Speak Now

SeoExo Anthologies

Main Couple: Seohyun & Suho

Cameos: Hyoyeon, Yoona

Counted Words: 1,733


"Joonmyun, my son. I need to tell you something." The old man, who was Joonmyun's dad, firmly said.

"What is that, appa?" Joonmyun nervously asked.

"Our business. Our business is failing." The old man started. "And in order to save our business, you need to marry our business partner's, Mr. Im, daughter."

And he felt his world collapsed.

"Joonmyun, please help us. Help your parents." His father begged him.

He didn't reply nor look at them. He just left them, with tears falling down on his face. He was so confused. 

"Joohyun, can we meet later?" He texted her with guilt. He has decided, he will tell it to Joohyun.

Upon receiving his message, Joohyun became giddy. She hurriedly went to the bathroom and took a bath.

"What should I wear? What should I wear?" She asked herself as she meticulously chose her dress, in order to look good for Joonmyun.

"Aha! This one!" She victorously shouted as she finally found the perfect dress.

She left home and went to their meeting place. She saw him sitting on the corner of the restaurant, looking on the view outside the window.

"Oppa! I'm here." She excitedly called him.

He looked at him weakly. He doesn't know how to start.

"Oppa, are you okay? Why it seems to me that you're so down?" She worriedly asked.

"Joohyun, our business is falling down." He said, not looking at her.

She understood his feelings. She cannot blame him if he feels sad about their business. "Do you need me to comfort you, oppa?" She tried to comfort him.

He took his courage. "Joohyun, I need to marry the daughter of my dad's business partner in order to save our business." He grieviously said as he faced her.

Hearing his words broke her heart in million pieces, but she managed to compose herself and fake a smile.

"Oh, really? If that's what will help your family, then I'm okay. Don't worry about me. I am happy for you, oppa."

Joonmyun was confused with her reaction. She was supposed to be mad at him, but it turned the other way around.

"Joohyun, I...." He was stopped when her phone suddenly rang. Joohyun quickly grabbed it and look who's the person calling her.

"I'm sorry, oppa. Hyoyeon-unnie is already calling me. I need to go now. Congratulations again." She silently thanked God for the coincidence. She felt that any time, her tears may fall down and she did not want him to see her crying.

She quickly stood up and walked away, wishing Joonmyun would not see her tears falling. 

"Unnie, can we meet now?" She asked, trying her best not to sound crying.

"Of course, Hyunnie. Where do you want to meet?" The person on the other line asked, oblivious to her condition.

"Let's just meet at my house, unnie." 

"Okay, I'll be there. I'll see you." 

She got home after a long walk. Fortunately, she managed to stop crying or else, the people in their house would be interrogating her again. She politely kissed her mom and dad upon seeing them in the living room.

"My daughter, you're finally home. What would you like to eat?" Her mom enthusiastically asked.

"Anything will do, Umma. I'll be going to my room and do some stuffs. Hyoyeon-unnie will be coming over, just let her go to my room once she arrives."

When she got inside her room, she started crying again. Stuff toys, hearts, flowers, letters, photographs. Everything reminded her of him, Kim Joonmyun, her first love.

Their relationship was a perfect one. Their feelings for one another is mutual and real. She remembered when she taught she had a one-sided love for him. She was close to giving up her feelings for him until Joonmyun personally asked her to become his date for their promenade.

"Would you be my date to the prom, Joohyun-ssi?"

Joohyun felt like winning a lottery that date. It felt so surreal for her that the most handsome guy in their school is asking her out for a date, specifically, prom date.

Since then, they became closer to each other. Little did Joohyun know, Joonmyun has been admiring her for a long time already. He admired her for her beauty, her intelligence and most importantly, her attitude. 

"Joohyun, will you be my girlfriend?"

Joohyun tears began to fall when he finally asked her to become his girlfriend. She cannot deny that he is her first love. She wasn't interested in boys before until he came. So without a doubt, she accepted him and his love for her.

Everything was perfect. They were already four years together. None of them thought that one day will come, one agreement will destroy their beautiful relationship.

"Joohyun, Unnie is here." Hyoyeon said as she knocked Joohyun's door.

Joohyun quickly opened the doors and grabbed Hyoyeon tightly.

"Ouch! Joohyun. Your grip is so tight." Hyoyeon told her. It was until she saw Joohyun crying hard on her embrace that she felt that something was wrong.

"What happened, Joohyun?" Hyoyeon worriedly asked.

"Joonmyun-oppa...." She said, still crying.

"Did he cheat on you?! Did he break up with you? What, Joohyun? Tell me." Hyoyeon began interrogating.

"No, unnie. You know that Oppa is a good man." She told her.

"Then what?!" Hyoyeon eagerly asked.

"He's marrying someone else." She confessed.

Hyoyeon got confused. Why would she say he's not cheating when he's getting married with someone else. "Wait, can you explain it to me clearly?"

"Their business is going down. In order to save it, he needed to marry the daughter of their family's business partner." 

"And you agreed to it?" Hyoyeon asked back.

"I don't want them to lose everything just because of me." Joohyun replied.

"Joohyun, do you love him?" Hyoyeon seriously asked.

"Of course, Unnie. Will I be hurt like this if I don't?"

"Then why are you giving up on him?" Hyoyeon shot back.

She wasn't able to answer. "Am I really giving him up that easily?" She questioned herself.

*

It was the day of the wedding, Joonmyun was not really happy that day. First, he barely knows the woman he is marrying. Second, he doesn't love her. And most importantly, she's not Joohyun, the woman he wanted to be with for the rest of his life.

"Did she really give up on me that easily?" He muttered under his breath. He was secretly hoping that she would show up and stop the wedding. He kept looking around, hoping that Joohyun could be hiding somewhere.

"The bride is here." One of the organizer announced.

Joonmyun stood up straight on the altar, wearing a white tux and pants. As much as he wanted to stop the wedding, he cannot do anything but flash a fake smile to the people.

The bride stood up on the entrance of the church. As the organ started to play, she walked down the aisle gracefully.

Everyone was focused on the wedding, not noticing that an 'intruder' already came inside and quickly hid on the curtains.

"I can do this." The intruder muttered on her breath.

The bride reached the altar. Joonmyun, being the gentleman he is, carefully took her hand and smiled at her. The bride smiled back at him.

The priest started the wedding ceremony. "Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Kim Joonmyun and Im Yoona in marriage. Through their time together, they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family; and so they have decided to live together as husband and wife.”

Joonmyun gulped upon hearing the introduction. Meanwhile, Joohyun was silently watching the ceremony, calming and encouraging herself.

"Do you Im Yoona, take Kim Joonmyun to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" The priest asked.

"I do." The bride calmly replied.

"Do you Kim Joonmyun, take Im Yoona to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" The priest asked.

Joonmyun turned around for the last time, hoping to see Joohyun stopping the wedding. He failed. He didn't see her. He sighed as he turned around to the priest. "I...."

He was stopped when someone ran toward the aisle, earning attention from the people. She raised her hand and said, "Wait!", earning horrified looks from the guests. In spite of the criticism she's getting from her action, she only looked at him.

Joonmyun smiled upon seeing her. "You're here." He mouthed.

Joohyun remained frozen at her position, unable to say what she wanted to say.

The priest looked at her. "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I.... I object to this marriage." That's all she could say.

The bride was also shocked, but she remained calm. "Go on. I understand." She told him.

He politely thanked her by nodding.

Joonmyun took a look at his parents. He thought they would be angry but instead, they encouraged him with a smile and nodded at him, signalling him to go with Joohyun.

Joonmyun ran to Joohyun and hugged her tight.

Everyone was confused. Why would Joonmyun hug someone else aside from his supposed-to-be wife. 

The bride initiated and clapped for the couple. She asked for a microphone and spoke, "Let's clap for them. Let's not judge them for ruining this marriage that wasn't meant to be from the start. Let them love one another freely."

Joonmyun and Joohyun both looked at Yoona. "Thank you." The couple mouthed at her. Yoona nodded back with a smile.

Joonmyun then looked at Joohyun, "I'm so glad you're here. You don't know how much I am wishing it was you who was walking on the aisle."

Joohyun replied, "Oppa, I wish you know how much courage I took just for you."

He smiled back at her. "I love you." 

"I love you too, oppa." She replied.

He then grabbed her arms and ran away with her.


Author's Note: This is my first-ever one shot for the collection. How do you like it, Fallen Angels? And specifically, Aquarian Angels? I used Taylor Swift's song, "Speak Now" which was also covered by Seohyun for their comeback concert, Romantic Fantasy. I personally love the song but I loved it even more when Seohyun sang it. ^^

Anyways, don't be confused with the tag. I only tag SeoHo right now for this one shot features SeoHo. However, tags will change depending on who is the couple featured on the latest update. I hope you'll not get confused with that.