I Love You, Goodbye

SeoExo Anthologies

Main Couple: Seohyun and Suho

Cameo: Kyungsoo

Counted Words: 2,348


"One more bottle please!" Joonmyun commanded the bartender as he put the bottle down he just finished drinking.

"Hyung, you have been drinking too much. Hyung, let's go now." His friend, Kyungsoo, pleaded. Seeing his friend in this state for the first time, he felt worried.

"I can't understand. Why did she leave me? Was my love not enough for her to just abandon me like this? I can never understand." Joonmyun said as he faced him and tears started to form in his eyes. He, then, turned his back on him again. "Now, give me one more drink." Joonmyun hard-headedly commanded once again.

Kyungsoo slowly approached Joonmyun and made him face him again. "But hyung, you need to accept it. You need to move on. Come on, hyung. You need to help yourself." Kyungsoo, once again, tried to please him.

"No, I cannot. She is my only love. No one can replace her." Joonmyun, after holding his tears, has finally exploded.

He stood up from the table and quickly walked out of the bar.

"Hyung, wait!" Kyungsoo shouted, but Joonmyun just ignored him.

He started his car's engine and drove off hastily.

"Joohyun! I need an explanation. Why? Why?!" He was yelling inside the car as he was driving. Tears were continuously flowing on his cheeks.

He continued to drive without knowing where will he go. He didn't plan it, but he ended up driving to Joohyun's house. He stepped out from his car and calmly knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" The person from the inside asked. But he did not answer, knowing that Joohyun won't open the doors if she found out it's him. He just continued knocking.

The person inside might have had enough as she madly opened the door. "Why the hell?" She yelled but stopped upon seeing the person outside.

"Joohyun, we need to talk." Joonmyun firmly said.

"Oppa, there's nothing left to talk about." Joohyun coldly replied.

"There's a lot of things to talk about. Why, Joohyun? I can't understand. Please help me understand." Joonmyun began raising his voice.

"Oppa, is it hard to understand that I don't love you anymore?!" Joohyun also began exploding.

"No, Joohyun. I don't believe you. I know you still love me. I know, you do." Joonmyun refused to believe her.

Tears began falling from her eyes. "I don't love you anymore, oppa." She stated with finality in her voice.

"Please, Joohyun. Don't leave me. Please." Joonmyun begged as he knelt down and gripped her hands.

"Oppa, leave now. I don't want to see you anymore." Joohyun pushed him away as she closed the doors.

Joonmyun just continued crying. He felt his world collapsed as realizations struck him that she doesn't love him anymore.

He rode off his car and started driving fastly. He felt sad, angry, hurt, confused, devastated with everything. He was driving so fast he didn't notice the traffic light has already turned red.

The next thing that happened, a loud clash has interrupted the silence of the busy road.


"Joohyun-noona, I have a bad news for you." Joohyun slowly read the text message she have just received. From the tone of the message, she instantly felt it's really something bad.

"What is that, Kyungsoo-ssi?" She replied. 

"Joonmyun-hyung got involved in an accident. He's confined in Asan Medical Center right now. Noona, his condition is really worse right now. Please, noona. Hyung needs you." Kyungsoo informed her. Upon reading the message, she began crying and she started to blame herself. "Oppa, this is all my fault. I'm so sorry."

She quickly grabbed her cardigan and went to the hospital even if it's already middle of the night. As she reached the hospital, she saw Kyungsoo sitting in the hallway. She hurriedly approached him.

"Kyungsoo-ssi, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. Please, forgive me. I"m sorry." She began crying to him, asking for apology.

"It's okay, noona. Would you like to see Joonmyun-hyung?" Kyungsoo comforted her.

Joohyun just nodded, continuously crying.

As they entered the room, Joohyun felt even more guilt upon seeing his condition. She slowly approached him.

"Oppa, it's me, Joohyun. I hope you'll get better soon. I don't want to see you like this. I'm so sorry, Oppa. I didn't know this would happen. Oppa, I hope you'll still forgive me. The truth is, I still love you. But oppa...." She wasn't able to continue her words.

"Noona, until when are you going to hide this from him?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked upon noticing she became silent.

"No, Kyungsoo. Don't tell him please. I don't want him to know about my illness. Please, Kyungsoo. I'm begging you." Joohyun begged him.

"But noona, why do you have to make it hard for the both of you?" Kyungsoo asked back.

"God knows how much I love him. I don't want to leave him. But it'll break his heart if he'll find out that I am sick and diagnosed with end-stage heart disease. I don't have any hopes left." Joohyun tried to make him understand.

"But do you think he'll still like to live if you break up with him? I'm his friend. I know how much Joonmyun-hyung loves you. He'll be giving up everything for you, even if it requires his own life." Kyungsoo stated.

"I love him too, so much. And I don't want to hurt him. I don't deserve him. He deserves someone better. Someone who would never leave him. Someone who will be always by his side. I'm not that someone. I'm not." Joohyun began crying harder again.

Kyungsoo then hugged her tightly. "Noona, be strong. Joonmyun-hyung won't like it if you're like this." He comforted her.

Since then, Joohyun regularly visited the hospital and personally took care of Joonmyun. She thought, this will be the best way to repay him for all of the love and care he gave to her. Also, Joohyun began writing down her diary. She wanted him to read it once he recovers. She wanted him to know how much she loves him.

June 11, 2013

I hope Oppa can still forgive me after all of the bad and hurtful things I've done to him. Oppa, please forgive me. I love you so much, Oppa. But I don't want to break your heart. So I think this is the best way for us, to break up even before I get more closer and closer to you. You may not understand the reason why but I know, someday, you will.

June 15, 2013.

I was staring at you, Oppa. I have just realized that even though you're bruised and wounded, you're still the most handsome man on the earth. I am not wondering anymore how you managed to change me. I didn't felt attracted to any man before you came to my life. It was your charm. Oppa, I'm so thankful you came into my life. Even though my life has been so short, God let me experienced what it is to love and to be loved. I'm glad it's you, oppa. I'm glad your my first love."

June 21, 2013

Oppa, the doctor just came and talked to me. He told me that you're safe now and you may wake up anytime soon. I guess this will be my last entry, oppa. I hope you'll be able to read this diary I wrote just for you. I love you so much, oppa.

That was the last entry of her diary and also the last day she visited the hospital.


He slowly opened his eyes. He felt like he slept for a long time. He looked around his surroundings,

"Where am I?" He murmured.

"You're in the hospital, hyung. How are you feeling? Do you want me to call a doctor?" Kyungsoo asked in a concern tone.

"No, need. I'm fine. Can I ask you a question?" Joonmyun turned serious..

"What is that, hyung?" Kyungsoo attentively answered.

"Did Joohyun visit me here?" He asked. He may not say it, but he's expecting a 'yes' from his friend.

Kyungsoo turned silent for few minutes. Battling on his mind, whether he'll say the truth or just hide it from him like before.

"Kyungsoo, why are you not answering?" Joonmyun impatiently asked.

"Hyung, I think you need to know the truth." Kyungsoo firmly said as he sighed. He took out Joohyun's diary and handed it to him.

"What's this?" Joonmyun asked as he took it from Kyungsoo.

"Read it." Kyungsoo shorty replied.

He began reading the diary. At first, he was smiling like a fool as he read the entries. However, as he reached toward the end. His face began frowning. When he finished reading it,

"Kyungsoo, what is the meaning of this? I'm confused. Where is she?" Questions began to pop out of his minds.

"I don't want it to come from me." Kyungsoo began explaining. "Hyung, she's sick. She's diagnosed with end-stage heart disease. The doctor told her that there's nothing that could save her. Hyung, she is dying."

Upon hearing it, Joonmyun began to tear up. He didn't know whether to believe Kyungsoo or not.

"Why did she not tell me this?" Joonmyun asked.

"She didn't want you to know it because she doesn't want to hurt you. I told her it would be better if she tells you. But being the stubborn she is, she still decided to not tell it to you." Kyungsoo explained it to him.

"Where is she?" Joonmyun asked.

"I don't know. Since the last day she visited you, I was not able to contact her anymore." Kyungsoo told him.

For the second time, he felt his world collapsed. But this time, it's not because of she doesn't love him anymore but due to the fact that she may be gone forever.

"I want to be discharged now." Joonmyun asked Kyungsoo.

"But hyung." Kyungsoo tried to stop him.

"Please, Kyungsoo. I need to see her. I need to talk to her." Joonmyun begged him.

Joonmyun got discharged from the hospital that same day and began to think where Joohyun could possibly be.

"Oppa, where would you want to stay if you only have few days remaining in your life?"

"Why would you even think of that? We're still young, Joohyun."

"But oppa, I just wanted to ask."

"I don't know yet. Why?"

"Oppa, if I will die soon, I would like to stay in Jeju and spend my remaining days over there."

"No, Joohyun, you will not die. We'll get married and live a happy life together with our children."

"Kyungsoo, I think I know where we can find her." Joonmyun said after having flash backs of one of his conversation with her.

"Where, hyung?" Kyungsoo asked.

"She told me one time that she'd like to spent her remaining days on Jeju Island if ever she'll be given the chance." Joonmyun eagerly answered. He felt determined that time, he's determined to see her once again. To have her back.

They went to Jeju Island, hoping that they could see her there. He roamed almost the whole island just to see her. "I could never be wrong. I know she will be here." He thought.

He was not wrong. He saw her on one of the beach, walking alone. He ran as fast as he can just to reach her.

"Joohyun!" He shouted.

Joohyun stopped from walking and froze on her position. She turned around to see the person. "Joonmyun-oppa?" Her eyes began to tear up once again.

He ran again to her. "Joohyun, I've finally found you." 

He hugged her tightly. "What are you doing here, oppa?" Joohyun asked, remaining frozen in his embrace.

"I just knew you would be here." Joonmyun answered, avoiding to talk about her death.

Joohyun suddenly remembered the same conversation. "Did you remember that conversation?" She asked.

Now that she brought that up, Joonmyun can't help but feel sad. He let go of her from his embrace. "Why, Joohyun? Why did you not tell me?"

Joohyun began crying too. "Oppa, I don't want to hurt you."

"But Joohyun, you hurt me too when you left me alone. It's just the same." He replied.

"I'm sorry, Oppa. But I thought that was the best decision to do." She admitted.

He hugged her once again. "Joohyun, please don't leave me."

"But oppa, even if I don't like to, I'll have to." She told him.

Joonmyun just continued crying, having hard time to accept the harsh reality.

"Oppa, if I'll die right now. I'll be happy. I'll be happy to die by your side." Joohyun said.

"Don't say that, Joohyun." He stopped her.

"Do you love me, oppa?" She asked.

"More than my life." He answered.

"I love you too, Oppa. More than everything." She replied.

They began to look at each other's eyes and after a few second, they sealed it with a sweet kiss.

The two sat down on the sand and began reminiscing on their sweet and happy memories.

"God, thank You for this moment. If I'll die right now, I'll be happy."  She silently prayed.

Joonmyun was continuously talking about their moments but Joohyun began to feel weak. She slowly rested her head on his shoulder.

"I hope we'll stay like this even for a little bit more." Joohyun weakly said. She knew at that moment that this may be her last minutes to live. 

She slowly closed her eyes. "Oppa, just remember that I love you so much. I hope you'll be able to move on even if I'm gone. I want you to be strong oppa. Live your life like the way you do. I don't know if I'll still wake up after this but I love you... Goodbye."

Joonmyun felt a single tear fell from his eyes. "Joohyun, if this is your time to leave. I'll accept it. Help me get over this. Help me to be strong."

Joohyun did not wake up anymore. She is dead. It broke Joonmyun's heart into million pieces. But like what Joohyun told him, "I need to be strong for myself, and for Joohyun."

THE END.


Author's Note

I present to you the third official one-shot of this anthology collection. What can you say about it? Personally, even though I wrote this story, it broke my heart as I've read it. It hurts when you have to say goodbye to someone you love so much and you can't do anything about it. But at the end, we need to learn how to move on and bring our life back on the track. I hope you'll like this fic and serve as a reminder that we need to show our love for one person before it's too late.