The Secret of the Missing Heart

Welcome to Wonderland

The Secret of the Missing Heart

 

Authors Note:

This chapter can be a bit dark for some people so just giving a heads up. And thanks for the support, it`s much appreciated. :)

 

The first time she entered Wonderland, she was 10. It was also expected to be the last time she ever set foot on the other dimension. As a child, the mysteries of the land were easily solved through her eyes, and she saw it as an adventure, to be enjoyed and explored. However, childlike enthusiasm is not always enough to get one out of trouble, and as she ventured, deeper and deeper, she formed unbreakable bonds with the beings she encountered.

The Red King was once a bright, happy little boy. He was also merely 14.

“What are you doing here?” He found Alice in the Royal Gardens, sitting on the grass, and peering at the white roses.

“The Red Kingdom right? If that’s so, why are these flowers white?”

He giggled at her question.

“The gardeners always make this mistake”

Of course for him and the people of Wonderland, this was an obvious thing that happened once a year, every year. His head tilted at the girl who was so amazed by something so common in the kingdom.

“Then why don’t you just paint them red?”

“Paint them?” He laughed.

“You are an odd child. Where do you live?”

Yoona dusted off her dress and stood up

“I’m not from here”

Of course at that time, he didn’t fully understand what that meant.

“Your highness” a maid came running out. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere. You’re mother, the Queen demands your company.” She took a glance at Yoona.

“I see you’ve met Alice, the girl from the other dimension”

His eyes remained upon the child as he was dragged away by his arm.

Although Yoona’s stay was short, first love hit the prince like a hurricane. An odd girl, however, she had a beautiful way of looking at the world. She was also the first he could call his friend. First love, first friendship, and then came the first heartache.

---------------------

“You can stay” he whispered

Yoona shook her head

“But I mustn’t. This isn’t where I belong.”

“I refuse to let you leave!”

He locked her door and sank to his feet. Covering his ears, he attempted to muffle out the sound of her wretched sobbing, knocking, and pleading.

At last he couldn’t handle it anymore and left the castle.

---------------------

“Your expression holds a thousand words, what’s the trouble” an old lady in a black hood came up to him.

He looked up.

“Ahhhhh, young love, I can see it in your eyes.” Her lips curled into a sinister grin. “If you follow me, I can keep her from leaving, your highness.”

His eyes widened

The lady`s old, wrinkled hands gestured him to come and as a foolish boy, blinded by his own greed, he followed naively.

They entered an old, rundown shack and she sat him down in her kitchen. She shuffled through her cupboard and set two bottles onto the table, one RED, and one BLUE. She slid the red in front of him.

“One drink and the bond between you and her will be eternally inseparable. You take this one” she pointed at the red bottle “And the lady takes the blue one” She unscrewed the cap for him.

The innocent child swallowed it down his throat the second the cap was off.

And then, The woman started to laugh. She took her cloak off to unveil the horrible stitching that kept her body and her head intact.

“However, if she does not take her share, you will lose a vital organ, as well as the ability to feel love” she sneered “you will lose your heart”

She tossed him the bottle and he stumbled out of his chair.

“You better hurry up now, I have a feeling your beloved Alice has gotten a case of cold feet. Oh, and don’t blame me if it doesn’t work out.” Her fingers traced the line of her scar. “Blame your mother”

He ran out of the house and sprinted towards to kingdom to see his beloved being chased by the guards.

Alice!” He screamed

“Please, come back”

As he tripped over a rock, the bottle rolled out of his hand. The glass shattered under the feet of the panicking citizens. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his chest, as if his body was being ripped open, and he let out a miserable cry. Yuri ran over to help him up.

“Are you ok?”

He gasped for air and watched Alice running away from afar.

“Don’t let her go, she has my heart.”