1.

Goodbye, Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like any other day, I sneaked away from my room and leaped to the park. Actually, it was to search for him. Lately, everything I did had something to do with this guy.

 There he was, sleeping on his usual bench, wearing his pajamas. I stepped to him, all smiling, and took my time in taking in his perfect features. His hair was dark and short, but framed his face ever so perfectly, his skin white, maybe too pale for it to be healthy – but then again, we were in a hospital – his lips plump and a weak pink, wearing such a y shape, that they asked to be ravaged, his nose pointed, but otherwise so perfect, his now closed eyes bore long and thick lashes. He was perfect in every way.

Chocolate eyes opened to greet me, and I waved him ‘hello’. He got up, ruffled his hair and rubbed his eyes. Then, he looked at me again.

“Jinri, you’re blocking the sunlight.” He teased me with that husky voice of his. 

It’s been months since I’ve gotten to know him, since I met Park Chanyeol. The oh-so charming patient from the hospital. I heard nurses talk about him a lot, and I had to agree to everything they said. He was just that handsome. Wide shoulders, long legs, a very nice and round , and he also had a trained body. Oh, and he was also two years older than me, which makes him twenty-one.

I shrugged and sat on the bench, next to him. He blew out air, and placed his head on my lap, crossing his arms over his chest. I chuckled, already used to his sudden actions.

“Sing me a song. I miss hearing your voice. Your singing voice.” He smiled slyly at me, as his chocolate eyes bore into mine.

I cleared my throat. I had a dull ache since yesterday.

“I cannot sing. My throat hurts.” My voice was husky and dry, or sounded probably weirder, because he chuckled lightly.

The one thing which was never mentioned was the reason why we were both here. That was unneeded, anyway.

Chanyeol sighed.

I looked at a tree, while playing with his hair. His raven locks were too beautiful and too silky, to be left alone. I looked down at him, he looked up at me.

“I want to see the sea.” He said longingly, like a child.

“Hmm…” I looked up at the crystal-blue sky.

Actually, I didn’t want to see it. I didn’t like the sea that much. Strange, that he was telling me this kind of stuff.

“Let’s run away.”

I gasped, and looked down to the big baby from my lap, and was welcomed by his intense gaze that sent me trembling every night.

“Are you out of your mind?!” I forced out, much to his amusement.

“No.” He got up, looking at me seriously.

He held my hands, and I tried to hold myself from blushing.

“We don’t have infinite on our side. You and I, we are both racing against time, and losing miserably. As my last wish, accompany me to the sea.” Chanyeol spoke, so charmingly.

But I knew: there was a tinge of despair in his voice, in his eyes. I have never seen him act like that. His last wish... Sure, I would gladly fulfill it for him.

“Okay...” I nodded.

I can’t even explain the happiness and joy written on his face. He smiled widely, which was a surprise. Even his ever-so cold and chic eyes lightened up, and they smiled along his mouth. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into his hard, but warm chest. I knew I blushed, I felt my cheeks feverish. And his heartbeat... It felt like his was in perfect synchronization with mine.

Even his fragrance... of his skin or perfume, I don’t know, but it drove my senses high.

“Thank you, Jinri-ah, thank you!” Chanyeol said with happiness, and did not seem to want to let me go.

It felt like an eternity, the moments we embraced. I wish I would return to that time, to freeze time at that moment, and to be forever in his touch.

Sadly, he pulled away. I tried to mask the disappointment.

“Let’s meet here at midnight. Just take some clothes, whatever.” Chanyeol added with hurry.

“But... How are we going to escape?” I cleaned my throat. “And how will we get to the sea?” I finished with pain in my throat.

Chanyeol grinned widely. It died off, as his eyes trailed to my throat, what I was massaging.

“Ah. But you are weak. You can barely speak.” He shook his head. “Let’s drop it. Sorry for pulling you in.” Chanyeol was about to walk away, but I grabbed his hand.

“Let’s go!” I forced out with a dry voice.

He sat back on the bench, and forced a smile. His fingertips gently grazed my skin, from my forehead to my chin. I leaned into his touch, loving each millisecond of it. He then drew his hand away.

“Thank you.” He said gingerly, and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

 

 

Midnight came, and we met at the promised bench. Chanyeol’s smile was so wide, so bright, that the aching in my throat seemed to fade. Judging by his smile, I guess he really wanted to see the sea. And since none of us were allowed to leave the hospital, the need to fulfill our wishes was stronger. His wish. Mine was to see Chanyeol happy.

Chanyeol winked at me, when he saw me tiptoeing to him in the darkest hour, and said a sloppy ‘hello’. He then held my hand, and pulled me after him. Actually, I had no idea where we were going, but I was charmed by him. Even the simplest sight of his back, in the dark of the night could send my heart aflutter.

His fashion sense was as chic as him. He wore a white tee, with a plaid shirt over it, tugged in black jeans and a pair of converses. He had endless leather and metal bracelets on both wrists, and a pair of chic sunglasses placed onto his tee, the last accessory being the rosary he always wore. I could feel his cologne, strong and manly, bewitching my senses. Some messy strands of hair flickered when pale lights shone over them, but that was it. Oh, and there was something in the back of his pocket, something similar to a medicine flask. Yes, yes, I also took my time in checking out his bottom.

I decided not to fret about the flask, and I was reminded what a loser I might look like. My only pro was my hair. Long, brown and wavy. I was not that slim, nor was I petite. And I was tall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter