God Gave Me You

SeoExo Anthologies

Main Couple: Seohyun and Kyungsoo

Cameo: Yoona, Yuri, Kyuhyun


"Oppa, don't leave me alone!"

But he did. And she felt her world collapse as she watched him leave her alone at the altar. The day she expected to become the best day of her life turned out to be the worst with the sudden twist of fate. Questions started to occupy her mind. How could he leave her alone on the day of their wedding? She stood there, frozen as her tears continue to roll on her cheeks.

"Joohyun." Her bestfriend, Yoona, comforted her. She knew she's not okay so she didn't even bother asking. All she knew was that her bestfriend needs her the most at that time.

Joohyun hugged her friend tightly. "Unnie, I don't understand. Why did he leave me? What did I do to him for him to treat me like this?" She exclaimed.

Yoona just hugged her tightly. "Joohyun, I, myself, don't understand it either. He knows how much you love him. To the extent that you always put him above everything else including yourself. That jerk."

She earned sympathizing looks from the guests. The parents of her supposed-to-be-husband couldn't do anything but feel sorry. Seeing the crowd made her feel more hurt.

Joohyun released herself from Yoona's hug. "Unnie, I'm sorry. I want to be alone." She ran as fast as she could. Without knowing where to go, she left the church just to try forget everything.

She just kept running until she felt her feet sore. It was only then she realized she had run too far. She wasn't familiar with the place anymore. She decided to sit on the curb of the road.

"God, are You there? Please help me understand why did he do this to me. I need answers, God." She yelled to the heaven. She looked above, seeing the bright sky being covered with dark clouds. The rain fell in just a few seconds.

"Now it's raining. Great." She sarcastically remarked.

Even if it was raining heavily, she just stayed there. All wet and soaked. She leant her arms on her knees and she rested her head over. She was still crying. And the heaven was too, still. However, she felt like she's not getting wet from the rain drops anymore.

"Are you okay, miss?" A young man figure with umbrella ppeared out of nowhere. She looked up to him, he doesn't look familiar at all.

"Do I look okay, mister?! Tell me! My groom left me on the altar and now it's raining hard! Everything that happened today was great, isn't it?" She vented her anger on the stranger.

The guy just remained calm. He felt bad knowing what happened to Joohyun.

"Are you just going to stand there and stare at me pathetically?" Joohyun asked.

"Sorry. I don't know what to say. All I know is that I can't just leave you alone like this." His voice was deep, concern was obvious in his tone.

"Well, thank you for concern but I'd rather be alone right now. You may leave." Joohyun coldly replied.

"Well miss, do you even know where you are right now? I bet, you don't even know this place." The man replied calmly.

Joohyun scoffed, "That's not your concern anymore."

"Hyunnie!" A familiar voice shouted from afar. Joohyun looked at the approaching car, it was her Yoona-unnie.

"Come inside the car!" Yoona, who was sitting by the passenger seat, yelled.

"I have to go. Anyways, sorry for venting my anger on you. And thank you for your concern even if you don't know me at all." Joohyun told the stranger and she hopped inside Yoona's car.

"Oh my god, Seo Joohyun. You're so drenched. You're going to get sick with what you're doing with yourself. And who's that guy with the umbrella?" Yoona asked.

"I don't know. Some total stranger who happened to see me being soaked in the rain." Joohyun replied as she wiped herself with the towel Yoona gave her.

"Let's just get you home and have you change your clothes. You're going to get sick." Yoona told her.


It's been a month since he left her. She still hasn't moved on from him yet. She tried her best, making herself busy with work. However, it's clear to her she still loves him. She looked on her desk and saw a picture of them together.

"Cho Kyuhyun, I still don't understand why you did this to me. I loved you with all my heart, more than my life, more than anything else." She spoke as if he hears her.

"You're looking at your picture together. Come on, Joohyun. How can you move on? Help yourself." Yoona reminded her again.

Joohyun just sighed heavily. Yuri, their co-worker and also a friend happened to be there too. "I have an idea." The tanned-lady told them.

The three of them left the office and went to a place unfamiliar to them.

"Here, a disco club. I guess it's good to have some fun sometimes." Yuri told them.

"But Yuri, Joohyun is not used to this kind of place." Yoona argued.

Joohyun understood Yuri's intention. "Unnie, it's okay. Maybe this will somehow help me too. It's not bad to divert into something else sometimes."

They finally went inside. The club was filled with teenagers, lots of them were dancing on the dance floor, some of them were just drinking. Yuri found a vacant table for them.

"Joohyun, are you sure it's okay?" Yoona asked once again.

"Yes, unnie. Besides, this is not bad at all." Joohyun assured her.

As they sat down on the chair, Joohyun saw one familiar figure. The guy who was supposed to marry her. The guy she gave her heart to, Cho Kyuhyun. But he was with another girl.

"Oh my god, unnie. He's here." Joohyun worryingly told Yoona as she pointed her finger to them.

Yoona, too, was shocked. Joohyun grabbed her wirst as she panicked, "What am I going to do, unnie?"

Yuri, who was sitting on the opposite side, had an idea. She suddenly grabbed one guy who was just passing by.

Joohyun was shocked with her action. "Yuri-unnie, what are you doing?"

"Just follow what I'm going to tell you." Yuri assured her. The guy just sat down there, frozen. He couldn't even understand what's going on. He didn't even look to Joohyun.

"Look, I know you work here and I'm willing to give you a big tip but follow what I'm going to tell you." Yuri told the guy.

Cho Kyuhyun saw Joohyun's group and was initially shocked. However, he gathered his courage and approached them.

"It's been a while." Kyuhyun initiated the conversation.

"I'm doing good." Joohyun awkwardly chuckled.

"Yes, she's doing really great ever since you left her. Anyways, meet her new boyfriend." Yuri joined the conversation.

Both Joohyun and the guy was shocked. "Unnie?" Joohyun gave Yuri a stern look.

Yuri diversed her attention to the guy. "Come on, introduce yourself to him." She commanded him as if he was a child.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I-I'm Do Kyungsoo, Joohyun's boyfriend." The guy, whose name was Do Kyungsoo, finally spoke.

"Nice meeting you, Do Kyungsoo. I'm Cho Kyuhyun, Joohyun's...." Before Kyuhyun could finish his sentence.

Joohyun hopped into the conversation and looked at Kyungsoo. She paused for a moment. He looked familiar. "He's my friend. He was my friend." Referring to Kyuhyun.

Kyungsoo awkwardly chuckled.

"Anyways, I need to leave. My group is waiting on the other side. Nice talking with you." Kyuhyun excused his self.

As soon as they saw Kyuhyun was not near them anymore. Yoona suddenly asked, "What did you guys just do?"

Joohyun remained frozen, she couldn't even process into her mind what had just happened.

"Well, Kyungsoo-ssi, thank you for the help. As promised, here, take this." Yuri reached her arms to him and was going to hand him the money.

"Thank you, but I cannot take the money." Kyungsoo sounded firm.

It was then Joohyun realized realized who he was when she heard him once again.

"Wait, you look familiar to me." Joohyun told Kyungsoo.

"Yes, I'm that guy who saw you crying in the rain. The guy you vented your anger on. Is that the guy who left you on the altar?" Kyungsoo responded.

Yoona felt the situation getting awkward. "What a small world. Anyways, thank you for sheltering my friend from the rain. I'm Im Yoona." And she extended her arms for a hand shake.

"It's nothing, my name is Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo replied as he shook Yoona's hand.

"I guess fate has brought the two of you back together. By the way, I'm Kwon Yuri." And she also offered a hand shake which Kyungsoo didn't refuse.

"Come on, Joohyun. Talk to him." Yuri shifted her attention to Joohyun.

Joohyun, who couldn't look straight to him, talked. "Thank you for helping me that day and again, thank you for what you did just right now. I'm Seo Joohyun."

"Why you couldn't look to him, Joohyun?" Yoona asked the younger lady.

"It's nothing." Joohyun still avoided having eye contact with him.

"Well, ladies. I need to go now. I still have works to do." Kyungsoo looked at Joohyun for one last time before he excused his self.

"She's quite cute." Kyungsoo mentally chuckled to his self as he walked away.

"Unnie, what did you just do? That was so awkward." Joohyun cutely complained at Yuri.

"That's the best thing I thought we can do. We cannot let Kyuhyun see you in your pitiful state." Yuri responded.

"But unnie, what we just did will be a mess if Kyuhyun finds out it's just a lie." Joohyun responded.

"And so? He deserves it anyways. He left you for that girl so I think you two are quits." Yuri explained.

"But I never left him. This is so wrong unnie." Joohyun worryingly replied.

"But are you going to let him see you pathetic all the time?" Yuri questioned her. Which Joohyun also thought of. "Am I going to let him see me being the loser all the time?"


Joohyun and her friends would always go the same club everytime they finish work. It's not like they drink hard everytime and get drunk. They would usually just drink a few shots and just talk for the whole night. However, tonight was different, Yuri and Yoona drank more than the usual amount they drink. As they were quite tipsy, they decided to go to the dance floor.

"Come join us, Joohyun." Yuri called the younger lady.

"No thanks unnie, I'll just sit here." Joohyun kindly declined as she wasn't really into those kinds of things.

She watched as the two ladies danced like there's no tomorrow. However, thoughts of Kyuhyun are lingering into her mind. She sighed as she gulped another shot of mojito.

"Lonely?" A guy suddenly appeared infront of her. It was Kyuhyun. "What a perfect timing."

Joohyun panicked. She didn't know how to respond as the last time they conversed, Kyungsoo, her pretend-to-be-boyfriend, was there. It was the time she wished Kyungsoo was there with her. And suddenly, like a knight in shining armor, Kyungsoo appeared out of nowhere. "Oh annyeong Kyuhyun-hyung." He greeted the older man.

Kyuhyun, who was a bit shocked, greeted back. "Oh, you're here. I thought Joohyun was by herself."

"Why would I let my girlfriend hang out by herself?" Kyungsoo pretended a smile.

"Anyways, I'm going. My girl is waiting on the other side." Kyuhyun left.

Joohyun sighed in relief. "Oh thank God."

Kyungsoo looked at her and thought it was the perfect time to talk to her since she's alone.

"Hard, isn't it?" Kyungsoo casually started a conversation.

"Why are you doing this for me?" Joohyun curiously asked.

"Why do you feel the need  to ask? A thank you would be nice enough." Kyungsoo purposely changed the topic. Because deep inside, he couldn't understand why he does it for her either.

"Okay, thank you again. But wait, is this going to be our set-up everytime me and my friends hang out here?" Joohyun asked once more.

"To be honest, I don't know. Funny right? We barely know each other, yet we have to act like lovers." Kyungsoo chuckled upon saying it.

"Then I guess we have to introduce each other again formally. I'm Seo Joohyun. I'm 24. I graduated from Dongguk University."

"You're too formal. But I have to call you Noona. I'm Do Kyungsoo. I'm 22. As you previously known, I work for this club. Not boasting, but I am actually the manager of this club."

And they started to converse about each other. That night, they became closer. Which Joohyun didn't mind because Kyungsoo was not a bad guy after all. In fact, he treated her really well. They would always act up as couples everytime Kyuhyun appears but would always laugh after everytime they see they succeed into fooling Kyuhyun. They would also hangout at times. They call and text each other. In a short span of time, they got really close. Kyungsoo did really help her into forgetting Kyuhyun somehow. Even Yoona and Yuri noticed the closeness between the two that they would always tease Joohyun about it.


One night, Yoona and Yuri were conversing while they were heading to the ladies room.

"Who would have thought Joohyun would grow close with that guy? It was all a pretend at first, yet it seems like they're really growing close to each other now." Yuri told the doe-eyed lady.

"Well, he does make a positive impact on Joohyun's life. I was actually opposed to the schemes you guys made but somehow, I thought it helped Joohyun move on from that jerk. She smiles again, I never see her so happy since Kyuhyun left her. So I'm glad it happened." Yoona confessed.

However, without them knowing, Kyuhyun was hearing their conversation all the time.

"So it's all just a pretend?" Kyuhyun, who appeared to be drunk, appeared in front of them.

Yoona and Yuri gave him death glares. "Mind your own business, you jerk."

"Why? Are you guys happy seeing me so miserable right now?" Kyuhyun argued.

"Excuse me? Weren't you the one who left her at the altar on your wedding day? And you're telling me you're miserable?" Yoona exclaimed in anger.

"Did you even think of Joohyun when you left her? Do you know how she felt?" Yuri added.

Kyuhyun just left the two and decided to go on Joohyun's table. The two ladies followed him.

"Great acting, Joohyun." Kyuhyun told Joohyun, who was with Kyungsoo at that time.

"Excuse me?" Joohyun frowned.

"I know everything already. I know you two are just acting. For what? To make me jealous? Fine. You succeeded. And I'm so sorry for being a jerk. I realized I'm wrong. I realized I still love you." Kyuhyun begged.

Joohyun became confused. A part of her wants to hug him and comfort him. But she doesn't want to give in to him again.

"If you're saying this just because you're drunk, then stop it. It's not funny at all." Joohyun coldly told him.

Kyuhyun was left with no choice but to grab her but Kyungsoo suddenly stood up and angrily punched Kyuhyun, "Let go of my girl!"

Joohyun was shocked with Kyungsoo's action. She never saw this side of him yet.

"You're not her boyfriend. Stop acting like you are." Kyuhyun yelled and punched Kyungsoo in return.

The two continued to fight until Joohyun had enough. "Stop it, you two!" She took her bag and ran away.

Kyungsoo ran after her.

"Look at the mess you made. Get back to your senses. And I'm telling you, stay away from Joohyun." Yoona warned Kyuhyun.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo continued to chase Joohyun. "Joohyun-noona! Stop running!"

As Joohyun got tired of running, she stopped and gasped for air.

"Joohyun-noona, please listen to me. I didn't plan to say this now but I guess, I have to say it now. Joohyun-noona, I have fallen for you. From that moment I saw you crying in the rain, I knew God brought you to my way for a reason. For the short time I've known you, I have learned to love you. Even if our act was just a pretend, my feelings weren't and God knows how I wished it was real."

Joohyun frozed upon hearing Kyungsoo's confession. She didn't know how to respond. She knew to herself she was falling for him too. However, she's afraid her heart might get broken again.

"Sorry, Kyungsoo. I am not ready yet for a new relationship." Joohyun coldly responded and left Kyungsoo alone.


Since that night, Kyungsoo and Joohyun stopped communicating. Joohyun also stopped going to the club. Like how she was broken when Kyuhyun left her, she made herself busy again with work. This routine repeated for a month or two. However, she still misses him. She misses the things they shared doing. She misses his texts and calls. She misses his face, his voice. She misses Do Kyungsoo.

"You miss him, don't you?" Yoona asked Joohyun.

Joohyun just sighed heavily. "Why do you have to make it hard for yourself?"

"Unnie, I'm afraid to be heartbroken again." Joohyun confessed.

"But you're just hurting your heart too." Yuri joined the conversation.

"I don't know, unnie." Joohyun responded.

"Joohyun, that's how love is. It doesn't hurt if you don't love the person. Sometimes, you got to take risks. Love is not only about the sweet, happy moments. It's also about fighting for the person until the end even if you're losing." Yoona advised her.

Joohyun kept silence, thinking her unnies have a point. "Unnies, you're right. I need to let go of this hatred and let myself be happy once again. Unnie, I'm going to meet Kyungsoo. I'm gonna tell him that..." She sighed. "That I love him." She stood up from her chair and grabbed her bag and cardigan.

"Wait, of course, we're going with you, we don't wanna miss this moment." Yuri hurriedly grabbed her things too, as well as Yoona.


They reached the club. As soon as she saw one of the waiters, "Is Kyungsoo here?"

"I'm sorry miss but sir is at the airport right now." The waiter simply replied.

That moment hit her hard. Without thinking, she ran as fast as she can and hailed a cab.

"Unnie, he cannot leave. Not until he knows what I feel for him." Joohyun cried to her friends.

"Don't worry, we'll catch him." Yuri assured her.

As soon as they reached the airport, Joohyun hurriedly searched for him inside with the help of Yoona and Yuri.

"Do Kyungsoo! Where are you? Don't leave me. I still need to tell you something." Joohyun was slowly losing her hopes. She just bowed down and started to blame herself mentally. "It's your fault, Joohyun. You should have told him you love him that night."

Without her knowing, Yuri and Yoona were behind her, with him. They were quite feeling bad for Joohyun for what she did at the airport.

"Did you really miss that much, noona?" Kyungsoo appeared behind her as he gave her a back hug.

That voice that she's longing to hear. That warm embrace she needs from him. She was frozen, not believing that Kyungsoo was there hugging her from behind.

"Kyungsoo....." She muttered as she cried.

"Noona, I missed you." Kyungsoo whispered, sending shivers to her spine.

She turned around as she hugged him tight in return. "I missed you too. A lot." Joohyun finally admitted.

They hugged for few minutes. Until Joohyun broke from the hug, "But why are you leaving just like this? Without even telling me you're leaving the country?" And she softly slapped his arms.

"Who told you I'm leaving?" Kyungsoo asked.

"The waiter at the club. He told me you're here so I rushed just for me to catch you." Joohyun answered.

"But I wasn't leaving. I'm just picking up my parents who's coming from the States." Kyungsoo laughed at her. Joohyun looked at her unnies, who were laughing at her too.

"Joohyun, he told us everything already when we saw him here." Yoona told her.

With that, Joohyun covered her face in embarassment. "Aigoo, this is so embarassing." Kyungsoo hugged her once more."Noona, I really missed you a lot. I wanna see your beautiful face."

Joohyun removed her hands from her face and she breathe in deeply. "Kyungsoo, you need to know what I'm feeling. That night when you confessed to me, I really wanted to say I feel the same way but I was afraid. But now, I am not afraid anymore. That day you saw me crying in the rain, I asked God why did it happen to me. I want you to know that I'm thankful you saw me crying in the rain. I wouldn't have met you if you didn't shelter me from the rain. Thank you for helping me forget Kyuhyun. Thank you for loving me. And thank you for making me love you. I love you Kyungsoo. You're the answer God has given me. He gave you to me right at that moment when I needed an answer."

Kyungsoo was so touched with her words so without any further, he crashed his lips into hers. It felt so magical for them at that moment. They savor that moment. Until,

"So is she going to be our daughter-in-law, my son?"


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello readers. I'm back after a long long time with a KyungSeo oneshot. Right now, I'm feeling so inspired so I want to share this story. I hope you guys like it. ^^ If you're curious why it's KyungSeo, it's because they are my biases at the moment.