White

White and Blue

White.

Perfection, purity.

 

He thought he was blinded. He did not know what should he be feeling, the brightness itself caused him confusion.

 

"Hello, anyone here?"

 

Jongin did not answer to the voice. He was stunned, he was petrified. The non-blue confused him, everything did not make any sense. He never knew that a voice could sound ever so euphoric. He never knew the non-blue could be ever so soothing. He was scared.

 

"Anyone here? I'm lost,"

 

Jongin battled with his mind. He should never be seen. He looked at the lost human, who was searching for something. The human walked as he touched the wall, looking at nothing.

 

"Hello? Anyone here? Can you please help me?"

 

The human walked slowly along the walls and stumbled upon Jongin's zither. The human grunted, rubbing his right knee and touched the empty air. Jongin thought he looked like he was drowning in the air.

Jongin walked toward the human, step by slow step, a thudless step followed by the other. The human was still searching for something in the air. He should not be seen. And he was not being seen.

 

It was fast. Jongin took the human's cold hand, the human stood in pain, Jongin helped the human, the human welped in pain. 

"Thank you, I'm Kyungsoo,"

 

Jongin looked at the big eyes, their eyes did not meet.

 

"Jongin. I'm Jongin,"

 

Jongin had not heard of his own voice for a long time. Jongin had not seen a smile before.

 

Time fled, Jongin was inundated in the rhapsodic stories of the humans Kyungsoo told him. For the umpteenth time, he wanted to smile.

 

- - -

 

Jongin felt as if he was burnt by the radiance of the sunshine. For the first time, he had stepped far away from his blue radius.

 

"See you, Jongin,"

 

"No, don't see,"

 

Kyungsoo just smiled, Jongin stared in confusion.

 

Kyungsoo walked away, with a stick in his hand. Jongin stared at the white figure drifted away from his blueness.

 

"Don't see, Kyungsoo,"

 


*** the zither I mentioned is a japanese zither (koto)