Fate's Arrival;;

Fate's Curse

" No, no no no! I won't do it! "
" Do it, or you will die with that pathetic of yours! You must do it, to save humanity as we know it! "
" My Love...AHHHHHHHHHHHH! " -Bright light flashes-

" Dammit TaeMi, wake up! "
I quickly opened my eyes and lifted my head up, to see Mr. Kim glaring at me with two plates in hand.
" You have to quit falling asleep on the job, especially when we have the place is full of customers! Take these two plates to table 8 and go to table 5 take their order, got that? " He put the two plates down in front of me and stormed back towards the kitchen to pick up more orders.

I sighed and picked up the two plates then headed towards table 8. I set down the food then headed back towards the kitchen. During my whole shift, I kept thinking of the dream I had. It wasn't the first time I had it, in fact, I've had this dream multiple times; & it never changes. It's the same ol' thing: I'm on my back, in ripped clothing and horribly injured. There's a man standing above me, but I can't really see his face, only the outling of his face and the tears flowing down his face. In the distance, I see multiple bodies on the ground holding their bodies in pain, because of their injuries. I can hear a voice in the background, telling the man above me to " do it " or he will " die with me " For some reason, I feel tears welling up in my eyes but I have no clue why. I don't even know how I end up on what this seems like a battle field, or how I'm injured. The next thing that happens is I see the man above me holding what looks like a sword of some sort glowing a bright white; & then, he yells out a powerful yell & I see a bright light flash. & then, I wake up. It feels so real though...like I lived it, in some way.

An hour later it was 10 and my shift ended. I quickly packed my things before Mr. Kim could catch me and assign me some ridiculous  task to do. I hated when he did that, make me stay late and work with absolutely no pay. I left the resteraunt and walked home in the dark night. As I passed the abandoned park, I saw sparks fly and I heard a man yell in pain. A wave of bravery swept over me, and I ran straight into the heart of the park, not thinking of what dangers could await me. When I got near the water fountain, I saw a man about my age, maybe a little older, lying on his back in tattered & dirty clothing injured. He was looking straight up at a cloaked figure, fear in his eyes. 

" THIS WILL TEACH YOU TO GO AGAINST ORDERS! " stated the cloaked figure firmly. The figure had what looked like a rod in its hand, eminating a bright yellowish orange color. My first reaction was to help the injured man any way I could.

" HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING, LEAVE HIM ALONE! " I screamed out, running towards the two. As I ran towards them, the cloaked figure suddenly shot a bolt of light towards me, and dissapeared into the night, leaving only a puff of smoke behind. My legs gave out on me, and I found myself laying on the floor, feeling a stinging pain throughout my torso. 

My vision began to go blurry, and the last thing I saw was the young man I tried to aid limp over to me and kneel by my side, shock filling his eyes. 

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes, to find myself laying on an unfamiliar bed. I looked to my right, then saw a clock that read, " 11:00 PM " I quickly shot up & thought to myself, " Aunt EunHye & Uncle JongHyun are going to kill me! " When suddenly, I saw a guy sitting on the edge of the bed, back towards me. I recognized him, it was the guy from earlier tonight. This must be his room...I felt a stinging sensation run throughout my torso, & i quickly gripped my chest & groaned in pain. " Ahh..." I looked down & cringed a bit. My shirt was torn up, & there was dried blood all over it. I lifted my shirt up, to see a big gash of some sort running from my stomach to my chest, covered with blood. 

The figure sitting on the edge of the bed quickly turned around, keeping his head down, & laid me down. He put his hand over my torso, barely touching me. I felt a slight pinch, then a sting. Then all of a sudden, my wounds were gone & I felt fine. My healer quickly went back to his original position at the edge of the bed. 

 I found my voice, & asked, " Thank you...uhm...What am I doing here...What's going on? " 

With his back still towards me, he said, " How much did you see tonight? " Puzzled, I didn't answer.

He repeated his question, but louder & more demanding. " HOW MUCH DID YOU SEE TONIGHT, DAMMIT! "

I jumped, startled. " N-not much...I only saw when that...thing was standing above you, then he dissapeared and I passed out..."

The guy sighed, then said, " Look, what you saw tonight. You cannot tell anybody, if you do, I will personally rip your soul out from your helpless body & feed it to the restless undead. Got it? 

A bit taken back more than frightened, I asked, " Well...then why not do it now? "

I heard the mysterious man chuckle, then say, " Don't doubt me, I WOULD. It's just...there's something about you that makes me...not want to hurt you, or anything of that nature. Not that I can....But anyways, it's like something is sealed within you..." A look of confusion came over TaeMi, & she could hear him mumble to himself, " She has to be the one I'm bound to protect and train..."

I freaked out a bit, then said, " Listen, it's late...& my Aunt & Uncle will kill me if I'm one more minute late, I have to go..." I quickly got up and scrambled towards the door. I suddenly felt my body being pressed against the door, hands pinned up against the wall. I closed my eyes tight, and I felt this mysterious guy breathe against my neck. 

He whispered into my ear, " Ah ah ah, no no. After what you witnessed tonight, I can't allow you to go home tonight...Plus, there's a secret within you that you have yet to discover..."

My eyes shot open, a bit of fear taking me over. " but...my family....will worry...

" Don't worry, I've got that covered. "