Learning the Ropes;;

Fate's Curse

Got it....covered? I asked myself. I stared at this mysterious man, wondering if he was even human at all, or if he was just using this form as a cover. I found a slight bit of courage deep inside me and said,

" Er...I don't even know you, what's your name..."

The young man chuckled, " Ahaha, wow. You'd rather know my name, more than what I've done to your family? Or, what I could possibly do to you? Or, if I'm even a human for that matter...You're a brave one, I've got to admit. "

I stared at this freak, unamused. The small level of fear within me was starting to fade, for some odd reason. 
" So uh...name? "

He sighed, sounding annoyed. " Donghae, Lee Donghae. "

" Ah, okay. I'm Ta- "

" TaeMi, Kwon TaeMi. Right? " He interupted me, smirking.

" Uh...yeah. How did you...know that..."

"Aha, I have my ways..."

" W-What are you...? " I carefully removed my arms from his grasp and moved away slowly. Suddenly, I tripped over the bed post and flew back. The next thing I know, I'm looking up into his eyes with his arms wrapped around me.

" How did you...catch me so fast? WHAT ARE YOU? " I asked, more stern. He quickly pulled me up and sat me down on his bed, with him taking a seat next to me.

" Okay, look. I am one of the 6 Protectors of this world. It is my job to watch over this world, along with 5 others. We are known as the Light. "

" What do you mean watch over this world? You mean like, protect us from natural world disasters or what? "

" No, not exactly...What I mean is, there are others like us. Except, their intentions are the opposite of ours. For example, we try to avoid getting into deep trouble anytime, anywhere, with anyone. When we are among the humans, we look completely normal. But, we try our best to avoid getting into fights or any sort of trouble. The Dark, though, have experienced a painful past in their lives and they choose to torment anyone, just so they can feel the suffering they had to go through. "

" I see....wait so, since you just pretend to walk amongst us as humans, does that mean you go to school too? & that...this house is legit? & ALSO, do you have family that live here, like, Parents or Siblings? "

" ...OKAY, first off. You're really not scared of me, or what I just told you? You don't even doubt that I could just be BS'ing you? "

" Er, no? Why should I be scared of you, you don't seem harmful...much. & Plus, if you were BS'ing me, wouldn't you have exagherated everything even more? You would probably even try to make me do some crazy ritual, if you were BS'ing me. Anyways, Donghae-ssi, you didn't answer my question..."

" Huh, you really are one of the chosen ones...you're not scared at all...Oh, right, back to your question. Well, yes I do go to school and yes, I do have a real legit house and family. But the thing is, if i'm not walking around on Earth and I'm in the Light realm, I don't exist here. "

I gave him a confused look, " ....Exist? "

" Yes, it's kind of complicated, so listen carefully. When a Protector is on Earth, we live a normal life. We have our family, we have a house, we have friends, we go to school. We exist. But when we go back to the Light realm, it's like all record of us has dissapeared here on Earth. Nobody has any memory of us, the schools have no intel on us, it's like we never existed. But when we come back to Earth, it's like nothing ever changed, and we never left. We attend school normally again, they have our records of course. Memory of us are restored back into those we know. Do you get it?

" Mmmm....Yeah, I think so. It's interesting how things work...WAIT! I recognize you, you're the Lee Donghae that attends the college a couple miles away from Seoul Acadamy, where I go to school! All the Freshman and Sophmore always spazz over you! "

" Ahaha, uh yeah, that's me. & uh...YOU haven't spazzed over me, not even once? " He said, smirking.

" Well...iunno, maybe just once...WAIT WAIT WAIT, HEY. LET'S GET BACK ON SUBJECT! So anyways....uhm, I kept hearing you mumble that I...have something sealed in me? Or that I'm a 'chosen' one? "

" Yeah...Well, the thing is. A time comes when the Protectors need to find those with a power sealed inside them. Basically, they're the future generation of Protectors. Funny because, us 6 Protectors are all guys...and all of the ones we found with the power sealed within them are girls, ahahaha. But anyways, we must train these future Protectors just incase something happens to us, that way, the Protector we trained can take over our position. However, all of us have been sensing a dark power manifesting itself more than usual. We must train our trainees even quicker now, and more efficiantly. We must also protect our trainees, as well as Earth at the same time. "

" So...you're...my Protector? You're going to, train me? "

" Huh, seems like it. Well, we have no time to waste! "

Donghae grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the door.

" WELL WAIT! That ' existing ' thing you explained to me earlier, does that apply to me, and  to the other trainees, too? And also, if we're going to be spending time together not only in the Light realm, but also on Earth, schoolmates and our family will get suspicious, won't they? We need some sort of cover! "

" Gosh, do you have like, ADD or something? HAHAHAHA! Oh gosh...Well, first things first. Yes, that whole 'existing' thing applies to you and the others too. As of now, your family is sleeping right now, & I made them think that you are safe and sound in your bed right now. By the way, when we were exchanging names, it seemed like you didn't care much what could've happened to your family....is there something going on between you & them? "

" Hm...We'll get into that later. It's...not important. Anyways, we need some sort of cover, since we're going to be together often. Ideas? "

Donghae chuckled, then smirked. " Just call me ' Jagiya ', my Love. "