL THEN~~

macarooni