Atsumina OS

Aitakatta ~ Interlude One-shots

One Plus Hours of Running and Running Again

 

“Acchan! I told you! You should stay away from doing dangerous stuff!! What if you got hurt?”

AKB48’s midget General Manager was fussing over a small cut that the now confirmed yakuza boss and AKB ace, Maeda Atsuko got from a certain accident. Takamina was so furiously shaking her head that her ponytail was flailing all over the place and sweat drops were visible on her face.

“…” Acchan was silent.

“What would I do?”

“…”

“What about AKB?” Takamina’s face was glowing red already.

That phrase made Acchan snap. If her beloved midget got mad at her because the midget herself was worried, Acchan would be actually quite happy at the sign of affection. But to think that all that little General Manager thinks about was AKB made her feel numerous unhappy feelings. Was she less important than AKB?

“…Minami…” She started in a low voice, but Takamina didn’t back down.

“You idiot!!! I HATE YOU!! Is AKB the only thing you think about!?”

“You’re the one that doesn’t understand!!”

Plack!!

A shock for both of them. This seemed to be a first. She slapped Takamina. It may have been the first time that the midget had ever been slapped in her life. A few tears dripped down the ace’s cheek as she ran off, leaving the shocked  General Manager.

Our midget had just realized how insensitive what she said had sounded. Really, the General Manager was an idiot. Even so, that idiot immediately started to run after Acchan. But she was too slow.



“That idiot! Idiot! Midget! Idiot! Tiny! Small! Idiot! Fool!!” Acchan yelled in anger as she went trigger-happy at the door in some random apartment that Nezu was using for target practice, though not usually on the door.

“Mae-” The said girl attempted to get the ace to stop. Of course, shooting at a door is probably dangerous and also it seemed like a waste of bullets since Acchan was just randomly shooting. Sadly, Nezu got cut off immediately.

“THAT DOLT!!” Acchan screamed. Truthfully, Nezu didn’t even know why in the world was Maeda here and taking out her anger on a door. The ace continued to spout insults about that midget General Manager; at first she was actually really sad, but it turned into this after a while.

Because Nezu is Nezu and sound-proof apartments are liked by Nezu, other things happen. Just as the ace wasted another half dozen bullets, a certain squirrel walked into the apartment.

The bullets went right past her head, only barely grazing her hair which she seemed to have straightened a bit. Right after the bullets hit the wall behind her, she jumped in surprise.

“Wah! Hey! It’s only ‘cause I’m slightly short that I didn’t just die right there…” Yuko pouted.

Nezy facepalmed and signaled for the squirrel to duck. Knowing the danger, Yuko complied just in time.

“SHORTY!!!” Acchan cried, creating a dozen bullet holes in the wall behind Yuko.

They were probably going to have to deal with a trigger happy ace for a while, until that midget that she was talking about came.



“…Mou… where could she have gone??” Takamina was frantically searching for Acchan everywhere. She checked in the trashcan, alleyways, dumpster, woods, up the tree, on the roof, in a cardboard box, and everywhere that she could think of, but that midget couldn’t find her Acchan.

“What to do… what to do…” She started to walk around in circles only to bump into some stray dog which started to chase her.

The midget ran. The midget failed to skip. The midget accidently dropped her cellphone down a drain. The midget realized that she forgot to bring her wallet. The midget was chased up a tree.

Really without her phone or a wallet, she couldn’t really call another member or Acchan. Plus she was quite lost. Takamina had failed horribly at just the wrong time. Also, even if she took her wallet, at the moment, Takamina was partially broke since she wasted her money on random stuff.

“…Mou… I’m going to have to do something…” She muttered to herself.

“Takahashi-san??” Coming by were Yuko’s two younger triplet.

“Um…??” The midget seemed to have forgotten about them, though the readers may have as well since they are more minor than Nezu-san who came into the story later, cough cough, I didn’t just break the fourth wall.

“We’re Yuko’s younger triplets, me: Yuki and this kiddo: Yuka. Need help?”

“?” Takamina tilted her head in confusion.

“Getting out of the tree.” [Oshima] Yuki pointed out.

“Ahaha… Thanks.”



“My sisters found Takamina… Ok.. Nezu, for until they come with the midget our temporary alliance will last…” Yuko muttered as she hid behind a table.

“Yeah… Yeah… No one wants to die here…”

Acchan was getting out of hand and also the narrator can stay no longer less she wants to be a piece of cheese with hundreds of holes in it.



“Yosh! Ikuzo! Hang on tight!” Yuka found a random motorcycle that still had the keys in and ushered the midget and her sister who was technically also short on. Then she pressed on the gas and vroom!!

“Eh? Do you have a license?” Takamina worriedly asked.

“Don’t bother.” Yuki just retorted with a simple phrase; it’s not like Yuka would listen.

VROOM!! VROOM!! And they drove off. Stealing bikes wasn’t exactly what that WOshima sisters did, but if the eldest was in danger of dying, things happen and those things aren’t always logical.



Bam. Bam. Just like when Yuko entered, a few bullets went past Takamina and didn’t hit because of the height. As the other Oshimas were elsewhere, they weren’t in danger at all.

The ace was surprised to see the midget, but at the same time she was slightly mad.

“Atsuko! Don’t mess around with guns!!”

“Baka Minami! Like you care…” Acchan pouted angrily.

“Of course I care!”

“Only about AKB.”

“Baka! AKB’s center can be replaced, but if you hurt yourself and died, that hole in MY heart would never be able to repair itself!” Takamina’s tears welled up and started to drip out of her eyes.

“Takamina?”

“…Acchan… you don’t think at all!!” Suddenly, Takamina ran off. In a way, she was the more emotional of the pair in the first place, so it wasn’t all that strange; it wasn’t strange except for the fact that Acchan had just ran off due to the argument an hour ago and finally after trying to fix the problem this happens.

Truthfully, the squirrel and the Nezu who were watching wanted to make sarcastic comments at the drama, but they just couldn’t. The scene was just too… normal…? No, it’s just that after a bit, it just seemed wrong to say anything. They sighed in synch and went home, wanting to avoid getting caught up in another weird fight between the overthinking couple from Team A.

“Well… NyanNyan’s waiting for me.”

“You just want skinship.”

“I truly love NyanNyan though… Even though I like oshiri and oppai…”



“Minami…” Acchan caught up to the short General Manager quickly.

“Atsuko… Why don’t you understand my feelings towards you…?”

“Eh?”

“I love you more than AKB, that’s a fact. Of course I would worry about you and that… Even if I can’t do much to change what you are… Though I just love you the most for who you are anyways…” She seriously said.

Of course, everything had just started because of a misunderstanding. First comes Acchan, then comes AKB. Since other than her important people, AKB was second to Acchan, so Takamina brought that topic up. Things like do happen once in a while because the AKB girls don’t always think through things too much, though overthinking is bad as well.

Just like that, after an hour that can be compressed into 1k words, the two, with slightly tear stained cheeks, walked back home together. The end, for Takamina and Atsuko’s little argument that could have killed a squirrel and a chili pepper in the worst case scenario.