Home

Timeless Friendship - Yunho

The sun soon rose as the temperature rose as well. The seagulls started clucking as the young adults began to awake from their slumber. Yunho gently woke you with a smile. You were confused as to where you were. He gently calmed your alarmed state.

“Would you like to go in the water today?” He asked

“I would love to” You said as he helped you up and you both walked to where your things were placed. May was back there sleeping with several guys looking over her. You took off your sun dress and your light blue tank top that you were wearing as well as Yunho’s shirt that he had given you for the night. You pulled the daisy out of your hair as Yunho ran with you into the water. He found two stray surf boards. He helped you on one as he hopped on the other.

“Hold my ankles and I will pull you out to the open water” Yunho offered as his strong arms positioned his board so that you could grab his ankles. You held on tightly as the waves rolled in splashing against the board into your face. Soon you were out in the calm water. You laid on your board as Yunho sat up and held your board so that you wouldn’t float away from him.

“Are you new here?” Yunho asked

“No I just don’t go to parties” You said drawing something in the cool water

“Why not?” Yunho asked with a curious expression

“I don’t really like them because I am always the outcast, and I never have anyone to hang out with” You said

“What about your friend, May?” Yunho asked as he pulled your board closer to him

“She is really the party animal, guys just hoard around her, she leaves me and then I am all alone” You say laying your head on your folded arms

“Well I think that you made the right choice about coming to this party” Yunho said as he looked across the ice blue water.

“Me too” You closed your eyes relaxing to the motion of the water beneath you.

Some guys pulled up on Jet Ski’s next to you. Their waves rocked your board as you sat up like Yunho.

“Is she the one this week Yunho?” One of the guys called as he took off with his buddies. You turned to Yunho.

“What does that mean?” You asked

“They are just old friends that knew me as I was but not as I am now.” Yunho said trying to not make you uncomfortable.

They drove off speedily making waves catching you off balance causing you to fall off of your board. Yunho dove in after you. He pulled you out of the water and helped you on your board.

“Sorry… Yunho” You coughed the salty water out of your lungs as you sat on your board

“I think we should get you to shore.” Yunho said as he regained his position on his board, pulling you to shore. He pulled you to shore and carried you to your towel. He handed you a water bottle and you drank it with haste trying to get the salt out of your system.

“I think I should go home, I don’t feel well” You said as you gathered your things

“Do you have anyone to take care of you?” Yunho helped put your things away in your bag

“No, I think I can manage” You said with a couple more lung breaking coughs

“Let me take care of you, at least let me give you a ride home” Yunho offered as he helped you up from your crouched position. He led you to his car and helped you into the passenger seat. You gave him directions to your apartment as you hacked your lungs out a couple more times. He helped you to the door and carried your things into the entrance way. You lay on the couch as Yunho grabbed you some more water from the fridge. He came over to you and sat on the couch as he lifted your head onto his thigh. He moved your hair off of your forehead. His back of his hand traveled down your cheek.

“Are you feeling warm?” Yunho asked as he turned his hand over on your cheek

“A little bit” You confessed. He gently lifted your head and set it on the couch below. He came back a couple minutes later with an ice cold towel and a bowl.  He patted the cool towel over your head as he placed a pillow under your head. You began to cough again and Yunho made you sip some more water. Your phone buzzed on the counter.

“Would you mind grabbing that for me Yunho?” You asked as you weakly pointed to the counter

“Sure” He got up and walked over to the buzzing phone. He handed it to you and you answered the text from May. “What does it say?”

“Oh, May just said that she isn’t going to be coming home tonight” You rolled your eyes as Yunho smirked at your actions. Yunho resumed his dabbling of the cool towel on your warm skin. You started to fall asleep but whined in discomfort as your temperature rose higher with every hour.

“I think you need to go home Yunho” You opened your eyes slightly

“Why? You are in bad condition right now, you can’t even walk around your own home.” Yunho defended his stay

“Ok, you can stay” You smiled as you closed your eyes and moaned again. His hand rose to your head and your hair as you fell asleep.

Throughout the night he stayed by your side, making sure that you fever was decreasing. He worked tirelessly over you to make sure that you were comfortable.

The sun shone through the windows filling up the space with a warm white hue that brightened everything that it touched.  Your eyes gently fluttered open to find Yunho’s head laying on your thigh and your hand in his. You sat up trying not to bother him. You petted his head and played with his hair until his awakened a couple of minutes later.

“Are you feeling better?” Yunho asked as he rubbed his eyes like a little child.

“Much better, sorry you had to sleep on the floor” You chuckled

“It is ok” He said as he closed his eyes again

“Here” You patted the couch cushion next to you. He moved to the space and reclined underneath you as you laid on his chest remembering all of the wonderful memories that you had made together in the last seventy two hours.