02

There's a GHOST in the Dorm

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-chapter two-
❝ A Donut Mess ❞
 
 

~LEE CHAERIN~

 

I guess this story starts off with me getting mad for no reason.

I mean, there WAS a reason, but it wasn't a good one.

 

You see.... I was hungry.

But before I was hungry, I was getting.... bullied.

 

Nah.

More like getting into a fight.

 

"Careless. That's what you are. I can't believe you actually scared that innocent KID away!"

I scoffed at Suzy.

"Oh, so now, you're making ME the bad guy."

"You ARE the bad guy, Chaerin. I think it's time you realize that. You're the worst. Ghost. Alive." Suzy hissed.

Hyuna snickered.

"More like DEAD."

 

Oh. Like SHE isn't dead. We're ALL dead, you idiots.

 

I stood up, eyes blazing with anger.

Oh, WHY did they have to bother me?! I was in such a bad mood already!

 

So, I guess that was when the day officially became a bad day.

 

I stomped away from Suzy's laughter and Hyuna's mocking snickers. They weren't the only ones that teased my 'carelessness'.

I guess there wasn't a single ghost in Seoul that didn't.

 

"That little stupid little..."

I was in tight trance of repeating curse words over and over again, adding Suzy and Hyuna's names here and there.

 

And it happened to be right then when my hunger struck in.

Yes. I was hungry. And yes, ghosts can get hungry, mind you. We were humans once too. 

It's just that... we can't just barge in to any sushi restaurant and order up. And even if we DID, it wouldn't be long until people called 911 and screamed that there was a floating menu and a chair that just moved by itself.

 

You see, ghosts are invisible.

I encourage you to remember that fact. It'll really come in handy throughout the story.

 

Anyways, since ghosts can't buy food like humans, we have to steal. Which we had a great advantage in since cops can't really chase us down the street to arrest us.

That morning, I was craving for a donut. Not a big deal. All you had to do was to pick a donut from a kid's hand when he's not looking.

They would cry at first. But then they would forget about it, being the cool kids they are.

 

But that morning, I happened to have found a..kid...who was just....

He was a different kid.

 

"So you're saying that Mrs. Lee let you go because of your... pfft.... charms?"

"Oh, shut up, Baekhyun. She probably had better stuff to do than to talk to a guy like you."

 

I turned around to see a huge group of guys with their backs toward me. A particular guy caught my eye.

And waalaah~

He had a donut in his hand.

 

I smiled and did a little dance, following after the perfect target.

 

"Hyung, were you eavesdropping?!"

"So I was RIGHT."

 

I yawned, eavesdropping on THEM.

Hmmm.... when should I make my move?

 

The guys were loud, with different guys in different conversations all at once. Some of them looked at their... 2013 devices that were probably phones. I got bored right away, having walked such a long way following a bunch of loud people.

As a ghost, I didn't like loud things.

Because loud things means honks, and honks mean cars, and cars, mean car crashes.

Which most ghosts really, REALLY don't like.

Nuh uh. Not at all.

 

I sighed, getting annoyed that these people were so packed together. If only they were spread a bit more apart. I could sneak in an take the donut away with a quick swipe of my hand.

They walked a lot more, talking and talking and getting me more annoyed.

GOD WHEN WILL THEY STOP.

Before long, I found myself speeding up my pace, which I did a lot when I got impatient.

And before long, I accidentally bumped into one of the guys. When I looked up, it was the donut guy.

 

He stopped, causing the rest of the guys to stop. I suddenly felt really self-conscious. I mean, who wouldn't if you made twelve guys suddenly stop at the same time?

The donut guy that I had bumped into turned around, facing me. He scanned my area with a confused frown.

 

"Is it me, or did something just bump into my back?"

"It's just you, Baekhyun hyung. There's nothing there."

He frowned.

"But... I could've sworn....."

 

And that was when he met eye contact with me.

Of course I knew he couldn't see me. But still, I was shocked and creeped out by the freaky coincidence. His eyes actually landed right on mine, a ghost's.

Which was a pretty freaky thing for a ghost like me.

 

He... He couldn't see me.

Right?

 

It hadn't been a second before his eyes left mine, and I let out a relieved breath.

 

The guy scratched his head.

"Huh.... Must've been the wind....."

"Or maybe a GHOST~~"

"Haha, Sehun. That's hilarious. Ghosts don't exist."

 

No .

 

Another few minutes passed, and finally, one of them muttered, "We're almost there."

I pumped my fist into the air. YES. Now if only they could spread out a weetle more once they stop....

 

They stopped in front of a building. I looked up.

It was strangely familiar.

 

Okay. Now this is getting creepy.

 

All I wanted was a donut, not a human to actually creepily meet my eyes nor an eerily familiar building.

I frowned as I studied the building.

 

This place.....

 

It brought chills down my spine. And I didn't know why.

 

"Anyone have the key?" One guy suddenly spoke up.

"WHAT?! I thought YOU had the key!"

"No, I gave it to Jongin!"

"Yeah, and then I gave it to Xiumin!"

 

I rolled my eyes, knowing where this was going. I quickly turned back to the building.

Seriously, it looked like.... It looked like....

 

I frowned.

What DID it look like?!

 

Without knowing it, I found myself walking closer to it. I went through the walls and inside the building in one big step.

And sure enough, the inside of it looked familiar as well.

 

The white walls, white furniture....

It strangely led me back slowly into a memory. I had a quick, blurry flashback.

 

The white couch. I remember seeing....

red on it.

 

I frowned and the lights of the room. This place HAD been a place where I had been before. Everything looked like they had been inside a memory of mine.

It's just that..... WHAT memory?!

 

I walked past the kitchen and past the living room, checking them out and turning the lights on in the rooms. Like expected, the lights couldn't make up for my presence, and looked dimmer with a ghost in the house.

My feet took me upstairs, where I spotted six different rooms across the hallway. I randomly chose the one in the very left, somehow with my instincts, and opened the door to the room.

 

All in one second, everything familiar about this building hit me at once.

The carpeting, that window, the wallpaper, the model of the room. EVERYTHING about this place.

 

 

This had been the place where I had DIED.

 

 

Right when I realized that, I suddenly felt a sharp tinge on the back of my neck. The feeling travelled down to my back, my legs, my arms. I frowned and tried to shake it off.

And that's when I felt a sudden, huge, force go against my chest.

I fell back with a yelp, crashing against the wall. I groaned and rubbed my shoulder in pain.

 

Wait.

 

Did I just say PAIN?

 

I felt PAIN?! ME, a GHOST?!

 

I scrambled back up, realizing that I felt different... heavier... than normal. As if I was literally denser.

I found my way to wall. I held my breath and took a big step to walk through it.

 

My foot met only a solid, hard, surface.

 

I froze, and then tried again and again. I should be able to.... I should be able to transfer through walls without feeling it and--

 

I turned around and breathed heavily, panicking.

What was happening?! Why did I feel this way?! How--

It was then when I caught sight of the mirror in the room.

 

The room was still dark. I hadn't the lights yet. But I could still make shape of the figure reflecting before my eyes.

It was ME.

I, a ghost, was reflecting through the mirror.

 

I ran up to the mirror, staring at the long-forgotten face reflecting before me with utter schock.

No way.

Was I in human form?!

 

I felt pain. I couldn't walk through walls. I reflected on the mirror.

 

I was in human form.

 

I was a ghost that was in human form.

Half ghost half human.

 

I gasped in shock.

In other words....

"I'm a ghost that can be seen by humans now..."

 

That was when the door opened.

It was the donut guy.

~BYUN BAEKHYUN~

 

"And THAT'S how I ended up here." The girl finished.

 

We all stared back at her, jaws dropped and minds whirling.

I frowned, going back to what she had said before.

 

"But then how is this all MY fault?!"

"Well, YOU'RE the one that led me here because of the donut."

"Yeah, but I seriously never knew a GHOST was following me for the donut!"

I suddenly frowned at her.

"And HOW could you even think of stealing MY donut?!"

 

Suho hyung shushed me and sighed, his eyes back to that thinking mode of his.

He looked up at Chaerin.

 

"Alright. He's at fault here."

I widened my eyes.

"WHAT. I AM?!"

Suho hyung gave me a look.

"Yeah. You are. Think about it. If it wasn't for you and your donut, nothing would've happened."

 

This day was officially a bad day.

 

Suho hyung went on.

"And... for now, I think you should stay here. You're a human, now. Think of it like that. No one should know you're a ghost, and they should keep thinking you're a human."

He tapped his chin.

"For now, go to SMENT University with us, and act as a human until you turn back into a ghost. We'll house you while you figure a way to turn back."

Everyone looked at him with wide eyes.

"We are?!"

"Yeah. We are. No matter how much you think, you'll never find a better way."

He was right. We all thought our brains out that one minute, and we all sighed in failure.

Chaerin looked at Suho hyung with a frown.

 

"I have to act human?!"

"Shouldn't it be easy? You were human before, right?" Chen asked.

Chaerin scoffed.

"Yeah. Like 20 years ago. I don't even know whatever you guys are holding right now.. you know... those devices.."

Kai blinked.

"You mean the smartphones?"

"... Smartphones?" She said it as if it was a foreign word to her. Which it was.

 

Suho hyung sighed and crossed his arms.

 

"Looks like we're going to have a LOT to teach you."

"But before we do that.." Kai looked at Chaerin up and down. He flinched.

 

 

"We're really going to have to fix your look."

 

 

 

 

 
The Author's Note

hehehehehehee

this is going to be fun :)

 

This.... to....

 

Anyways..

I ACTUALLY DID A DOUBLE UPDATE~ HURRAYYYYY!

tumblr_m2xbmbaRye1qjd39po1_500.gif

 

Please comment and upvote~

Thanks :D

 

macarooni