Meeting the Crew;;

Fate's Curse

The next thing I knew, Donghae grabbed my wrist and said, " Watch this. " With a simple snap of his fingers, a light flashed and I found myself standing in front of a beautiful white mansion. Unlike Earth, it was day time here, where ever we were. It was a beautiful day, with the sun shining bright.

" Come with me, I want you to meet the others! " Donghae quickly grabbed my hand and led me inside and up the stairs.

" Er...Oppa, where are we? "

" Awww, calling me Oppa already? How shweeeet! " Donghae said, mockingly.

" YAH! Shut up...Where are we? " I said, pouting.

" We're in the Light Realm, duuuh! This is where all of us Protectors live and train, so get comfortable because you'll be here a lot. "

We walked down a long hall with tons of doors, till we reached the end of the hall where we stood in front of a large white door. Before he opened the door, Donghae snapped his fingers and his ripped clothing transformed into dark grey jeans, a white shirt, and a striped vest. He turned to me & smiled. Then, his smile faded as quick as it came. " You're...still in your uniform? " I looked down, & realized I was still in my waitressing clothes. " Uh, yeah...sorry? " Donghae sighed, then said. " Here. " He snapped his fingers, & my uniform then became a short floral dress with a thin grey cardigan. My scuffed up shoes then turned into gladiator sandals. Donghae then opened the door and pulled me inside. 

" HEY, STAND UP & SHOW SOME RESPECT! We have a new trainee, introduce yourselves. "

" Hah, " scoffed a young man with orange hair, " trying to show off as the Leader, in front of the newbie? Very funny Hyung, very funny... "  The boy, along with a girl with short hair, appeared in front of me in an instant. I studied him carefully. He had an adorable face! He was wearing simple " at home " clothes - basket ball shorts with a white tee. 

" Annyeonghaseo, I'm Taemin. Lee Taemin. " He said to me, with a nice smile. 

" & I'm Min-ji, Gong Min-ji; but you can call me Minzy if you'd like! I'm Taemin's trainee. " said a girl with short dark brown hair. She looked really cute, with her white shorts and striped yellow tank top. 

" A-Annyeonghaseo...I'm Tae- " 

" You're TaeMi, Kwon TaeMi. Hehehehe..." giggled Taemin. 

I stared at him, a bit shocked. " Uhm, yeah...how do you guys do that? I mean, first Donghae Oppa...Now you..."

Taemin let out a laugh. " Aha, well, I guess Hyung didn't do enough explaining, now did he? You see, us Protectors all share basic skills. We are all very quick in speed, and we all, well, I guess you can say we all have telepathy but only with each other. "

" Eh, guraeyo? Hmph, well, thanks for letting me know, Donghae - Oppa. " I said, making a face at him.

" Uh...I...forgot? " He replied, shrugging his shoulders. 

" Aha, well. Did he also tell you he is the Leader of the Light? Well, under the Elders, that is. Or that we all specialize in a certain field of abilites? " said a rather tall young man with dark brown hair, walking towards me, Hae, Taemin, & Minzi. He was dressed in board shorts and a grey wifebeater, I assumed he went swimming?

" GURAEYO? AH, I SEE. Well, thanks for informing me, 'Jagiya'  " I said, playfully glaring at him now.

" Haha, I'm Shim Changmin, but you can call me Max. Nice to meet you, TaeMi. This, " He said, pointing at the small girl next to him, " is my trainee Hyun Ah, Kim Hyun Ah. " 

" Ah, annyeong! " she said smiling at me. Since she was wearing a dark blue tank top with a silver star on the bottom corner of it with black shorts, I couldn't help but notice a tatoo by her shoulder.

" Eh? Uhm, Hyun Ah - ssi, I'm sorry if this comes off as rude. But what does your tattoo say? "

She giggled at me, then said, " Hahaha, TaeMi! No need to be so formal, we're all going to be working together, you don't need to be so formal. Ah, well, my tattoo says ' My mother is the heart, that keeps me alive ' " 

I nodded, " Kekeke, araso, I'll keep that in mind. & I like your tattoo, by the way! Mmm, Changmin Oppa, since you mentioned that we all...specialize, in different fields. What do you specialize in? "

" Well, Hyun Ah & I are....Hm, I guess you can call us ' Weapon Masters ' because what we do is mainly focus on weapons. We train with things like swords & knives, things like that. "

I nodded in fascination. I then turned to Taemin and Minzy. " What do you guys specialize in? "

They both smirked, then Minzy said, " Maybe we should show you instead. " With a quick snap of her fingers, everybody in the room appeared outside behind the mansion, in a huge meadow surrounded by trees. 

" Gee, a little warning next time would be nice, Minzy " said a boy with dark hair that kind of flared out.

Minzy ignored him, then everybody gathered around.

" Hehe, ready Taemin? "

All I saw next was Minzy & Taemin take off, all they left behind was a trail of dust. In the next second, two people tapped both sides of my shoulder. I looked to my left seeing Minzy, then to my right seeing Taemin.

" Whoa! You guys are so fast! " 

Taemin chuckled. " Well, yeah! Minzy & I are the fastest out of all the Protectors & Trainees, I guess you could consider us ' Ninjas. ' We are incredibly fast, & our intellect is amazingly high. "

I smiled in amazement, then I heard a girl's voice say, " Ahaha, that was good Minzy, Taemin. But we'll show you something to gaze in awe at, huh Mir? "

" Yup, you know it! "

A girl with brown hair in a short yellow summer dress and a boy with black hair in khaki shorts and a white shirt appeared in front of me.

" Annyeong, I'm Hwang Tiffany! Well, it's actually Stephanie, but just call me Tiffany! " The girl said, smiling. She was so cute, and she had the most adorable eye smiles! Gosh, I wish I had nice eyesmiels like her... The boy next to her must have been her Protector.

" Yoyoyo, I'm Cheol Yong! Bang Cheol Yong, to be exact. But you know what, just call me Mir. It's much easier. "

I smiled at both of them. " What do you guys specialize in? " 

" We can show you better than we can tell you. " Tiffany replied, smirking. While still facing me, Tiffany closed her eyes then shot her left arm back, hand open. Suddenly, 5 discs shot into the sky. She quickly opened her eyes & turned around, shooting a quick ray of what looked like ice, freezing the discs in mid air. Mir suddenly threw out his right arm, sending a strong force out towards the discs, breaking them into pieces as they fell to the ground. 

Tiffany giggled, then Mir gave her a high five. " Wow! That was great! "

" We're kind of like...Magicians, in a way. Summoners, if you will. What we did now was more of an elemental kind of thing, considering Tiffany used ice and I used wind; That's not what we really specialize in. We do more things like curses, poisons, mind/body control - stuff like that. But we thought it'd be cooler to show you that instead, haha. "

I smiled, " Well, whatever you guys would've showed me would have surprised me anyways. " 

" Hey TaeMi, it's our turn! " I turned around to see a short young man with milky white ski,and brown hair, also in board shorts & a wifebeater, and a petite girl with short jet black hair, in pink shorts with just a bikini top on, smiling beautifully at me.

" I'm Yang Yoseob! "

" & I'm Ham Eun Jung! "

" We specialize in the arts of healing, protection, & white magic. " They said at the same time.

" They're basically Clerics. " said Taemin. 

" Here, watch this. " EunJung then threw her hand up, sending a bunch of glowing white arrows into the sky. They all suddenly came shooting back down, towards ME! I quickly put my arms over my head, & right before the arrows made contact with me or EunJung, Yoseob quickly stepped in front of EunJung & I, putting his arm in front of him creating a shield glowing white. As soon as the arrows made contact with the shield, they disintegrated. When the raid stopped, I stared at Yoseob & EunJung.

" OMO! That was so cool! You can do that with your magic? "

" Neh, cool huh? You know that series Green Lantern? You know how they can make different objects with that ring of theirs, like weapons or shields? That's basically what we do, but instead of a ring, we use our white magic. " said Yoseob.

" We can also heal too, just like we mentioned earlier. Wanna see? " asked EunJung. Suddenly, she had a glowing white knife in her hand. " Gimme your hand..." She asked, reaching out for my hand.

" W-What are you doing..." I asked, suspicious.

" You'll see! " All of a sudden, she slit the palm of my hand, blood starting to form.

" YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO?! "

She giggled, " Relax, relax TaeMi! Hahaha! " She took her hand and hovered it over mine, barely touching my skin. Before I knew it, the pain disapeared, & so did the cut.

" Whoa..." I turned my hand from the front to the back multiple times. " That's amazing! " Everyone laughed, & then Donghae said. 

" Hey! Seung Ri, Yuri. You guys didn't even bother to introduce yourselves...? " The boy Hae called Seung Ri & the girl he called Yuri stared at me, then whispered to each other. They slowly approached Hae, then the boy whispered something into his ear.

" What are you talking about, Seung Ri. Of course she's one of us...you doubt it? "

& again, he whispered something else. " Aiiish, you know what, I'm not having this discussion! Introduce yourself, & show her yours & Yuri's specialty! " While their discussion went on, Yuri stood next to Seung Ri and gave me a look. The girl Yuri looked very fierce, she was dressed in black shorts with a blank tank top, & silver gladiator sandals. The boy Seung Ri looked almost identical to her. He too, had black shorts and a black wifebeater, & his sandals were grey.

It wasn't a glare, but it wasn't a friendly look either. It was a look, that made me feel very uncomfortable, like I didn't belong.

" Hm, Donghae is right, Seung Ri. We should introduce ourselves, let's be nice. C'mon. " Yuri said, walking towards me not taking her eyes off of me.

" I'm Yuri, Kwon Yuri - Seung Ri's Trainee. "

" & I'm Lee Seung Hyun, but just call me Seung Ri. " Seung Ri stepped closer to me, & whispered in my ear, 

" You know why my nickname is ' Seung Ri ' ? "

" W-Waeyo..." I stuttered. 

" Because, I never lose. "

When those words came from his lips, I felt chiills run down my spine. Why? I don't know.  I had a feeling that Yuri & Seung Ri would not be warming up to me any time soon.

" So uhm...what's your guys' specialty? "

" We have the most strength, & we advance in martial arts. " Yuri said blankly.

Things went quiet for a minute or so, 'till Yoseob broke the silence.

" You guys should uh, show her a demonstration. "

" Hm, fine. " said Yuri, irritated. 

Keeping his eyes on Yuri & Seung Ri, Yoseob waved his hand across the meadow & a line of 6 hay dummies appeared with targets on their chests. Suddenly, the dummies came to life & came rushing towards the 12 of us. My eyes grew wide, while everybody else stood still, seemingly unamused. Seung Ri quickly ran towards the dummies, with Yuri not far behind. 

They attacked the dummies quickly - flipping them, throwing them, kicking them, & punching them. They did it with such force & speed though, not like anything I've ever seen in my life. They came running back, & in a flash, they rejoined the group. 

" Good job, Yuri, Seung Ri. You guys are really fast, & you use such force! "

" Yeah well, we take our training seriously. It's expected to be great. " Seung Ri said, bluntly.

I abruptly heard a girl's voice in my head, speaking to me, it sounded like Minzy.  " Don't mind them, you'll just have to get used to them. They come off cold, but they're really fun loving & kind, I have no idea what's gotten into them..." I freaked out for a second,  but then I remembered that we could communicate through each other's minds. I looked over at Minzy & shot her a smile, & she returned the favor.

" Hm, TaeMi. I forgot to explain what our specialty is, would you like to learn? "

Before I could answer, Hae already started his explanation. 

" Well, since I am the leader of the Light, I advance in each field - meaning I can do a little bit of each skill. & Of course, I have my own field i advance in, & that skill, is Elements. "

" Guraeyo? Wait...you advance in Elements, & you can do a little bit of everything, doesn't that mean I can too? "

Donghae, along with everybody else except Yuri & Seung Ri, smiled at me. " Yup. "

" Watch. " EunJung picked up a stone & threw it towards a tree. Out of no where, a light flashed and a dark creature with red eyes popped out. It ran towards our group, & I could've sworn I would've had a panic attack If Hae hadn't dashed towards the creature. The dark creature spit something, which looked acidic, towards Donghae. He quickly put his arm in front of him and a glowing white shield manifested, just like EunJung & Yoseob! I saw a hole develop in the shield, probably from whatever that thing spit at him. Donghae threw the shield behind him, & it disapeared. He then lifted his hand, showing a roaring fire in the palm of his hand. He threw it at the creature, then roundhouse kicked it with great force, just like Yuri & Ri! Hae then froze the creature, hitting it in multiple places with incredible speed. The creature then dissapeared, leaving behind a puff of smoke. I quickly found Hae by my side again, smiling. 

" What...was that thing? " 

" A Deceptor's little ...it was a Demon. Well, not a real one, it was more like a magic trick. " Tifany replied.

" It's a Deceptor's ...Wait, what's a Deceptor ? "

" Ahaha, wow Hyung, did you lag on most of the lecture or what?! " Mocked Taemin.

Donghae stuck his tounge out at Taemin, then Mir went on explaining.

" A Deceptor is basically one of us, a Protector. But instead of 'protecting' they do the complete opposite. They wreak havoc, & cause pain any where they go. They have little demons they use to do their dirty work sometimes, they're such a pain in the ..."

" Well, if they have Demons, does that mean we have little...' Demons ' of our own too? "

" In fact, we do! Gosh Donghae, did you not tell her anything?! Hahahaha! " Minzy laughed.

" We have Light Warriors, they only appear if we summon them with our magic though. Which, all of us are capable of doing! Same for Demons too, they'll only appear if a Deceptor summons it. "

" Yah, Donghae. Did you tell her about the Elders? " EunJung questioned.

Donghae looked away and put his hand behind his head. " Uh..."

" Aiiiish....." Yoseob sighed.

" Although Donghae is our Leader, TaeMi, there is a higher power that controls us. They are the Elders. The Dark also have their own Elders too. The Elders are basically our leaders & advisors, don't ever dare go against an Elder. Or else, you'll face the rath of a powerful beat down! Just ask Donghae, HAHAHA! " 

" Is that who that was in the park the other night? " I thought to myself.