Farewell

Stories of Us - One Shot Collection

[A/N: I recommend you listen to this while reading]

 

My dear love,

                       if you are reading this right now, then I've probably already left. Forgive me, but I don't think I'll be coming back. It's not like you will miss me anyway. It feels like you've completely forgotten my existence while I was in the army. Even though I was sacrificing my life for you, for my country, it doesn't mean I didn't manage to find out about those other guys.

When I recieved the letter from my friend who had seen what you had been doing, I struggled for air, not just because of the fumes from the bombs and shootings that polluted the area. I cried out so loud that everyone told me to quieten down in order to keep our hidden base a secret from the enemy.

Sometimes I wonder if we actually got married, or if it was all just a joke to you. In your vows you said you would always love me no matter what.

"Till death do us part."

Remember? I guess not.

Did you even feel like something was missing from your life while I was gone? I know I never spent one day without thinking of you, wishing to be with you again. Oh, but I forgot. You decided to fill the space that only I was supposed to fill by seducing others.

Really? After all these years I thought you'd have more decency than that. I guess I was wrong. I can't trust anything you've told me anymore.

It seems like our whole life together was a lie. 

As I'm writing this I can't stop my hands from shaking. I'm not sure of what feeling it's due to though.

The hurt? The heartbreak? The anger? The fact that none of this feels real?

I never thought for one moment in my entire life that you would be the type of person to do that. One thing for sure is that I'm not going to trust someone so blindly again. I've had the final straw. You can't tell me that my friend was lying. When I came back I headed straight to his house. He took a videos at every club. Every party you were at with another man's arms around your waist. Every party you were at with another man's lips on yours.

Don't bother calling me to ask where I am. I've changed my mobile number and I don't even know myself where I am headed to. As long as it's far away from here. From all the memories that were made here. I'm starting a fresh.

Without you.

Maybe one day you will find the wedding ring that you have hidden away in a box and feel the same emptiness in your heart that I have been feeling for so long now. Or maybe you'll find it hard to sleep one night and while you're staring at the ceiling you'll ask yourself, "isn't something missing?"

Then again, maybe you won't.

 

Am I that unimportant to you?

 

I've left my wedding ring on your bedside table. Do what you want with it. I have no use for it anymore. It has no significance.

What hurts the most is that I've been close to death on a daily basis, knowing you don't care. The only person who I actually hoped would.

It's not like I was forced to fight though, I knew about the physical and mental pain I would have to go through, but I never expected that you would use it as a way to get rid of me. I've dodged death so many times, though I would give my life so willingly just to know you love me.

I pinch myself  constantly in the hope that everything is just part of a realistic nightmare. I feel every pinch.

 

Although this breaks my heart, if I know what's good for me, then this is the only option I've got. 

Farewell.

 

 

I love you.

 

 

 

[A/N: Okay so this was pretty angsty...it was heavily inspired by Nightcore's version of Missing (originally by Evanescence) and if you listen to it I think it wouldn't be too hard to see the link between the song and the one shot. I'm not too sure if it worked out as well as I hoped...but I guess it's more writing experience to learn from ^^ thanks for reading :3]