2.

Goodbye, Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning found us on the terrace of a coffee shop. We stopped for a while in the first town we came across. Although I knew he was tired, Chanyeol kept saying otherwise. He barely slept a couple of hours around dawn, after he drove all night.

Chanyeol drank his Americano, savoring each and every bit of warmth the coffee sent through his body. I ordered a Viennese coffee for myself, and drank it easily, munching beside some delicious coconut biscuits. He had his chin supported by his palm, as he was elbowing the round table. His gaze was so profound, holding so many emotions, that I felt breathless. He intimidated even with the simplest of a gaze.

“How long has it been, since you last drank coffee?” He asked, while he took a sip; eyes like chocolate never leaving me.

I stared into them. Bad choice. I felt like my whole being was exposed to him, feeling that he could read me like an open book. The way he looked at me, that intense, and seductive gaze, it made me feel like he knew me, the real me, just the way I was.

“For a year, add or take a couple of months.” Eventually, I found the necessary strength to answer him. 

My throat felt much better, the soreness pushed back a little. Thanks to the coffee.

And, if you wonder, of course we are not using our own money. Call us hooligans, but... I could care less. Spending the last twelve hours with him, it made me realize that nothing else matters, when you have a secured path. Like following your dream. He was a chaser, and converted me into one as well. We were chasing. Constantly. Restlessly. Endlessly.

“Should we go shopping after breakfast?” Chanyeol suggested.

This boy surprised me more and more. I knew he was chic, so I figured he would be a fashionista, but... not to that extent. I mean, I know I am definitely not a shopaholic, nor do I have any fashion sense, but, meh. Let’s go with the flow.

“Why, are you ashamed with me?” I raised a brow.

“I am, actually.” He chuckled, and pinched my nose.

His ways of teasing me just…!

So, after breakfast, we walked around the city. We also paid attention to the local news. I was worried about the missing car, and the two insane, and apparently eloped patients. But Chanyeol, he had an explanation for everything.

“Only the local police was announced, upon our disappearance. It will take another half a day, up to one, until the reports will arrive to the press. That is two days from now on. And in those two days, we will already play with our feet in the sand.” He spoke dreamily and suddenly held my hand.

I was taken aback, but smiled anyway. I loved his airhead personality.

“The missing van? Well, police usually doesn’t involve itself with hipsters. Besides, the money and guns must be related to drugs and whatnot. So, no police involved. Maybe the mafia...” He looked down at me and wiggled his eyebrows.

I chuckled and nudged his arm. He let out a snicker too.

Our personalities were total opposites. Where he was a dreamer, I was down to earth. I wondered, and worried, what will happen, after we get to the sea? Will we part ways, and never see each other again? Will we stick together, as fugitives? Will we return to the hospital? Or... will we die in between?

“We should go in.” Chanyeol said, and pushed me in a store.

It had both men and women’s clothes. He held me by my shoulder, and we headed to the women’s section. He chose different pieces of clothing, as if he already knew my size. Chanyeol then handed them to me, and motioned for me to go get changed in the dressing room. In the meanwhile, he sat himself comfortably on an armchair and waited, busying himself with a magazine.

I tried several outfits, and, surprisingly, each one fit perfectly. I liked them all, but Chanyeol turned down each one of them. I was getting frustrated by him. I went out with the final outfit, to which he miraculously agreed. It was simple, casual clothing, which consisted of denim shorts, a large, blue and white stripped tee, and a light beige cardigan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter