Unexpected Encounter

28B

My eyes flutered opened when I heard someone calling out to me. Looking out the window since that was the way my head was facing, I gave a quick stretch, sitting straighter in my chair. Turning, I looked up to find the flight attendant smiling at me,

"I'm sorry, what did you ask?" I asked unable to contain the yawn that soon followed.

She just gestured to the cart next to her,

"I asked if you would like something to drink while dinner is being prepared? Maybe some wine? Champagne?"

I shook my head,

"Um actually do you have any milk with you?"

She seemed shocked at my weird request, but quickly recovered with a smile,

"Of course."

Filling through the cart, she pulled out a small carton of milk, placing it ontop. She then reached for a glass and I brought up my arm,

"It's fine."

She turned looking at me,

"It's fine in a carton. Do you have a straw?"

She blinked a couple of times before nodding. Pulling out a straw, she turned back towards me handing me the carton and straw.

"Thank you." I said taking them from her hand.

She just smiled before turning to the person next to me,

"Sir would you like anything."

I followed her sight, curious as to what this times business man would look like, and was pretty surprised when I noticed the familiar hat, taking me back to earlier when I had run into someone. Before he was wearing a hat and sunglasses, so I had no way of knowing what he looked like, but without his glasses I could take in his side profile. Which in my opinion wasn't bad at all. From what I could tell he had blond hair, though he was not a foreigner, and a slim face. He had an amazing jaw line, which was connected to a long neck.

Maybe he's a model?

I couldn't tell. I hadn't been in Korea long enough to really understand their customs, though I was fluent in Korean, so for all I know he could be a business man, just a very young one. Which is what made me even more angry for leaving so quickly. I had gone to school, learned Korean since dad had said his main company would be placed in Korea, and yet here I was leaving to Canada. I knew too that I would some day be coming back here, and I really didn't want to relearn all the Korean I already knew.

"I'll just take a water, please." The young man said and the flight attendant happily obliged, grabbing a glass of water,

"Here you go sir." She smiled and as she handed it to him, she leaned down her voice dropping to a whisper, though I still heard since his seat was right next to mine,

"I love your work by the way. You are very talented."

I blinked at what she said. If I wasn't mistaken she sounded like she was flirting, which I don't think was apart of her job. Well unless they added that to their new job discription which I highly doubted. The young man just looked up towards her and she gave him a flirtatious smile, turning slowly and walking away.

I think he was just as surprised as I was. Taking a couple of seconds, he coughed, grabbing his glass of water and drinking. I just watched him until I felt my bag buzzing. Turning my attention towards the bag that was vibrating in my lap, I shuffled around fishing my phone out. I looked at it forgetting about the alarm that I had on it and quickly shut it off, flustered. Feeling a pair of eyes, I turned giving a bow in apology my eyes falling to his feet.

Is that?

My eyes went wide and before I could stop myself I pointed at it,

"Is that a plushie?" I asked and the young man seemed to jump in his seat.

I watched as he quickly bent over, shoving the plushie that was falling out his bag back in just as flustered as I was, if not more, with my phone. I assumed he misunderstood my intentions so I quickly added,

"No, no. I didn't mean to offend you. Actually I,"

I turned towards my bag and pulled out my favorite plushie, which was a pengiun, and turned back towards him. I watched as he, who was still bent over, stopped shoving the plushie into the bag and slowly looked from the plushie in my hands up to my face.

"I understand." I finished and he blinked.

Hoping to distile any furthur embarrasment from him I asked,

"Does it have a name?"

He blinked at me a couple of times, and I couldn't tell whether he was happy or offended that I asked. After a moment of silence, he ped his bag and pulled out the plushing, sitting back up in his chair, this time facing me. I looked from the plushie, which was a dinosaur, to the young man and now seeing him face to face I noted that he was extremely good looking.

And he had a plushie.

"His name is Rex."

That wasn't predictable.

"A-and what is yours?"

I smiled at his shyness, which was the opposite of his looks.

"Mumble." I said now playing with the penguin in my lap.

"Ah, from happy feet." He replied and I nodded.

Cheesy I know.

But I think the cheesiness won him over, since a smile soon fell on his face and for a second I thought I almost fell out of my seat.

So handsome.

"So," I began hoping the conversation didn't stop or turn awkward,

"Canada. Why Canada?"

He looked at me before looking down at Rex, pulling his arms,

"I'm visiting a friend and his family."

Ah, so not a business man.

He had to be a model then.

"An-and you?"

This brought out a sigh from me,

"I'm actually moving there."

He stopped messing with his plushie and looked at me,

"You don't sound to thrilled about it."

I tilted my head from side to side,

"Well it wasn't like I exactly planned moving to Canada."

"Oh, and how long did you live in Korea?"

I sighed again,

"Two weeks."

This made him cough. My eyes went wide with worry,

"Are you alright?"

I saw him shake his hands before picking up the glass of water and taking a sip,

"I'm fine. Wow. Only two weeks. You sure?"

I nodded,

"I'm sorry, I expected you to say at least a couple years since your Korean is so good."

I get that a lot.

"Really? Thanks. I studied it before."

"Ah, that makes sense. That also explains why.." He trailed off looking at his plushie and I blinked.

"Explains what?"

He turned back to me shaking his hands.

"Nothing, I was just talking to myself."

I looked at him with a cocked eyebrow and watched as he went shy, biting his bottom lip. Then another question popped in my head,

"First class. May I ask what you do? You seem pretty young."

He had to be a model, I was sure of it.

"M-Me? I-I'm an artist."

An artist? Is that what the attendant was talking about when she said she loved his work? Maybe a prodigy of some sort.

"That's cool, are you a painter? Or do sculpture?"

I mean artist was a wide range.

He once again picked at his plushie,

"I- I actually dance."

Oh, that kind of art. I nodded,

"And you? You're also young." He asked, glancing at me,

"Well I'm currently getting my degree in business and managment."

"Oh, that sounds..fun."

"Not really."

"Is that something you want to do?"

I was taken aback at the question. Truthfully, I didn't talk to many people, and the people I did talk to were always telling me what to do. I don't think anyone had ever asked me if it was something I wanted to do. I just...did it. I sighed,

"Truthfully, no. But it is what I have to do to run my fathers business."

This time he looked me straight in the eyes,

"And what is it that you want to do?"

I thought about it.

What did I really want to do?

"I guess if I had the choice... I would want to be an author."

He nodded,

"You like to write?"

I loved it.

"Yeah, I like the feeling of freedom. You can write whatever you want, create anything you want. There no...limits." I replied not realizing how much I was getting into it.

"And you can't."

I looked up at him,

"Can't what?"

"You can't do both? You know like write on the side."

I blinked. I never really thought about doing that. I was so transfixed on getting my degree and learning the tricks of the trade that I completely pushed writing out of my life.

"Um, yeah. I-I guess I could. I'd forgotten how much I liked it truthfully."

He just smiled,

"Trust me, following your dreams is important. You'll never be happy if you don't."

"And dancing, dancing is your dream?" I asked and his face light up.

I swore I think I was just blinded by the brightness of his smile. I watched as his smile split across his face, and the corners of his eyes crinkled,

"I loved it. If I could, I would do it for an eternity and truthfully if I died on stage I wouldn't have any regrets."

I took a breath,

"That. Wow. That's a statment."

He caught my eyes,

"That's how much I truly enjoy it."

His stare too strong, I looked down,

"So-so, what type of dancing do you do?"

He thought about it for a moment,

"There really isn't a type. I pretty much do it all."

"Really? I would love to see it."

I thought about what I just said,

"I-I mean yo-you seem like you would be ver-very good at it."

I could feel myself turning bright red.

He started chuckling and I immediatly fell in love with the sound.

"I get what you mean."

I took in a breath glad he didn't take it the wrong way and I saw him bend over once again, taking something out of his bag. That something turned out to be his phone and he started at for awhile biting his lip. After a couple of seconds he turned to me blinking before once again looking at his phone,

"I-I could show you, if you would like."

"Really? I would love to."

He turned his chair and gestured me to do the same. Leaning forward, I also leaned and he held the phone in front of us, our shoulders brushing together. I in my breath from the contact and he turned, his cheeks red,

"Sorry." He muttered and I just shook my head.

Trying my hardest to keep my attention on the phone in front and not to the good looking dancer to my left, I watched as he the phone, typing in something. When the video pulled up, he sat there for a second before he gave a little jump. Turning towards him, I watched as he fished in his pocket pulling out a set of headphones. Plugging it into the phone, he put one in his ear and handed me the other,

"You know, for the noise."

I shook my head taking the headphone from him and placing it in my own ear. Looking back at the screen, he hit the play button and I was not prepared for what I was about to watch.

It was like the shy guy next of me and the person on the screen was a whole different person. I watched as the dancer hit each move flawlessly, as if the dance was made for him. With every beat, he hit strong and it was mindblowing how he could go from hitting sharp moves, to gracefully flowing to the next.

His charisma is just...wow.

To my disappointment the video was soon coming to an end and even after the music was long gone I still sat there staring at the screen. His husky voice is what pulled me back to reality,

"So, wh-what did you think?"

I dragged my attention to the screen to the young man sitting next to me.

What could I say to explain that?

"It-It's. No comment." I breathed out laughing.

I watched as he rubbed his arm,

"I hope that's a good thing." He laughed,

"It is. You're an amazing dancer. I- don't know what to say. Its that good."

He dropped his head blushing,

"Thanks."

I looked at him and noticing my stare he looked up at me confused,

"What? Is there something on my face?"

I shook my head,

"No. I'm just wondering how on screen you look so.."

I couldn't say y.

"Confident, and yet you're so shy."

Of course this made him only more shy,

"I just am." He shrugged and I wanted to just pinch his cheeks at how cute he was, but then that would probably come off as weird.

Right?

"I also really liked the song. It's, what is it called?, K-pop right?"

He just nodded,

"Do you listen to k-pop?"

I shook my head,

"I mean I've heard it when I'm walking around and stuff, but I haven't had the time to actually look it up."

"Do you know anything about it, how it works?"

Again I shook my head,

"I was only there for two weeks, so no, not really."

He again looked at his phone, biting his lip,

"Basically it's just a bunch of groups. Each group has a certain amount of people and they sing and dance."

I nodded in understandment,

"And does everyone dance, or is it like some do the singing some dance?"

"Everyone sings, everyone dances." He replied and I blinked.

"At the same time?"

Ok, I'll admit that question sounded dumb.

He just chuckled,

"Yeah. Each song has its own cheorography to it."

"Wow. That sounds...hard."

Again he laughed,

"It can be sometimes."

This made me raise a brow,

"You sound as if you know by experience."

He coughed,

"You could, um, say that."

I'm not dumb. I connected the dots.

"So you are also in a group. Do you sing?"

He scratched the back of his neck,

"How about I just show you."

Searching another video, I placed the headphone back into my ear and waited curiously as he pushed play. The video started up, and I watched as a guy with a peircing gaze made an ok sign before putting on a hat. The scene quickly went back showing a group of six and I couldn't help but point my finger to the screen when I saw the familiar face,

"Hey it's you."

I faintly heard him chuckle. I was quickly immersed into the music, and before I knew it I was already humming with the tune. Watching with wide eyes, because I didn't know what else to do, I was shocked when the video soon came to an end with the camera going into the familiar dancers hat. The screen went black, with Growl displaying on the screen. I heard a cough and turned,

"So, um. Do you like?"

All I could do was nod, and I quickly turned back to the phone, slidding my finger across the screen so it would start playing again. Again I watched it, this time actually focusing on everyone and not just the familar dancer and I couldn't believe how many good looking and talent people there were.

"Exo. Is that your group name?"

He nodded and I pointed to the screen,

"How many of there are you? I think I saw maybe 11, I didn't count."

"There's twelve." He replied.

"Twelve wow. Is that difficult?"

He tilted his head back and fourth,

"Sometimes the stage can be a bit too small."

Then he chuckled,

"But their my family."

I saw his face take on a new look. One of endearment.

"That seems nice."

He nodded.

"Do you guys have other songs?" I asked and he smiled,

"Yeah, we actually just came out with our album."

I pointed to his phone,

"Is it ok if I listen?"

"Sure." He smiled, taking out his headphone and handing it to me.

He then took his phone, hitting the music button before handing it back to me,

"Pick whatever."

I looked at the screen, a list of songs to choose from. Not knowing which to pick first one song stood out to me.

Baby Don't Cry.

I guess I'll pick this one.

Putting in the other headphone, I hit play and was met with piano.

I already liked it.

Then came a soothing voice, followed by a chorus of others. Then it came,

Baby Don't cry. Tonight.

I closed my eyes, taking in the soft melody. I could feel my head sway with the beat and I was in, lost in a dream like world.

Then came that voice. It was so husky, and even though I'm not much of a rap person his voice was so...ah. Perfect. When the song came to an end, I pulled out a headphone and turned to the dancer,

"The rapper. Or I guess, the guy with the husky voice..."

He smiled,

"Chanyeol, his name is Chanyeol."

Chanyeol.

I gave a thanks, but a thought suddenly came to my mind.

"Wait. I never asked. What's your name?"

He turned to me,

"My name is Jong In. Kim Jong In. But I go by Kai."

Kai.

"Which do you prefer?" I asked curious.

He just shrugged,

"Which ever."

I thought about it before testing out both,

"Kai." I said and I didn't notice his shiver.

"Hmh. Jong In." Again he shivered.

"Kai. Jong In. Kai. Jong In." I couldn't decide which one I liked better.

"Stop." He muttered and I looked at him confused,

"What?"

He shook his head,

"What's your name?"

"Navita."

"Navita." He repeated and I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"I like it."

Someone shoot me.

"I like your's too."

With that he gave a smirk and I almost fainted,

"Which one?"

"B-both." I mentally facepalmed myself for the sudden stutter making him laugh.

"Just messing with you."

I playfully hit him,

"Your mean."

"Oh another's playing." I stated before he could say anything.

Shoving the headphone back into my ear, for I don't know how long, I sat there with my eys closed listening to the music. Before I knew it, I was drifting off to one side.

Sleep taking over me.